[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /cold showers/ here? >my face when I tried it for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 1457059725250.jpg (99 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1457059725250.jpg
99 KB, 700x700
who /cold showers/ here?
>my face when I tried it for the first time today
what the fuck
>>
Famalam in Philippines doesn't have a shower water heater, nor bothered to install the one we got for em
They don't like it and they don't do it
So I keep myself used to cold showers so it's not such a shock every year
>>
File: 1412360741069.jpg (139 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1412360741069.jpg
139 KB, 693x693
>purposely having painful showers
>>
When it's fucking 100 plus degrees out with 89% humidity it feels good to start with cold water and them gradually turn up the heat
>>
Feels good to me m8

I've been taking cold showers for weeks now
>>
are there health benefits or is it just meme?
>>
I live in Texas and it is about 100 out everyday during the summer so cold showers are standard
>>
>>37864947
They're not that good for cooling down. Because they are too cold and actually make your body produce more heat.

But they're good for a short cold blast at the beginning and/or end of the shower. Feels pretty awesome.
>>
>>37865475
Dallasfag here, can confirm cold showers are the only thing keeping me going
>>
I wash myself in searing hot water (go red, typically around 45.5 celcius) and then gradually drop it to just cold water.
Stay in the cold longest and it feels amazing.
>>
Why the fuck do people do this to themselves. I don't get it. Life kicks your ass every single day and you bring it up on yourself willingly. Next thing you know they'll start telling you to take a dump outside or something because it's supposedly better.

You're not a samurai, you don't have to fight against your body all the time
>>
>>37865379
Straight after exercise it helps process lactic acid
>>
>>37864947
I actually tried it today on a whim, just like >>37865605
said I blasted cold water at the end. I went from almost-scalding to ice cold in an instant

now I understand why people die from jumping into cold water
>>
>>37864947
/placebo general/
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 522x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 522x540
>I take cold showers
>>
Depending on my cardio for the day, I'll take as cold of a shower as I can. 100+ degrees every day with 90% humidity (SC) and 15 miles biked requires a good cool down.
>>
>>37864947
usually have a medium warm shower for a few mins then the last 30 seconds cold, really refreshing desu

swear the cold water on my nuts raises test levels as well
>>
>>37865017
its not painful. its hard to explain but the water starts becoming warm after you do it
>>
>>37864947
I cold shower because I live in bumfuck Florida where I'll sweat straight out of the shower if its not cold. It's really not hard, and I feel much cleaner afterwards. I would like to know some way to push my cold tolerance. Any ways to do that in a hot climate?
>>
>>37865762
Right before you get in the shower drink a glass of man the fuck up :)
>>
I usually take a moderately warm shower, then I turn it cold at the end and maaan, what a nice feeling
>>
>>37865762
Wim Hof Method, friend.
>>
>>37865379
It also helps get rid of acne
>>
File: 1412730856169.jpg (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1412730856169.jpg
11 KB, 300x250
>>37864947
warm shower in the morning

cold shower after workout (literally orgasmic)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.