[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to prépare for the air force?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 650x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 650x280
I'm trying to become a fighter pilot /fit/. How do i go about preparing myself for that?
>>
>>37862018
They don't hire retards
>>
>>37862027
What´s your beef with me? You failed the tests?
>>
>>37862045
Do you have a fetish for apostrophes?
>>
I ship in 2 weeks to the Air Force, I've been doing a hard bulk, gained twenty pounds of good weight in the last two months, boot camp is going to be a hard cut so just keep that in mind. I'm doing advanced integrated avionics (high 90's on my asvab), eventually going To get my eyesight fixed so I can be a pilot, good luck brother
>>
>>37862018
sit in a chair X 10
>>
for all branches

>cardio

do lots of cardio
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 640x803) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 640x803
Chairforce here as well, graduated BMT May 6th of this year so pretty much brand new

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me

Also BMT was a fucking joke that shit was more annoying than anything else the PT is also a fucking cake walk

Hope to god you get the old dorms at Lackland because the new ones are 10x worse and will make your 2 month hotel stay a lot harder

Bootcamp was fun 2bh got bigger during it just for push-ups/sit-ups/pull-ups, I was also working out in my free time though pretty much doing chair dips and any other prison workout I could think of

1U0X1 RPA sensor Operator here

Graduating BSOC this upcoming Friday and getting my wings
>>
>>37862714
What do I need to score on my asvab to join the airforce I took the test at a navy recruiting place in the mall and got a 83. Not really sure how my score places on the spectrum for the airforce but he told me it was very good for the navy.
>>
5 years AF here

>>37862923
83 is more than enough, if I remember right AF requires something in the 50's
>>
>>37862923
Lowest qualifying score for the airforce is a 54 or 56 I think, somewhere in the 50s

The test was a joke I was 2 years out of highschool never did college or anything didn't even study or refresh my mind on anything went in and got an 82

I don't know if the test you took was 100% legit because it was at a mall but that is a good score if it was real

You can take practice tests on the Internet

Also please don't be one of those faggots who studies for 6 months scores a 99 and thinks it means anything

ASVAB score doesn't mean anything I've met people who scored 98s that are security forces scanning people's cards when they enter base

And I've met people who scored 57s that have the same job I have

ASVAB score means fuck all as long as you score high enough for the particular job YOU want

But again your job isn't guaranteed you pick 10-15 and you'll get one off the list you chose

Also do not go in open general, open mehanical etc etc

You will get fucked in the ass by Uncle Sam just pick your 10-15 jobs and wait it out your recruiter might tell you if you go open you will leave faster but if you go open you can get thrown any job that falls under that category
>>
>>37862992
I've gotten an asvab score of 93, what does that mean?
>>
>>37862714
>Sensor operator
>Getting wings
>Doesn't actually fly
>Penguin
>>
>>37863007
Means you can get a decent job, not whatever you want but you don't have to be security forces. The scores in the particular fields can be more helpful to tell you what AFSC you might wanna aim for
>>
>>37862997
The recruiter said it was a practice test and moat people score within 6 points higher or lower of that score. The only part I'm worried about if I do join is getting screwed over with a boring ass job. The navy recruiter said I had a good shot at the nuclear program and I have no idea if I really do or not but also don't care because that sounds like a god awful job. I heard at screening they help us pick jobs that will fit us well. Do the jobs they help us find really fit us? Or am I being cheated and their just trying to throw me into something they need people in?
>>
>>37863024
What would you consider a good job?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37863014
I realize it's kind of stupid and I'll take whatever hate anyone wants to throw at me

Our instructor for aircrew fundamentals was a load master and he gave us so much shit it was hilarious

>mfw I still get flight pay though

>>37863007
It means nothing except you qualify for every job in the AF unless you have medical problems or are color blind etc etc, you only need a 78 or so to qualify for every job

Nice job tho but remember it doesn't mean anything
>>
>>37863035
The jobs they find for you are the jobs they need people for, plain and simple. Avoid nuclear programs at all costs. The extra shit is not worth it at all.
>>37863043
It depends on what you like to do. Any maintenance job is gonna be rough. Every job is gonna have the ups and downs depending on the days and almost all jobs are undermanned. Depends a lot on what supervision you get too
>>
>>37863035
Honestly like I said the job thing is kind of hit or miss

I'd say ask around on 4chan and see what jobs other military people have had and if it was good or talk to ex airforce people you know in real life

Some jobs seem like shit on paper but are chill as fuck

And some jobs that seem cool as fuck are you standing for 8 hours doing nothing aka security forces

If you go in open (insert field here) you have a higher chance of getting fucked but if you pick yor top 10 list and give it to your recruiter you are guaranteed one of those 10 jobs

So do your research and make your list
>>
File: 20130819_122809.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20130819_122809.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37863069
Flight pay for enlisted isn't even that much but it's something.

Boom Operator here BTW
>>
>>37863090
Is the pay all the same? It's based on rank right?
>>
>>37863135
Yup, every job gets the same base pay. Certain jobs can have incentives like flight pay, or dive pay in the navy, even can get extra for knowing certain other languages. Your housing and food allowance varies on if you're single, married, kids and what not
>>
>>37863135
Pay for any job is exactly the same

Changes based on rank and time in service

Also special bonuses like hazard pay if you are deployed and there is flight pay and special jobs like if you're an MTI

basically it's all the same unless you rank up

That's why I laugh when I see people the same rank as me walking around with 600$ watches and ray bans right out of BMT because they are literally wasting they're entire paychecks

>>37863113
I know man but 150$ a month extra isn't bad
>>
What are some good jobs that the Air Force allows color blind people to have?
>>
>>37863166
It's nice but compared to officers flight pay around 8 years I believe they get 800 a month, on top of being a major and already getting stupid money. Also don't be the jackass to buy a mustang in tech school please
>>
>>37863187
It'd be easier to just figure out a list of jobs you'd like and see if they allow you to be colorblind.
>>
>>37862018

You need to be an officer to be a pilot u nigger
>>
>>37862018
I'd start with a college degree related to flying, and other shit to make you look good. Everyone and their fucking mother wants to be a pilot in the USAF. It's competitive as fuck.

You don't need to be super /fit/ to sit in a plane. Just run a lot.
>>
>>37863219
Not gonna be able to really keep them through BMT anyways because it's mostly cardio and simple exercises so do what you want
>>
>>37862714
do you recommend i bulk or cut before bmt. I wanna keep my gains

5'8 160, 23% BF
>>
>>37863206
I'm just afraid of ending up like my friend who was limited to services when he went through MEPS
>>
>>37863269
If it happens you can still say no, I couldn't get what I was hoping for and leave. Colorblind usually doesn't disqualify from much if I remember right though, depends how bad.
>>
File: RAGE.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
Physically all you need to prepare for BMT is a good pair of running shoes that correct your shitty posture from sitting on your ass your whole life.

Everything else will be a suprise to you.

Mentally, I suggest an attitude that includes volunteering for anything and never visibly getting butthurt when you have to do things you dont want to. Prepare for the person you dislike the most in your flight to be telling you what to do. Prepare to have 50 people individually calling you out when you fuck up on every aspect of your being 24/7.

That is all.

GOD I fucking hated BMT
>>
>>37863332
Volunteering in the military never turns out well, don't draw attention to yourself and just get through with it
>>
>>37863208
Not for the RQ4 Pham

But it's an RPA so it's different

>>37863194
Holy fuck this lackland and Randolph are covered in fucking memestangs/ chargers/challengers

Literally the gayest fucking cars known to man
>>37863187
I don't think it limits you too much, I failed depth perception and am going to be a sensor operator so I don't know how that makes sense

Also this
>>37863238
You don't just go to a recruiter and say you want to be a pilot it doesn't work like that, you also don't just become an officer overnight it's a process and if you don't have a degree the AF wants you won't become an officer unless you were enlisted and then switched over, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is how it works
>>37863257
If you're 23% bodyfat please cut, PT is running for 30mins straight 3-4 times a week and if you stop you will get screamed at
>>37863269
You can go to MEPS take the ASVAB see your job list and still decide to not join, as long as you don't sign anything you can walk out whenever. Your recruiter will probably be pissed off but who cares

>>37863332
This guy is mainly right but do NOT volunteer for anything ever in BMT you will get fucked

Don't be a student leader or dorm chief either, just do what your told when you're told and learn the shortcuts
>>
>>37862018
Jump form buildings and shit until you learn how to fly.
>>
>>37862018
Hi french speaking anon
>>
>>37862018
Why do all these military guys have those chiseled faces and gorilla jaws?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.