[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did it become "cool" to eat unhealthy? If you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: twin.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
twin.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
When did it become "cool" to eat unhealthy? If you don't go out to eat and have some wings or some other fatty things its considered weird. Even decent looking girls who will blow up in a few years eat awful. Why is this a thing now?
>>
He who laughs last, eats best?
>>
>>37857873
Dyel?
>>
Probably 1000BC
>>
because normal people like to go out and have fun sometimes instead of sitting in front of a computer all day.
>>
>>37857862
"If women couldn't talk about their interests, they wouldn't have any."

Women do it so they can talk about it because they think it will improve their social status and make them more appealing.
>>
>>37857862
now? this was always the case. did you leave the house for the first time in your life today?
>>
>>37858099
When I was a kid I don't remember seeing so many fat slobs at the beach or out in general
>>
>>37857862

most people are not into long term goals and rather enjoy quick shortterm satisfaction instead of enslaving themselves and show willpower for the good of a bigger goal. especially not women.

I dont judge this, it depends on what makes you more happy.
>>
>>37857862
I don't think it's the "cool" thing necessarily, it's just easy and instantly satisfying so people will do it without giving it a second thought.

I eat dark green veggies and grilled chicken and rice and stuff when I go to restaurants but all the fried shit obviously catches my eye and is tempting.
>>
>>37857862
Its always been cool it used to be caled a feast
only problem is peasents can afford to have feasts on the reg nowadays
>>
>>37857862
Being healthy has never been 'cool', it's always been a niche, never mainstream at all, and if you are someone who is 'healthy' in your eating habits and life-habits (exercise, etc) then you're considered weird or obsessive or somesuch shit. Corporate America and the media don't help, either, they market unhealthy things to people mercilessly, because PROFITS. Also younger people (under 30) aren't known for making very smart choices about any number of things, are more concerned with appearances and popularity, and less concerned with long-term consequences. Finally, in first-world countries (not just the United States) obesity is an outright epidemic, and there's the totally retarded 'healthy at any size' movement, so you're actually mocked and looked down on if you're thin and healthy and not eating fatass foods to excess like they are.
>>
>>37860034
Thread
>>
>>37857862
It's not a thing now, it's always been a thing. And that thing is that obsessing over calories and health is uncool Basically putting effort into anything is generally uncool, while having a slacker "I don't give a fuck" attitude is cool. Same reason why we tell you faggots that you shouldn't reveal your power level in public.

You'd know this if you ever went out of the house, OP.
>>
>>37857862
>not going 100% autismo clean when you eat and drink by yourself so that you can eat and drink whatever you want when you go out with normies
>>
>>37857972
hes got a great point. How can you expect to have fun without unhealty food?
>>
>>37857862
Why the fuck are you so concerned about being identical to what others do? Do whatever the fuck you want dude. I'll go ride a fucking bicycle through walmart later today thanks to you.
>>
>>37860974
>implying I have friends to go out to eat with
>>
>>37860034
>Also younger people (under 30) ... are more concerned with appearances and popularity

I agree 100% with your post but why then, aren't these people concerned with getting an aesthetic, fit appearance? It's also way easier to be popular and liked if you are fit. That's the only contradiction I see here
>>
>>37860974
But when you hang out with people a lot and they are CONSTANTLY eating junk food and drinking I have to draw the line.
>>
I never knew this was an idea out there in general. I kinda assumed it was localized. The only thing I've noticed with friends is a stigma against being a vegan/vegitarian. I was out with one of my professors and a group of students who were working on a project and the professor ordered a salad. As soon as he did, he turned to all of us and said, "I'm not a vegan or anything like that, I just really want a salad right now." No one really cared, though.

I like plain food, and I don't eat a lot, so I don't go out to eat with people often. I've had friends tell me that my eating habits make them self-conscious, but it's not like my friends overeat.

I agree with >>37860034 for the most part.

We won't have proper nutrition explained in schools and the like until it becomes profitable to do so.
>>
File: 1467934307908.jpg (47 KB, 460x743) Image search: [Google]
1467934307908.jpg
47 KB, 460x743
>>37859751
I don't know your personal situation, but don't pretend like this board wholeheartedly values long term gratification. Most of them (us) only really value it as far as working out goes. We are mostly jobless, relationshipless miserable slobs. The only thing separating us from the general population is that we put our efforts into fitness not having money or social standing. In that way, we are no better.
>>
>>37864238
Because being fit doesn't really make you popular, especially now that every other guy is on gear. Personality is much more important.
>>
>>37857862
If you have read the sticky you would know why.
>>
>>37857972

>because normal people like to go out and have fun sometimes instead of sitting in front of a computer all day.

>sometimes

Of course, for some people, "sometimes" is every single fucking meal of every single fucking day.
>>
>>37857862
I remember growing up it was always a competition between me, my dad, and uncles over who could eat the most. And being raised by a single parent who made pretty good $, we ate out pretty often growing up.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.