[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you are actually /fit/? I've been lifting for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1443434387334.jpg (87 KB, 719x1278) Image search: [Google]
1443434387334.jpg
87 KB, 719x1278
How many of you are actually /fit/?

I've been lifting for two years, can squat 400lbs and thought I was doing pretty well overall. It's been nice outside lately, so I thought I'd go for a run. I couldn't even run a mile without getting winded.

I enjoy lifting weights a lot more than running, but seriously that is pathetic, who can't run a fucking mile?
>>
>>37852110
Did someone rape her to have that kid?
>>
>>37852110
>who can't run a fucking mile?
obviously anon can't
>>
>>37852110
Running is a skill, just as a proper squat is.
Once you aquire that skill, you can come back to it and do good in weeks, if not days.

But you have to aquire that skill first.
Go run. Set yourself a bodybuilding goal and do steady state cardio as part of it. You'll get to the point where you can both rep out 400 and run a 6 minute mile.
>>
>>37852126
dude the moms face isn't even good
>>
>>37852164
>face

found the faggot
>>
>>37852110
It's called specificity of training. If you only train weightlifting you'll only get good at weightlifting.

I usually mix up my weightlifting with polymetrics and HIIT. I also do some group yoga every now and then to help with recovery and flexibility.
>>
>>37852941
I remember reading a study on vo2 decrease in runners and how they basically lose almost 1/3 of their vo2max capacity after only about of a month of no running.
>>
Of course you're not going to be good at something you don't do/haven't done in a long time.

It's like someone expecting to be a good accountant after working at McD's for a few years. Just because you worked doesn't mean you're going to be good at every job out there. You got to train and practice that specific thing.
>>
>>37852110
Weightlifting causes hypertrophy of the heart, which can affect your systolic volume negatively (aka the volume of blood being pumped to your body)

That's why athletes (outside of weightlifting sports) rarely squat pass 1.5 times their body weight; because it might cause them to become reconditioned for weightlifting rather than for their particular sport.
>>
>>37853016

I call BS.

source or gtfo!
>>
>>37852110
I train for otter mode so my lifts are fairly low, my cardio is decent though and I look pretty good.
>>
>>37853016
That's fucking nonsense. Not all people who lift weights 'weightlifters' are massive power lifters who lift heavy enough weights and eat enough food, putting that amount of stress on the heart, to cause hypertrophy of the heart. The average person who lifts weights in not even close to having to worry about that.
>>
>>37853064
It's only in extreme cases, for anyone not hitting 600 lb bench or 700 lb squat there is little to no effect.

http://www.uni.edu/dolgener/cardiovascular_phys/Electronic%20Articles/Resistance_Training_Cardiac_Hypertrophy.pdf

op is just a fat shit that should run more
>>
>>37852110
>I've been lifting for two years, can squat 400lbs and thought I was doing pretty well overal

Well why did you think working out your quads et al was the same as working out your fucking lungs? You fell for the cardio kills gains meme, good job.
>>
>>37852110
trust me on this, you have to do both. your quality of life improves IMMENSELY with good cardio. you will live longer, feel better, and be happier. don't skip cardio day anons
>>
>>37853288
for anyone who is too lazy to even read the abstract
>. RT athletes who use anabolic steroids have been shown to have significantly higher LV mass compared with drug-free sport matched athletes. This brief review will sort out some of the factors that may affect the acute and chronic outcome of RT on LV morphology.

>>37853016
this retarded comment literally only applies to roided people, which is pretty much known by everyone already.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.