[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideal water intake for bulking up? I'm going for 4000
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: arnoldswatza.jpg (108 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
arnoldswatza.jpg
108 KB, 620x413
Ideal water intake for bulking up?

I'm going for 4000 calories daily, but in doing so find myself not drinking enough water because it fills me up.

I drink iced tea (shitty nestle tea = sugar + water) and it makes it harder for me to keep eating. Thinking about drinking only water from now on.

>Is sugar gainz goblin?
>Ideal water intake for gainz?
>>
>>37843871
gallon of water a day. stop drinking anything but it and maybe UNSWEETENED tea, coffee, and milk. don't put sugar in that shit.
>>
There's no such thing as 'ideal water intake for gainz'
>>
I dunno about ideal water intake, if there is such a thing. I'd say drink till you aren't thirsty anymore.
Stay away from sugary drinks, they aren't good for you and makes you want to eat less actual food while containing worthless calories. Tea and coffee has caffeine in it which supresses appetite in a lot of people.
So when trying to gain weight, drink water and eat a lot of food.
>>
>>37844056
>worthless calories
When will this meme finally die ?
>>
>>37843898
Isn't milk good for bulking up though?
I drink milk with my 2 scoops of mass gain protein.

>>37844056
>>37844081
I've noticed that sugary drinks do decrease my appetite. I was hoping that that sugar counted in some sense in calories, but you might be right and they might just be worthless calories.

Which brings the question of why is sugar worthless calories? Is my body not able to convert that to protein or at least use those worthless calories instead of the actual protein calories I consume and those will go straight to muscle gain?
>>
>>37844563
sugar will never equal protein you dumass
>>
>>37844720
true.

I guess my last question is, Could I "replace" water with watered down protein shake?

Say I drink 2 scoops with milk in the morning.

Throughout the day from there on, what if I drink my water with a half a scoop?

Would that work on gainz? or would that make me a bit dehydrated and hold me back or something?
>>
As much as possible desu

Drink until your pee is clear
>>
>>37845023
I know that's good for health, but wouldn't that fill me up with water when I could be mixing some protein shake in it. Even in small amounts?
>>
>>37845846
What do you mean 'fill me up with water'

You piss any out you don't need
>>
>>37845846
no, it won't fill you up.

When you drink more water your body also stores less of it, so you carry less water weight and look leaner.
>>
There is such a thing as too much water. Im proof of it. I drank over a gallon a day before getting into exercise, and then when i heard more is better, i went ham. The problem is that excessive water flushes out vitamins and minerals from every cell in your body. Usually you will feel tired/ lose energy first ,when sodium and calcium is low.
>>
Rule of thumb is 1 mL for 1 calorie consumed.

So you should drink like 4L per day which isnt a lot. Does your gym have a water filtered fountain? You can get it all there right there.

Not only that, food also has water so if you eat like pasta or salsa that technically counts as water too.
>>
>>37844840
ye, milk has plenty of water
>>
>>37846059
This is bait
>>
>>37846059
Actually the extra water just enters the cells. Nice try though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.