[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You walk into the gym >You see a man squat 170kg for 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: toshiggyornottodiggy.jpg (119 KB, 955x739) Image search: [Google]
toshiggyornottodiggy.jpg
119 KB, 955x739
>You walk into the gym
>You see a man squat 170kg for 1
>His form is satisfactory
Is this impressive?
>>
>>37836571
Maybe for him

Different people train for different periods of time. We all doing our thing man. As long as you're working as hard as you can it's impressive
>>
>>37836571
depends on age and size/height
>>
>>37836582
Real talks.

You should only ever compare your present self to your past self in order to improve you future self.
>>
>>37836596
23, 85kg, 5"11 but 6"0 on tinder.
>>
>>37836602
Yeah dude

The guy squatting 100kg and is exhausted might be working after 3 knee injuries, maybe he has some health problem, maybe he has aids or cancer. We don't know, as long as he working hard it's good shit

That's all that matters in life, working as hard as possible
>>
>>37836630
100kg is a very good squat by normie standards as long as they hit depth imo
>>
>>37836603
To a noob, impressive. To a regular, decent
>>
>>37836630
That's the truth right there. Buddy of mine thought I had dropped in strength because I wasn't squatting my 5rm anymore. Told him I was trying to do 3 sets of 10, so I had to drop the weight to 265 to manage it.
I try not to judge people based on the amount they lift anymore. If they're in the gym and they are lifting with good form, then that's all that matters
>>
>>37836699
Yeah but I'm saying by some powerlifter standards 100kg is absolute-babby mode. To a guy who fucked his shit up or has an illness or whatever it's hard for him

>>37836722
as long as you have good form and you're working with a weight that's challenging for you it's good.

Some guy squatting 85lbs where he's just yawning and not even engaged in lifting is just bullshit though
>>
>>37836571
I don't know man it feels like symmetric strength is way off the taller/heavier you are because it doesn't take into account how lean you are or how much fat% you have
>>
File: 1440550302936s.jpg (3 KB, 112x124) Image search: [Google]
1440550302936s.jpg
3 KB, 112x124
Realest thread on /fit/ get in here boys
>>
File: 1455737458638.gif (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1455737458638.gif
24 KB, 200x200
>>37836755
Those are the people I look down on. The ones who are clearly fucking around, not even trying and just wasting precious gym space.

You want to use the platform to deadlift 95 lbs? That's fine, but I better see some effort.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.