[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assuming you don't give a fuck about your looks, what is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: death1.png (1 MB, 971x613) Image search: [Google]
death1.png
1 MB, 971x613
Assuming you don't give a fuck about your looks, what is the ideal body fat % for optimum health?

Also, for optimum health, how often should you lift/exercise/rest?
>>
>>37836025
10-18% bf.

3-4 times a week.
>>
>>37836025
looks = health, anon
12-14%
>>
Relevant question, I'm actually interested in knowing at which point building muscle becomes 'pointless' i.e. reaches the point of diminishing returns.

I heard that even the AMA recommends lifting weights, surprisingly, twice a week, along with cardio another three times a week.

This is supposedly enough to reduce your chances of developing 90% of illnesses that kill most of the sedentary population, but doing more doesn't really have much of an effect because it's a negligible improvement when compared to the chances of acquiring a genetic disorders.

Athletes (like gold medallists etc.) don't outlive normal healthy populations or dodge cancers and other common killers.
>>
>>37836025

WHY THE FUCK IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE 179 YEAR OLD MAN?

Is this legit? Where do you have this from?
>>
>>37836086

http://www.bmj.com/press-releases/2012/12/13/olympians-live-longer-general-population-cyclists-have-no-survival-advanta

Tennis, Golf, Cycling, Triathlons are all around equal in improving longevity.

MMA, Boxing, Rugby, Football are inferior.

Conclusion is.. play moderate intensity non-contact sports. As long as you do a bit of cardio you'll be fine.
>>
>>37836114
http://hoaxes.org/weblog/comments/indian_cobbler_179
>>
>>37836114

It's in India, there's a lot of fake stories like this to get press. Most of them refuted. Oldest person ever IIRC is like 120-130.
>>
>>37836114
r u dumb
>>
>>37836114
because it's bullshit
>>
>>37836025
>20%
>never
>>
>>37836025
>assuming you don't give a fuck about your looks
it's too much to assume.
>>
>>37836049
/thread
>>
>>37836025
>Also, for optimum health, how often should you lift/exercise/rest?

Spend most of your waking hours moving or standing. If you do sit or lay down get up every so often and move around.

Maintaining a lot of low intensity exercise throughout the day reduces the chance of mortality from various diseases.

Exercising hardcore a few times a week will not make up for not moving most of the time.

Over training will likely increase mortality due to excessive free radical oxidization plus the chance of wear and tear reducing mobility later in life.

However High intensity interval training in thirty second bursts with low intensity breaks of a minute or so in 6-12 sets has been shown to increase the renewal of mitochondria (which are the energy centers in cells). This will grant you more energy generally and improve most of your bodies functions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4338748/

Sleep 7-9 hours whatever you feel you require, ideally in total darkness.

Investigate Calorie Restriction and Intermittent Fasting for further longevity gains.
>>
>>37836134
122 is officially the record
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment
>>
>>37836025

I'd say 12-15%

and exercise depends, but for a young male, light exercise erryday, probably.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.