[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I get stronger at my lifts like squats and deadlifts do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: smokingFrog.jpg (74 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
smokingFrog.jpg
74 KB, 571x448
When I get stronger at my lifts like squats and deadlifts do I actually become stronger in real life, or am I just stronger at those specific lifts?
>>
stronger in real life haha these are literally the most efecient relatable things u can do in the gym to get stronger irl
>>
>>37833193
>Not doing farmer walks
Most movements of moving things like furniture uses the muscles from squats and deadlifts. Work on farmer walks to increase grip since it is the most important in real life situations
>>
>>37833193
Only solution is to make lifting your life.
>>
>>37833213
My gym is pretty small and there is no track or anything. Do I walk with weights on a treadmill?
>>
>>37833225
Just pick the heaviest dbs and walk around the gym you fucking autist.
>>
>DL 4 pl8 easily
>need to carry 5kgs of potatoes
>can hardly manage to get home

Work on your functional strength by doing bw exercises and stuff
>>
if u die in the gym do u die in real life?
>>
>>37833277
Every new set of pl8s you add to your squat grants you an extra life.
>>
If you are a strong man in the gym, are you a strong man in real life too?
>>
if i get bigger in the gym to i get bigger in real life?
>>
>>37833193
Body Dysmorphia, the post.
>>
>>37833193

Both.

Unless you've already got a fairly impressive set of lifts, at which point it doesn't tend to help much.
>>
Its useful, but strength is not directly translates irl.
Anything really heavy irl is big and could kill you if it fell on you, so youre not gonna go lifting shit just cos you can.
The most important carryovers are things like technique and conditioning so you dont get injured
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.