[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a shoulder imbalance, my left is significantly weaker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: thoselips.jpg (239 KB, 922x1024) Image search: [Google]
thoselips.jpg
239 KB, 922x1024
I have a shoulder imbalance, my left is significantly weaker than my right.

I can do 10 reps with 40 lbs on seated dumbbell shoulder press with my right arm, but I can barely do 4 or 5 with my left.

I was trying to think of what could have caused this, because my left and right biceps and triceps are about the same strength level.

Could it be because I played baseball from elementary school until 12th grade? I was a pitcher at different times, and I know that doing rotator cuff exercises can help strengthen your throwing arm. This is the only thing that I can think of that could really have caused this imbalance, except of course for jerking off. I'm right handed.

I also notice that my left shoulder weakness causes an imbalance during bench press.

Would the best way to fix this just be to focus only on my left shoulder during shoulder days for a while? Are there any specific shoulder exercises that I can do that work the entire shoulder?
>>
change weight to what your left can handle, then do all of your exercises left first, and only do as many reps with your right that you can with your left.
>>
File: Wa1U967.jpg (230 KB, 640x799) Image search: [Google]
Wa1U967.jpg
230 KB, 640x799
>>37831997
i'm not reading your wall of text, just going to post some mckayla
>>
File: 1457539363306.jpg (270 KB, 1349x1349) Image search: [Google]
1457539363306.jpg
270 KB, 1349x1349
>>37832129
heres one more :^)
>>
>>37831997
I have the exact same problem, coincidentally with the same weight as you. I want an answer as well so bump.
>>
>>37832129
anyone got that vid of someone cumming on mckayla's face?
>>
>>37832461
Is that a real thing?
>>
fuck your left arm go all in on one arm ohp
>>
>>37832490
>>37832461
Yeah I call bs but if not I'll be mia for a few hours
>>
>>37832230
This is the skankiest girl i've seen all day. Hot.
>>
>>37831997
train them equally
it will even out
don't work the weaker arm harder, relative to it's counterpart.
>>
>>37831997
Dont you dare even talk about shoulders, mine are permanenty fucked, I cant even do a shoulder press without risking my shoulderjoint getting stuck so that I have to ask for help to get it down or to drop the damn weight over my own head and hope it doesnt hurt too much.
>>
i had a super patriotic buddy in high school who signed up to become a para trooper but he had shoulder injuries from sports. i think it was his left shoulder and he had like 3 or 4 surgeries on it in the years we were friends. dude gave up too he didn't rehabilitate it. i wonder where he is at now.
>>
>>37831997
The only thing I can recommend is intentionally injuring your strong shoulder. It's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>37831997
Holy shit, when did /fit/ get so unhelpful?

STOP. USING. DUMBBELLS.

At least until this is fixed. You need to overhead press with a barbell until then. If you want to go back to dumbbells after, go for it, but train both shoulder simultaneously and equally.
>>
>>37832943

Forgive my ignorance but wouldn't dumbbells be better than a bar? Like, I can make sure I do the same weight and reps until my imbalanced left shoulder becomes as strong as my right. With a barbell, My right could just do the work?

I'm not the OP, but someone with an injured left shoulder.
>>
>>37831997
dumbbells, get really nitpicky about form, adjust weight as if both shoulders were as weak as your left
>>
>>37831997
Is she drinking mud?

Anyway, who is she and where has she been all my life?
>>
>>37831997
Do barbell variations which put equal stress on both shoulders and require better synergy between the two to be done effectively

Or do what this guy says;
>>37832047
>>
>>37832993
Only if you do your left arm first and do the exact same reps with your right arm as your left arm was able to handle

Which is basically the same as using a barbell only more time consuming

Your left shoulder won't catch up with your right shoulder if you keep progression up on both of them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.