[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaining mass - nuritrition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: Sick+life+hack_190718_5914027.jpg (56 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
Sick+life+hack_190718_5914027.jpg
56 KB, 490x490
ok /fit/ I need help. I'm about 5'9/ 5'10 and 160 pounds lean. I want to build up to about 175 by next summer. I have been stuck at this weight for a year and I don't know what to do. Just to maintain my size the stick calc says I need 3300~ calories which seems about right. How much does everyone else eat, is 3700 enough? I've never actually bulked / cut before.

TL;DR Need to gain weight but having trouble eating more. What eat? When is best to eat? What won't break my wallet?
>>
>>37827569
Aight boy. First you make a decision:
Clean or dirty bulk?
>>
>>37827814
Clean. Since i dropped the garbage I haven't really been tempted by stuff like pizza and chips.
>>
>>37827838
Get a fuck ton of rice. Try to hit over 1K calories during breakfast alone.

When I was clean bulking around 3500-4K calories I usually ate around 1200 for breakfast, 1000 for lunch and dinner. Then between protein shakes and a snack you're good
>>
>>37827898
what do you have for breakfast? I eat a lot but I dont think my current one is anything close to 1200

I usually have 3 eggs and 2 sausages boiled or fried, cereal, toast with butter and maybe a fruit.
>>
>>37827838
>>37827898
Its fucking hard to bulk clean with 4000 kcal.
But basically what the second guy said. Fuckton of Rice, fuckton of oats, lots of "good" fats and carbs.
Think about including Pasta, but trust me, its fucking hard to bulk clean.
>>
>>37827954
yeah whole wheat pasta is actually great, definitely toss that into your diet OP
>>
File: 1440385899519.jpg (14 KB, 243x326) Image search: [Google]
1440385899519.jpg
14 KB, 243x326
>>37827898
Don't listen to this faggot. There is nothing "Clean" about rice - it's a simple carb. Which means it's going to spike your insulin and it's going to make it harder for you gain LEAN mass.

Buy a bunch of vegetables and sweet potatoes, get some regular potatoes if you're bitch made.
Tons of diet soda/water.
And TONS of chicken, turkey and ground pork.
eggs.
Fruits.
Protein powder.

That's it. That's all you're allowed to eat and you have to eat a lot of it.

So in the morning, get yourself some sausages and start frying them up along with a bunch of vegetables - tomatoes, mushrooms, pees, carrots etc.. Crack a few eggs, like 4 or 5 and make yourself and omelette. After that, gargle a massive dose of fuckong protein powder and eat a banana.

That's a thousand calories.

Then, somewhere in the middle of the day get yourself a bunch of chicken and sweet potatoes and veggies. Make yourself a salad with the vegetables - tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers + sliced up greens. Smack a dose of olive oil in that bitch (or creme freche, it also works) mix it up. Fry your protein - chicken, pork, turkey it doesn't matter, cook your sweet potatoes.

Have another fucking vegetable after you're done, maybe even get yourself a fucking protein shake after you're done. Guess what - unless you're straight bitch made, you should be well over 2000 calories at this point. Shit nigger - maybe you should have a fucking sandwhich? No, you fucking shouldn't you fucking turbo pleb, did I tell you to buy bread? No I fucking did it you fucking nigger, so I hope you didn't fucking buy bread you fucking turbo slut.

Feel free to have a fucking snack though. Indulge a bit, because you're bulking - it's allowed as long as you don't crazy.

Hit yourself with some more fucking chicken and sweet potatoes in the evening, down another protein shake you fucking cunt.
>>
>5'9-5'10
>160lb
>3.3k cal maintenance

wat
>>
>>37828031
Diet soda is cool but rice will try to rape your mother.
>>
Choose quinoa over rice, OP. Add a whole avocado if you want. I get avocados for 50 cent each over here. Peanut butter is also good. Fruit has a ton of calories (bananas). Try to get most of your nutrition from foods and not powder. Raw nuts has a ton of calories. Hope this helps.
>>
>>37828125
Diet soda is literally 0 calories and 0 carbs you fucking faggot.
>>
>>37828126
Peanut butter and quinoa aren't part of the paleolithic diet as they are both legumes. White rice is fine since it is deshelled.

Please stahp shilling.
>>
>>37828092
it's what the calculator spit out, im floating around 7% body fat.
run 5km every morning, gym 5-6 times a week and usually active in between. I like to hike, sports, biking, etc.
>>
>>37828147
Is that what makes it good for you?
>>
>>37828092
3.3k more maintenance doesn't sound right for your height. I want to say your TDEE is around 2800cal. 3.3k sounds like your caloric surplus but just a guess.
>>
File: 1459869076263.jpg (29 KB, 550x474) Image search: [Google]
1459869076263.jpg
29 KB, 550x474
>>37828166
>White rice is fine since it is deshelled.

What if my almonds are activated?
>>
>>37828182
Not everything has to be "good" for you.

There's no negatives to drinking diet soda.

Except for cancer, but if you don't want to die early, you're on the wrong website.
>>
>>37828126
i really like quinoa actually, should i just increase my serving sizes? Definitely need to start buying avocados, thank you.

How good is peanut butter? I like the taste but I know its super high in fats so I have avoided it most of my life
>>
>>37828147

except the fake sugar triggers a release of a bunch of hormones that make you feel more hungry, while diet soda is still full of acid that will eat away at your digestive system and cause kidney and/or bladder stones, and increase the chance of gallbladder stones.

rice, on the otherhand, provides quick energy, is relatively easy to digest, fills you up quickly so you eat less than other carbs, and has a ton of vitamin C. If you eat any non-white rice, you get a bunch of other minerals too, as well as a great source of fiber.

please be less stupid.
>>
File: This nigger.jpg (24 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
This nigger.jpg
24 KB, 480x357
>>37828166
>Not choosing a complete protein.
>>
>>37828210
>momscience: the post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3311816/Low-calorie-drinks-like-Diet-Coke-help-weight-loss-help-slimmers-water.html

Get rekt you fucking retard.

>rice, on the otherhand, provides quick energy, is relatively easy to digest, fills you up quickly so you eat less than other carbs, and has a ton of vitamin C. If you eat any non-white rice, you get a bunch of other minerals too, as well as a great source of fiber.

It spikes your insulin you retarded faggot.
>>
>>37828210
brown rice > white rice in that respect?

I usually just eat white rice because its cheap as shit
>>
>>37828203
Fats aren't your enemy, but like anything else, keep them in check. It's healthy fats just like raw peanuts, avocados and olive oil.
>>
>>37828210
>>37828247
http://www.ancestral-nutrition.com/why-white-rice-is-healthier-than-brown-rice/

>>37828224
Almonds? How about your mother's lasagna.
>>
OP here
so a list of shit to buy and eat
-more nuts
-more eggs
-fucking peanut butter
-avocados
-white rice ?
- even more lean meats
>>
>>37828376
Fish, veggies, Veggies so it can move all that protein in your system
>>
>>37828376
if you're on a budget, whey is cheap and good quality protein
if you have a blender, you can make great and cheap gainer shakes with oats, milk, whey, peanutbutter, bananas etc
>>
>>37828376
Yes to rice. Didn't read all of what was said above me but if you realistically are aiming for 4K you're going to have to have something like rice or pasta for a filler (and it's cheap). Unless you're going to eat 8lbs of chicken a day
>>
>>37828421
How do vegetables help "move" the protein, never heard this before
>>
>>37828203
>>37828376
>>37828422
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-bad-is-peanut-butter-really/

The science says peanut butter is to be avoided.
>>
>>37827944
I was (semi am just getting out of it) a 6'1 skele so it might not perfectly apply. But roughly

2 cups milk + whey protein
1 cup oatmeal with cinnamon
2 Bananas
2 cups Greek yogurt (be careful for flavor having too much sugar too)
2 pieces of toast
1 egg 4 egg whites +1 cup spinach and 1/4 cup mozzarella

I didn't jump into this immediately. Started with just a few things and kept adding more and more. Also some days I ate more or less (basically just tracking my macros on MFP). Slowly as you eat like this you get used to it and can add more etc
>>
>>37828600
greek yogurt sounds like a good idea, I like it plain honestly. Ill start adding that to breakfast. thanks anon
>>
is everyone in agreement for more veggies? i eat them but how does it work in terms of gains. one anon said it helps absorb the protein better?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.