[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently came across a study about some of the exercises that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: generic_legs_0.jpg (29 KB, 919x614) Image search: [Google]
generic_legs_0.jpg
29 KB, 919x614
I recently came across a study about some of the exercises that could harm you, such as Leg extension. What well known exercises should i avoid that cause long term damage?
>>
>>37825309
Skateboard squats
>>
>>37825309
Everything from squats to running is harmful for your legs, son.
>>
>>37825309
I forget what it's called but if you do the leg exercise where you place your legs against a platform and push to shift the weight, make sure your head is against the chair because if its stretched forward you could risk getting a pinched nerve which will fuck you for a few months. Also with any exercise make sure you're breathing otherwise you'll eventually fuck your shit up, as well as learning how to reduce pressure you put on joints (I.e. don't lock) when exercising.
>>
>>37825309
what other exercises did it include? why didnt you post the study anon?
>>
>>37825349
3/10
b8
>>
>>37825309
dont worry about skipping legs
just skip living
>>
>>37825309
Oh for fuck's sake OP, you search the Internet enough you'll find page after page that will try to convince you that ANY intentional exercise WILL KILL YOU DEAD IN NO TIME AT ALL, and that you should just sit as still as possible your entire life, eating as little as possible, and basically DO NOTHING other than 'exist'.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH LEG EXTENSION OR ANY OTHER LEG EXERCISE. You just train at the level appropriate for your state of strength and overall fitness, LIKE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE, and not fucking overdo it.

Now stop being stupid, stop reading the Internets too much, and stop believing every goddamned stupid-ass thing you see, okay???

Geez, I get SO TIRED of seeing DUMB THREADS like this.
>>
skullcrushers fuck your elbow in a long term
>>
File: untitled.gif (3 MB, 240x133) Image search: [Google]
untitled.gif
3 MB, 240x133
>>37825309
>>
don't do 5x5 or explosive reps with the leg extension machine. you will be fine.
>>
>>37825309
behind the back lat pul downs.will fuck you up m8
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.