[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been doing SS for 4 weeks now and already Ive stalled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 209x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 209x277
I've been doing SS for 4 weeks now and already Ive stalled on an excercise.

Heres my bench

40kg 5, 5, 5
45kg 5, 5, 5
47.5 kg 5, 5, 5
50 kg 5, 5, 5
52.5 kg 5, 5, 5
55 kg 5, 4, 5

today I did 57.5kg and couldnt even do 3 reps on my first set.

Im going on holiday for the next week so the next time ill be benching is 18th July. while on holiday Ill have no access to gym equipment and so I was wondering what I should do?

Is stalling this early a sign im doing things wrong? should I deload when I get back from holiday or just try 57.5kg again? should I try and do pressups and dips while im on holiday?

Im progressing okay on all my other exercises but im pretty sure this friday I will stall on my shoulder press when I try lifting 30kg. I could Only do 5,5,4 when i tried 28kg last time

xxx bbb
>>
>>37823302

E A T
A
T

M O R E
O
R
E

If you want more tips, see the "Getting stuck and getting unstuck" section on http://fitsticky.com/novice-programs

>should I try and do pressups and dips while im on holiday?

Yes.

>should I deload when I get back from holiday or just try 57.5kg again?

Do 50kg when you're back.
>>
Usually its because people aren't eating enough to progress. Rip says once you stall three times you lower the weight and try again.

I'd recommend adding in some accessory lifts about now too. Triceps, dips, that sort of stuff
>>
bro it took me about 4 months to build up to 50 alone, plateauing at 57 on 4 weeks is good dude, that really is. Try warming up with 30kg for 8 maybe and then you will be able to hit 60kg easily for 5.
>>
>>37823302
Well one thing is that you don't increase the weight when you've already failed a rep at the lower weight.
>>
rest more between sets (that includes wamup sets)
>>
>>37823348
thanks but truth be told even thought this is the first time i've done SS, its not the first time ive done weight lifting.

2 years ago I did my own bodybuilding routine (full of chest and arm excercises, no squats, really shity program i made myself).

After about 3 months of my crappy programme I managed to get from a 40kg bench to a 55kg bench press. SS got me to 55kg much sooner, but I feel like I started too light on SS and maybe havent progressed as much as I thought I have considering the fact Ive benched heavier two years ago.
>>
>>37823302

Eat more

/thread
>>
Low Testosterone.

In four weeks I was hitting 85kg on bench, started at 45kg.
>>
Progress on 10-12 reps set instead, OP.

And up your food intake.
>>
>>37823302
when you come back you should be able to manage 50 or 52.5 depending on how your warmup feels. Pick one that lets you complete your 3×5.
Also, consider microplates and/or stepping volume up to 5×5 for a bit. If it just werks it just werks.

>>37823441
ok m8

Can't wait for the insecure /r9k/ and /summer/ memers to leave so we can have actual threads again.
>B-but those are my real stats
Good for you, now take a moment to reflect what you've actually contributed to this thread?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.