[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23yo depresso >165cm hairy manlet, could look like a tolkien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 303621668.jpg (148 KB, 776x518) Image search: [Google]
303621668.jpg
148 KB, 776x518
>23yo depresso
>165cm hairy manlet, could look like a tolkien dwarf if I had some muscles
>88kg mantits fatty
>tried to diet for years but it usually lasts resultlessly for <2 weeks before i give up
>obviously lack of discipline etc
>also too weak/lazy/bad at lifting, i enjoy it but i get sore arms for several days afterwards which demotivates me further
So I just fucked up my attempted eat-less-than-1500cal daily diet again. My fat ass got tempted by a sandwich and a cookie, so I'm certainly over 1100 already. I can't fit in even lunch now.
So I came to think, since avoiding stuff I like eating makes me suffer and I fail anyway, how can I stop getting sore as fuck from lifting? And can I then focus on eating almost whatever I want (I don't do shit like eating more when I'm full, or exclusively cookies and soda...), and just lift and lift more instead? Will I get ANYWHERE with that?

I know I have the wrong mindset and shit but I'm insufferably lazy and I probably have aspergers.
>>
>>37822349
All these excuses just lift
>>
>>37822357
I want to just lift I guess. How do I not get sore pains though?

I also bike ~40 minutes 5 days a week.
>>
>>37822349
Didn't read lol just go to the gym eat less and a little healthier than u usually do, don't try to be perfect just go and show up.
>>
>>37822371

the soreness has a diminishing return

you keep going and they'll get less and less

takes a few week and they're a non-factor

a few months and they're not even there
>>
>>37822379
The only local gym in my tiny nobody town is too expensive (poorfag excuse, shitty job etc) - HOWEVER my dad has a home gym set up by his garage which I sometimes use.
>>
>>37822387
Oh. Shit really?
Do I workout even when it hurts though? Isn't it going to cause muscles to snap or something?
>>
>>37822349

The Soreness is DOMS, or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, it's not a bad thing if you learn to appreciate it
>>
>>37822394
No. DOMS is a standard occurrence. Just lift you fat sack of shit. You'll make gains, you're a manlet. Also learn to hate yourself more you faggot, makes discipline easier.
>>
>>37822394
>>37822414
I mean work out when it hurts, no it won't snap shit.
>>
READ THE STICKY HOLY SHIT
>>
>>37822409
>>37822414
Well fuck alright then. I'll give it my all to lift then, starting when I get home from this mindnumbingly boring job today.
Thanks hombres!
>>
>>37822349
Fellow dwarf here (5'4").
Life gets far better when you get more in shape, and if you keep up your activity level then you don't have to eat so little. Get on a good beginner program (SS/GSLP/RegParks) and do some cardio every day. You'll drop weight in no time if you keep it up.
Become the muscledwarf you were born to be.
>>
File: thumbsAmmo03.jpg (195 KB, 818x600) Image search: [Google]
thumbsAmmo03.jpg
195 KB, 818x600
>>37822457
I'll check out those programs, thanks Gimli!
>>
>>37822371
you do

man up

also
>>37822387
>>
>>37822349
You put on muscle so easy as a dwarf.
Fuck you.
>>
>>37822349
If you're having psychological problems, read a book called Feeling Good by David M Burns.
It helps with depression, anxiety and OCD type stuff and the same principles apply to motivation.
It's basically a practical manual on positive thinking.

There's a few parts to it but the gist is you learn how to think more objectively about yourself and the world around you but recognising unhelpful and unrealistic thinking patterns. You gently remind yourself not to think this way. (Gently but firmly)

This helps with your confidence, in a realistic manner.
When you are realistically confident, you make small achievements.
When you have achievements, you have more confidence and experience.
When you are confident you can do something, you don't set up little catastrophes where you crumble and fail at a lofty goal. Instead you keep on trucking.

Imagine the father you always wanted is in your head giving you advice on how to be a good man. That is the pattern of thinking you want.

DOMS is soreness- it's all over the muscle and has an ache feeling, as opposed to a more immediate, sharper, specific pain.
DOMS feels good too. It feels like accomplishment.

Good luck little one.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.