[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best ab exercises? That you can do in a gym, without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
What are the best ab exercises? That you can do in a gym, without extra equipment like an ab wheel. I've seen some people doing these and they look intense, will try them next time together with hanging leg raises. in b4 "squats and deadlifts" take your powerlifting gut somewhere else
>>
If you're bracing your core then compound movements are generally enough.

Ab wheel and stomach vacuums for life other than that tho
>>
Leg raises
Windscreen wipers
>>
>>37822324
Push press by far.

Get your push press up to lmao2pl8 and your abs will be joocy.

Stomach vacuums are amazing as well.
>>
>>37822324
Dragon flags
>>
>>37822324

Those look intense, but they're 90% a hip flexor movement.
>>
>>37822324
What supplemental exercises should I do to make my abs pop? Already squat and deadlift twice a week, my core is strong but even at 13% bf my abs don't pop at all.
>>
>>37822381

Planks, crunches and hanging les raises

Do them at the end of your workout
>>
>>37822370

What about window wipers? The ones I posted above are basically window wipers with the legs tucked in.
>>
>>37822416
I currently do cable crunches, but I can't add more than 55kg because shit cables.

I don't have much faith in planks, if a static hold was best for building muscle or definition you'd see every curl Bro holding a curl bare static.

I'm at the gym right now so I guess I'll try leg raises, does it have to be hanging or can I use dip rack to 'stand' on hands?
>>
>>37822656
>*65kg
There's only room for two 5kg dumbbells on top of standard plates.
>>
>>37822370

Are they though? I thought that was the case for situps, but also for this exercise that makes you twist your body around?
>>
>>37822799

Yes, at least as far as abs vs hip flexors go. Look at where most of the movement is occurring - hinging at the hips rather than bending the torso.
>>
>>37822370
stfu idiot, they're 80% a hip flexor movement
>>
>>37822656
You can use the dip stands too, as far as I'm aware this doesnt differ much compared to hanging leg raises in terms of ab recruitment

Your argument against planks doesnt make much sense.
>>
>>37823219
>>37822656

Also, forgot to add that you dont have to stick with body weight leg raises, you can pick up dumbells with your feet
>>
Dragon Flags

Back/Front Levers

Ab Wheel Rollouts (can do this with an office chair if you're game)

Core/ab is one of the places where bodyweight fitness is really competitive.
>>
>>37822324

Can do these on a decline bench with that thing on the end to hook legs over and feet under. They make me feel my lower abs. Once you've got comfortable with it, you can lift a small plate into the air to add a bit more weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipKImLF8lt8

Windshield wipers are great, but I kept pinching my neck somehow so I quit those.
>>
File: 1465246283408.gif (156 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1465246283408.gif
156 KB, 260x187
>>37823353
>lower abs
go away retard

plus, you're "pinching your neck" because you more than likely have forward head, are jerking into the motion, and are deadhanging rather having the elbows slightly bent and engaging the shoulders and back to stabilize
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.