[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get back into lifting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 760x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 760x416
Hey /fit/ long time lurker here. When I first came here 5 years ago, I was DYEL as fuck and with the help of you all I got into decent shape. My lifts used to be

Bench: 235 lbs
Squat: 345lbs ass to grass
Diddly : 405lbs

All at 185 lbs at 5'11

Well about two years ago, I finally found a girlfriend but let her get in the way of my lifting and got fat as fuck and gained 30 pounds. All my lifts have turned to shit and I was wondering if doing a beginner workout would help me get back to my old stats. Recently I've been using SL and a split but cant stick to it. I was wondering what /fit/ would think would be a good workout
routine to get back in shape?

TLDR: used to lift. Got fat as fuck. Want to lift again. What's a good routine?
>>
>not reading the sticky
>>
>>37821038
I have read the sticky. I just wanted to know if SL was a good way to get my lifts back up? I get mixed responses to it.
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>37821049
I don't believe you. I believe you're a lurker, but I don't think you ever lifted. Every time I read this thread, I picture a nervous fatty who never actually lifted but considered himself in shape. This has been posted at least one trillion times and you all sound exactly the same.
Too much personal info? Check for fatty.
Lying about lifts? CHECK IT FATBOY
Trying to fit in on an anonymous imageboard? Fat person behavior if I've ever heard it.
Reverse unironic relationship signaling? Fatty radar off the charts
Can't speak concisely? Fatass.
Tl;dr at the end vs the start? Fatfatfat

If you were actually fit at any point using info from here, you'd know what to do, because IT'S INCREDIBLY FUCKING SIMPLE. You cant stick to sl or a split because you never started them in the first place

Go mcfuck yourself
>>
>>37821778
Don't believe me then senpai. What do you think of SL tho?
>>
>>37821778
I enjoyed this post hugely
>>
>>37821001
>5'11
why are you even tryin, manlet
>>
Yes. SL works.
>>
>>37821778
Projecting a bit hard anon ?
>>
>>37825669

What exactly is he projecting? Hes projecting what a lying scumbag OP is or how he dislikes retards if OP didnt lie. How do you eat big to get big cmon for 3years and quit for 2 and forget everything? Its just not true.
>>
File: tumblr_nsjceztBD51tjada7o1_500.jpg (67 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsjceztBD51tjada7o1_500.jpg
67 KB, 500x281
>>37821778
>mcfuck

fucking loled
>>
>>37821001
Similar situation here but only gone for like 6 months. Start light and with good form, like 155/185/225 don't ego lift. Pause your bench press reps. stay tight on squats as your stabilizer muscles are weak and you have high risk for injury.

I've had success just doing Squat/Bench/rows one day and OHP/Deds/lat pulls the next for like 5x3 or 3x5 as often as I feel okay lifting, like 3 days on an 1 off usually. Add 5 lbs every lift. I'm approaching my previous lifts after being back on for 2 months.

If one lift feels terrible one day, quit after warmup sets.

I like this approach more than ss or sl since you have flexibility and never feel like a failure if you are having a shit day.
>>
>>37823051
>hugely
lipids detected
>>
>>37821001

as someone who did what you did - got strong, lost it (albeit for different reasons) and started over years later - i can tell you that the number one issue is gonna be your ego

as for your routine SL is probably fine and linear progression is arguably the best way to get your basic strength up, especially since the gains will come easy as fuck since you won't waste time on learning form and through muscle memory (meaning no getting stuck at a frustrating 1plate bench)

the important thing is not to overdo it, to pile on weights too fast/start too heavy or to throw in too much isolation and assistance exercises etc even though you'll want to, the routine isn't important if you just stick to it and use a fast system of progression
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.