[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I fall asleep on command? I want to try and go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: download.png (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9 KB, 205x246
How the fuck do I fall asleep on command? I want to try and go to bed at 9:30 from now on but I just stay up while laying down in bed and it's fucking infuriating

Also don't recommend me that melatonin meme shit, it doesn't work
>>
>get in the shower
>get in sleeping position in the tub
>oh yeah baby
>dem sleep gains
Worth every single gallon of water.
>>
Always get up at the exact same time. After like a week youll get a good rythm and will most likely get tired at the same time everyday.
>>
>>37819412
>tries to fall asleep
>clearly not working
>decides to lay there instead of doing something else that would make them tired, like reading
do you even sleep bro?
>>
I have the same problem and here's what I do

>put in headphones and listen to Robert Rich's Somnium (drone, ambient music)
>shut my eyes and pretend I'm in a comfy post-apocalyptic future as a bandit trying to find my waifu while a war is raging on

Gets me to sleep in like 15 minutes every time.
Not even joking.
>>
>>37819412
"Mela-"
>Also don't recommend me that melatonin meme shit, it doesn't work
oh sorry nvm bro.
>>
>>37819412
>Also don't recommend me that melatonin meme shit, it doesn't work
You have to inject melatonin, don't use the snake oil fake shit.
>>
meditate

I used to take hours to fall asleep and be thinking about shit all night but now I can fall asleep whenever I want. Can even just lay down and take a nap any time I want during the day.
>>
Wake up at the same time. Don't let your self nap during the day. Be in bed at the time you want. Don't use your phone or distract your self just lie there until sleep comes. Eat all your meals around the same time especially breakfast right when you wake up. Look at sunlight when you wake up. No caffeine at all. Take melatonin before bed fuck you.
>>
File: EuSydqGh.jpg (191 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
EuSydqGh.jpg
191 KB, 1024x1024
Stop watching tv/playing with electronics annoy an hour before. Get a good bed time routine down, ie., brush teeth, wash face...maybe drink some herbal tea (no caffeine). Read a book. Something. Then if you lay down and can't fall asleep, get out of bed and read some more or something. Don't lay there and roll around in your bed and get frustrated. Get OUT and do something relaxing, then go back into bed.

Also yeah wake up at the same time every day.
>>
>>37819577
>Stop watching tv/playing with electronics annoy an hour before
buh i can't get to sleep unless I nut one off
>tfw no gf
>>
>>37819412
All my life i have had trouble getting to sleep. Sometimes it would take me 3 - 4 hours of laying there before i actually feel asleep unfortunately my cure was to get depression and the drugs make me so tired by 9pm I'm ready to go to bed.
>>
File: commodore128box.jpg (289 KB, 800x441) Image search: [Google]
commodore128box.jpg
289 KB, 800x441
Sleep hygeine has been a struggle for me and every member of both sides of my family.

>Go to bed and wake up the same time is crucial
> no electronics an hour before bed
> no food before bed
> meditate
>read while laying in bed - then roll over
> the mediation should help you learn to control your mind - push thoughts out and focus on sleep time

For me I have a bad habit of going over the days events and planning shit in my life while I lay in bed. THIS IS VERY BAD.
>>
>>37819412
I used to take melatonin but then moved on to Benadryl.
Works wonders for me, and it's a standard sleep aid in hospitals too
>>
>>37819412
If you think about it like this you'll never sleep you faggot, just go to bed after a nice shower, get comfy, and get lost in your thoughts. Think of your sweet future gainz, think of being with your oneitis, just get lost in your thoughts
>>
I usually listen to Kripp's stream before I go to bed at night. His voice soothes me to bed like a baby after 15 minutes.
>>
File: 1424244945536.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424244945536.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>37819603
>this

try meditation techniques. It always helps me to clear my thoughts and just focus on my breathing.
>>
>>37819455
It's bullshit. I get up at 6 every day and I'm stuck counting ticks of the clock for at least half an hour while my gf is out in 5 mins max.

Summer certainly doesn't help matters.
>>
This sounds ridiculous but I learned a trick from and episode of the muppet babies when I was 8 years old. Remember that show? They encountered this problem and here's the solution.

>slow your breathing to 8 breathes a minute
>that's inhale 4 seconds, exhale 4 seconds
>get slower as is comfortable

You'll be waking up before you know it. Been using this for years.
>>
>>37819455
This.
No hitting snooze and "just five more minutes"

Alarm rings, you get up.
>>
>>37819455
What if I go out on the weekend and I don't get to sleep until like 2? I have still have to get up at 7 and be tired all day?
>>
>>37820124
Gonna try this
>>
>>37819494
Do you make up new episodes each day or do you just think of the same scenario over and over again? I can't imagine that the former is very helpful at falling asleep while the latter seems too boring after a while
>>
>>37820124
This works pretty well for me.

I've also been experimenting with this new one that seems to work.

Basically, I visualize something--anything--and I just keep adding details to it.

For example, I could visualize a telephone pole. I'd start with the general shape and then I'd start thinking about the texture of the wood and all the bent nails in it and maybe some scraps of old flyers and then those little rungs and the placement of the rungs and so on and so fourth. For some reason, it puts me to sleep.
>>
To add to a lot of the shit recommended here:
>your bed is for sleeping and fucking
No laying in bed using your phone or reading or anything. If you are in bed you are either sleeping or fucking. For everything else get out of bed and do it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.