[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here do a lot of isometrics? Wondering if I should put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Anyone here do a lot of isometrics? Wondering if I should put them in my routine since a lot of sources say they build strength very quickly, break plateaus, and build dense, hard muscle
>>
>>37818788
If you're an intermediate to advanced lifter on Stength standards, adding any sort of isolation is going to break plateaus for you
>>
>>37818975
what if on a beginner? is it better to do full body workouts (i.e. icf, SL, SS) rather than isolation?
>>
>>37818994
Isolations can still help but they're kind of pointless. You're gonna see way more progress cleaning up your form and diet. When your deadlift and squat are both over 2~2.5 plate, start looking into core exercises, and start doing some bicep and shoulder isos when you get to 1.5 pl8 on your bench, but even those aren't super necessary to progress.
>>
>>37818975
>>37819013
this guy doesn't know the difference between "isometrics" and "isolations"

i'm sure his advice is well worth reading, OP
>>
>>37819013
im sorry for being such a noob but what exactly is a "plate" in terms of weight. i know the bar is 45 lbs. but how much is a plate?
>>
>>37818788
If you're stalling on your main lifts and have the basics sorted out (diet, sleep, nutrition, etc), trying isos out couldn't hurt
>>
>>37819034
I know what isometrics are, my point is that any sort of isolation, isomeric or otherwise, isn't going to be necessary for a newbie lifter, and even intermediate lifters will see relatively limited results

>>37819036
A plater is 45lbs.

1.5pl8 is 185, 2.5pl8 is 275.
>>
>>37819048
Isometrics are not isolations.... It's shown that isometrics are great for recruiting many of the bodies large muscle groups to work together.
>>
>>37818788
I do plank, handstand, rear plank, bridge, L-sit, planche and front lever progressions.
I'm pretty weak and some are really hard on my wrist but they are super fun, just love the grind of progressing on a skill.
>>
>>37819069
fair enough, I misspoke

I still say that accessories are rarely useful to newbies
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.