[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DISCIPLINE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: jung.jpg (26 KB, 184x245) Image search: [Google]
jung.jpg
26 KB, 184x245
Motivation is fleeting, build discipline - a wise man said.

This thread shall be the Discipline Thread. Share how you got disciplined, daily routine and everything related to building a military-quality non-fleeting discipline!
>>
I've read some Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>37818022
smoke weed
>>
>>37817944
I just remember that the only bad work is one that didn't happen.

If I really can't be arsed then I drink some coffee and drag my ass down to the gym, and just slug my way through it. Sometimes I'll snap out of it once I get warmed up and work hard, othertimes it'll be a pretty shitty work out.

But anything is better than nothing, and we can't go 100% all the time or we'll burn ourselves out. We gotta enjoy working out.
>>
This may not be the best motivation method, but it's what worked for me. I worked a shit job pulling 12+ hour shifts a day, every day, seven days a week, for almost a year. Work was so stressful that after work no one wanted to do anything but eat and get drunk, maybe fuck a sloot before heading back to the dungeon. Between the stress and the shit eating the team started to gain weight.

But not me. About 10 minutes before the end of my shift I would mix a scoop of c4 into my water and chug the shit. No options, no thinking about it, no bartering or whining about how tired I was. If you don't know, you WILL NOT sleep on c4. So my only option was to gym.

And one day, near the end of the year and in the midst of a curl pr I realized I had forgotten my scoop. My gym appointment had become a habit.
>>
Almost die and come back from it. You can thank me later anon.

Discipline to be a normie no thank you. You can keep your normal lies and gasp your final breath while realizing omg is that where I'm going when I die.

Your actions have consequences so please keep that in mind when working on your discipline
>>
File: 1467320112385.png (849 KB, 1219x717) Image search: [Google]
1467320112385.png
849 KB, 1219x717
1. set goal
2. falter - consider being a bitch
3. do not be a bitch
4. complete goal
>>
>Discipline is belief given Purpose
>>
>>37817944
Well Jung'd.
>>
>This morning, I had to get up at 8 to go lift been having troubles getting up.
>Tried to lay down after my alarm went off and closed my eyes
>Had a crystal clear thought hit me: if you don't get the fuck up now you might as well quit and be fat a fat fuck.
>Squatted lmao3pl8 x2 after my normal squat session.
>Waking up at 7 tomorrow just to walk for an hour.
>>
File: 1467385625480.jpg (392 KB, 1090x1127) Image search: [Google]
1467385625480.jpg
392 KB, 1090x1127
>>37819945
I remember back when I was trying to gain weight.

It was 6:30 a.m. and I had just finished staying up all night to play vidya and study. Because of my ADD medicine I didn't feel hungry despite being 1000 calories below my goal for the day. I go to the refrigerator and find the proverbial fruits of my labor. The only thing available was rotten hamburger meat.

I set the charcoals and began grilling outside on that cold morning.

After I finished I went inside to grab the bread that I didn't have and just ate the garbage out of a bowl.

Every bite was an assault on my nose and tongue. I rebelled against my instincts. I ate at least 6 whole rotten patties. It was foul and towards the end I wanted to wretch, but I fought even that instinct.

I didn't end up puking or shitting myself-and I met my caloric goal that day while getting a lot more serious about meal prep. You bet I never missed buying groceries again.

Circumstances will rarely be ideal.
You'll have amazing strokes of luck and terrible strokes of luck. In the end, it all washes and leaves you average if you just ride the wave.

The really successful people do something unique. They don't let their environment hinder them.

Southwestern Airlines was the most profitable publicly traded company in the world while being in one of the most regulated and difficult industries for nearly 3 decades -full of failures, disruptive technologies, recessions, and a myriad of problems.

Instead of making excuses about industry problems they put their noses down and went to work.

You gotta have stupid, unreasonable, and unbudging discipline to an ideal.

If you want a ball to bounce back at you quickly you have to throw it twice as hard at the wall for it to bounce back.
>>
File: 1462127901154.png (222 KB, 677x508) Image search: [Google]
1462127901154.png
222 KB, 677x508
>>37821019
This is true

It doesn't help that all the lazy fucks throw mad shade at you for being "obsessive"

Yeah I'm obsessive motherfucker, that's how you get shit done, you don't like that go utilize a cactus as a dildo.

I had a frustrating weekend
>>
File: moto11.jpg (217 KB, 1680x1077) Image search: [Google]
moto11.jpg
217 KB, 1680x1077
>>37819495
this
>>
So many people see discipline as something so big and powerful and takes years to develop.

To me, discipline is doing it without thinking. As if I weren't the one making choices in my head. As if a greater being had decided for me. I just put the clothes on, shoes, pack my bag and get my fatass to the gym. That simple.
>>
File: no excuses m8.jpg (90 KB, 960x695) Image search: [Google]
no excuses m8.jpg
90 KB, 960x695
thread music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmauXlWEQA

unless you're severely mentally and/or physically disabled, whatever it is you're trying to do, you have no reason why you can't achieve it, period.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.