[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any mountain climb training tips? I've done a few practice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: KILIMANJARO.jpg (15 KB, 426x284) Image search: [Google]
KILIMANJARO.jpg
15 KB, 426x284
Any mountain climb training tips? I've done a few practice climbs and they're fucking killing me. Got kilimanjaro in 7 weeks
>>
>>37817277
help
>>
>>37817277
>>37817545
climb mountains
make sure theres someone more out of shape going with you
>>
How high is Kilimanjaro? Have you considered those facial mask things which restrict oxygen to simulate high altitudes? Beyond that, it's mostly endurance I would imagine OP, just keep up with the practice climbs carrying whatever weight you think you will be lugging up there.
Perhaps imagine a a rabid pack of jigaboos chasing after you, if you are going for realism in your training?
>>
>>37817277
Don't be a vegan
>>
>>37817591
20,000ft or ~5900m

I live in Scotland and the highest mountain here is 1400m. I've done two 800m ones so far and that's literally all I've ever done. Movement has never been my strong point and, while I'm athletic looking, my gains are hindering me if anything.

I'm thinking of incline walking on a treadmill with ankle weights on.
>>
kilimanjaro is just an extended hike. Anyone who is not obese can do it easily.
>>
File: Miami Skyline.jpg (819 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
Miami Skyline.jpg
819 KB, 3000x1688
>>37817277

You're in luck! Kilimanjaro doesn't really involve climbing. It's just a high-altitude hike.

Now as far as the altitude sickness goes, be sure to pack plenty of ibuprofen, you'll need it (unless you live some place like Denver). For breathe training, you could always pick up a breathing resistance mask and do cardio with it (looks gay as shit, but if you're from near sea level, it'll help you out).

Sauce: I climb mountains for shits and giggles and I'm from sea level
>>
>>37817928
You say that but I'm struggling bad with these Scottish mountains. You think the different terrain makes these worse than Kili?
>>
>>37818064
Keep doing hikes up mountains, aim to do at least one a week. Ensure your endurance is good too.
As you get better do longer walks with more peaks in, a 5-7 hour walk can easily cover 1500m+ of ascent in Scotland.

Also incline treadmill and squats in the gym can help. but actually getting out there is the best practice

I've seen loads of relatively inexperienced mountaineers do Kili at my uni, just don't give up.

t. amateur mountaineer of 17 years
>>
File: destinations-dubai-desert-hero.jpg (82 KB, 1250x555) Image search: [Google]
destinations-dubai-desert-hero.jpg
82 KB, 1250x555
>mountain climbing
My pussy when
>>
>>37817982
What an expensive hobby.
What do you do for work?
>>
>>37817277
I've climbed Kili and it's really not that hard physically if you're not fat, you've just got to endure a whole load of pain and cold and hope you don't get altitude sickness
>>
>>37818202
>pussy
You wish mentally ill faggot
>>
>>37818223

I'm a revenue manager for a a region of hotels in one of the major chains. I work from home (I don't actually live in the region), but it involves a whole fuckload of travel, so I rack up airline miles quickly and I have free hotel rooms pretty much everywhere I go. Plus it pays well and I get a tidy bonus if the region beats its numbers at the end of the year.
>>
>>37818184
I've squatted regularly for years and it ain't doin shit. I aim to hike more, just hoping there might be some secret gym training technique that doctors hate.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.