[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That feel when cankersores How do I fix this bullshit???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: Aphthouspr-A-enIL.jpg (15 KB, 415x233) Image search: [Google]
Aphthouspr-A-enIL.jpg
15 KB, 415x233
>That feel when cankersores

How do I fix this bullshit???
>>
Citrus and smoking give me canker sores (I don't smoke regularly, but the occasional cigar will do it). You just gotta stop doing whatever you're doing that gives you them, or at least rinse your mouth with some water afterwards.

One time I bought some stuff from a pharmacy that helps with them, kinda numbed the area around the sore.
>>
Apply toothpaste directly to the site as soon as possible. It'll sting like fuck, but it will neutralize it. Then use strong mouthwash for good measure.

Otherwise the circles will eventually burst on you, spreading the virus further.

You'll never be rid of it, but you can reduce how much the virus reproduces by killing off the breeding sites early.

It's no accident I rarely get the virus now. I just kept attacking the sores aggressively to reduce how much the virus spread in me.
>>
>>37813887

That's basically what those sores are. They're a virus hijacking DNA to prepare to reproduce further. But only when the sores break of their own accord does the virus successfully reproduce.

This gives you time to wipe out the sores early.
>>
>>37813887
>>37813908
>>>/x/
>>
How about you stop sucking dick first, faggot
>>
>>37813818

I get these when I'm stressed. I found something at the local store called "Canker Covers" and damned if they don't work. It's sort of a gelatin-like disk that you place over the sore. In about 12 hours (I use them overnight) the canker is really reduced and goes away soon after.

The disk numbs up the area and has a vague minty-medicinal taste which is why I do it overnight.
>>
>>37813818
Salt water, swish around mouth for a bit 2 times a day. It'll help kill the crap and you will be back to normals
>>
>>37813919
/thread
>>
>>37813917

It's just a virus. Nothing supernatural about it.
>>
I had a canker sore when going to a dentist appointment once and he used a laser on it. Shit disappeared instantly.
>>
>>37813818
if your toothpaste has the ingredient "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate" in it then stop using it and switch to a different brand

I've heard switching to toothpastes without this ingredient helps dramatically and it personally helped me when I had a canker sore a few months back.

but then again this is all just anecdotal evidence, but you have nothing to lose (besides your canker sore) in trying it either way soo
>>
File: dog does good math.gif (2 MB, 370x319) Image search: [Google]
dog does good math.gif
2 MB, 370x319
>>37813818
Holy fuck, I haven't gotten these things ever since I left Vietnam. I usually swish and gurgle salt water after I brushed my teeth to get rid of these bastards. My mom always tell me that I'm eating too much junk and my body is rebelling against my terrible eating habits with cankers
>>
>>37813818
Make sure your toothpaste doesn't have SLS in it. Have your dentist prescribe triamcinolone acetonide dental.

>>37813952
It's not a virus; it's related to an auto-immune disease, hence why the above steroid cures it almost overnight.
>>
>>37814065
Will that grow muscles?
>>
>>37814065

You're right. That's a cold sore, not a canker sore.
>>
>>37813818
You don't. Get some oral gel, apply some and just put up with it. They suck but it's just a thing you gotta let happen. Blame your bad proteins.
>>
>>37813818
Applying salt is the fastest way to dry up (and thus kill) a canker sore.

Otherwise you'll have to wait a couple weeks and they'll gradually reduce in size
>>
>>37813887
>you'll never get rid of it

What? They're an occasional thing. I haven't had one in over a year now
>>
>>37813862
this

i get mine from SLS that's in normal toothpastes:

http://askthedentist.com/toothpaste-canker-sores/

there's plenty of sort of "special" kind of toothpastes taht don't have it

(Fresh) Tomatoes are another one which gives me them even though I get no other allergic symptom from them. I'm very mildly allergic to some other stuff but I don't really avoid them (like peanuts) and extremely rarely get cankersores these days. Still occasianally do but after cutting fresh tomatoes and the SLS from toothpaste I solved my problem.

So obviously my recommendation is trying to find the things that cause them. I got no other symptoms from tomatoes I just one day tried if they were the reason why I got cankersores and boom, they were gone. The SLS is widely knows to cause them
>>
>>37814232
Not that kind of steroid lol
>>
>>37814611

I got them confused with cold sores, which I've had all my life.
>>
>>37813818
DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE

srsly go to a doctor an let him mix this shit

29,59g Hydroxyethylcellulosegel
- hydroxyethylcellulose 2,5parts
- glycerol 85% 10 parts
- purified water 87,5 parts

0,06g Prednisolonacetat

0,05 Lidocainhydrochlorid

0,3g Oxytetracyclinhydrochlorid

I am german and i dont know how this shit is called in english. But srsly i had these motherfuckers for years, sometimes i couldnt eat because of the pain or even drink. BUT THIS FUCKIN SHIT HELPS. it eases the pain and supports the healing process like nothing you can buy.
>>
I get those occasionally. They hurt like a bitch. I just wait until they go away, which usually takes around a week. I tried some canker sore ointment stuff from the drug store and it only provides relief for a few minutes, so it's not really worth it. I'll avoid acidic foods/drinks because they irritate it.
>>
>>37814793
Cold sores are just a symptom of herpes simplex B
You know, the harmless one that a majority of the population has
>>
>>37813818
Bite them really hard.
>>
Gargle hydrogen peroxide... Great way to clean out mouth, whiten teeth, remove plaque, cure gingivitis after flossing, and take care of mouth sores.
>>
use different toothpaste. I've been using the whitening Parodontax. Never looked back since.
>>
>>37813818
salt on it asap when it initially pops up.

or salt on it right before you put oral gel on it

or straighten your teeth.
>>
Have more vitamins in your diet

Have a healthier sleeping pattern
>>
>>37813818
Hydrogen peroxide.
>>
fuck this thread
>>
File: 1417415488572.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1417415488572.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>37814037
>the stick just phases through the railing
>>
>>37814037
DELET THIS GIF
>>
I apply salt directly to it. It fucking hurts but kills it fast. 5 minutes of hurting > 5-6 days of suffering.

I've also used Hydrogen Peroxide, and it somewhat works, and doesn't hurt as much. Salt is much better.
>>
water + salt + vinegar, gargle it for a min twice per day during 2~3 days and you're good.
>>
>>37813818
stop eating shitty food also stop hooking up with whores
>>
for me these are caused by the artificial shit such as in energy drinks, if ur the same lay off that stuff bruh
>>
I get these fucks all the time. What could cause them: sugar, citrus, coffee, spicy food, bad dental hygiene, birth control pills, hormones, bad luck, god's wrath, vitamin deficiencies, toothpaste additives, chewing your mouth in your sleep, gremlins, stress, sleep deprivation, witch's curse...

What fixes them: salt water rinse, baking soda directly to sore, both, multiple times a day, waiting 3-7 days for it to heal, being in horrible pain.

I had a huge one on the side of my tongue that lasted a week. I was waking up in pain in the middle of the night to do my baking soda and saltwater. Couldn't talk, could barely eat or drink, living itself was painful. Fuck these things. I get them like twice a month. It's my birth control pills but what am I supposed to do, risk getting pregnant?

>>37813887

This guy is a tard. It isn't a virus.

>>37813999

This.

>>37814873

Yeah, don't bother with anything the store sells. The relief lasted like 30 mins and it was disgusting and horrible to apply, and I don't like the thought of swallowing small amounts of it.
>>
>>37813818

Listerine daily.

You'll never get em again.

First time's gonna sting. You get used to it.
>>
>>37813818
Buy Kanka
>>
>>37816230
Kanka?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM1PvYPUKtM
>>
>>37813818
ive heard taking folic acid makes them heal way faster
>>
>Thinking canker sores are from a virus
>Lmfa000
>10/10 fit
>>
>>37816143
>Listerine
this.

used morning and night and he left after 1 week
>>
>>37813973
And it only cost you two grand
>>
>>37813818
Had these for the first time ever last week

I just ignored it and it went away after a week
>>
I had a friend once who would claim he bites them off. I would call him a fucking retard and tell him you can't just bite off what is essentially an infected wound. I don't talk to him anymore.
>>
>>37814933
I cringed
Mainly because I do this out of habit when I get them
>>
>>37815000
>>37815120
>>37815314

This, combined with Orajel.
>>
File: zombie.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
zombie.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
>>37813887
This anon knows what he's talking about. Last time I got a sore was a few months ago, and I thought it would just go away after a week, but it bursted after a few days. Less than 24 hours after that, I had like seven more all over my mouth. They kept bursting and the infection kept spreading, eventually covering my entire body. Now I'm a zombie.

Apply toothpaste, it works.
>>
>>37815000
This
>>
>>37813887
you're thinking of herpes you dumbass
>>
i've had them before. rinse with salt water several times a day, and after a few days they'll start to shrink and eventually you'll be able to break the skin like a blister and they'll heal. takes maybe a week, two at the most.
>>
>>37813887
canker sore is a broad term for a general infestation of virus or bacteria in the mouth.
it can be caused by anything, brushing too hard, not enough b12, cancer cells, bacterial infection, generic viral infection.
Herpes doesn't cause canker sores, herpes cause cold sores.
A canker core will not spread, it's a temporary cyst pocket of above mentioned ailments that when it breaks open, begins to heal over. it's like a mouth pimple.
>>
>>37813818
canker sores are produced when your body detects dead tissue inside your mouth and the Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha kicks in and starts killing cells that may have damaged ADN in order to stop them from reproducing, avoiding the formation of cancerous tissue.
If you get a 1-5 a year then it's something completely normal and it's part of the bodily functions, it may be caused by eating food that's too hot, or biting your tongue or mouth walls, or overstretching your frenulum inside your mouth or any other type of minor injury, even something that you don't even feel or see.
These can't be avoided, sadly, but they can be treated pretty effectively with baking soda made into a paste with water, placed directly onto the canker until it's neutered, (may take more than 1 session of applying and waiting, may be painful).
If you get these VERY regularly, I mean >1 per month, then you may have a condition that makes your body produce excessive TNFα in your saliva, these canker sores are very impractical to treat because they happen very often. your only solution is taking aids pills (Antirretrovirals, which supposedly have as a secondary effect reducing TNFα production((((citation needed))))). there's a commercial pill that does specifically this, i didnt try it yet so i dont know how well it works. if you wanna find it just lurk a while on youtube youll prolly find it, i don't want to be accused of being a shill and i dont want to give money to the guys, they look pretty jewy.
anyway, hope you have success
>>
>>37813818

http://www.freysmiles.com/blog/view/what-causes-mouth-ulcers

The big one for me was switching off toothpastes with the ingredient "sodium lauryl sulphate", which is pretty much all big name brand toothpastes. I use Sensodyne exclusively now because it has no SLS and I get maybe 1 or 2 canker sores a year (used to get them every 1 or 2 months)
>>
>>37813818
Swish your mouth with salt and water for like 30 seconds, usually works for me.
>>
I get these a lot because I bite the skin of my mouth. I feel like God is punishing me.
>>
File: 1467683124582.png (87 KB, 268x325) Image search: [Google]
1467683124582.png
87 KB, 268x325
>>37813818
These things suck i get them a lot
>Lemon and baking soda
>Water with salt
There is really no passive option with these, if it doesnt hurt like a motherfucker it doesnt work, nothing i have bought from a pharmacy has worked
>>
If they happen often keep a food log. Sometimes acidic or spicy food can trigger an outbreak.
>>
>>37813818
Isn't the cause of these just being deficient in iron
>>
>>37813818
I bite them off. Gone in a day.
>>
>>37813818
I have those my entire life.
1,2 sometimes more. PB is 7 at one time.
Few years ago I know i got really frustrated over it, and went to see a doctor. Actually, doctors. nothings.
I tried all kinds of creams, washes, home and industrieal remedys, and still nothing.
Smoetimes when Im under a lot of stress they iccur. Somethimes when the weather changes. Sometimes out of fucking nowhere.
So I just live with them.
>>
>>37814232

Never skip lip day
>>
Qtip
Soak it in lemon
Put salt
Apply

And the feeling is just hnnnnnngggggggg
>>
Salt is pretty good.
You want to rub it in and remove the pus layer. If it starts to bleed a bit, thats good.
Using a strong anti bacterial mouth wash is also good. I find listerine isnt strong enough for me. I use a brand called bactidol, but it seems that isnt available everywhere.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.