[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's going on guys, I've been lifting for about two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1466117157124.jpg (194 KB, 962x1112) Image search: [Google]
1466117157124.jpg
194 KB, 962x1112
What's going on guys, I've been lifting for about two years now consistently. I've been on the same routine for about a year and a half and I think its time to switch.

I've been running Layne Norton Phat for over a year, I really love this routine. The problem is I feel like I'm gaining more strength than size. I'm way stronger than I look. I don't look like I can 225 for reps on bench but I can. I don't look like I 1/2/3/4 but I do. Can anyone recommend me an Intermediate/advanced Size building routine?

No meme routines please.
>>
>>37813430

The whole stronger than I look thing might just be because im 6'2. All my friends are manlets lifting less than me and they look way bigger.
>>
Well firstly I'd say you have to start implementing some cardio man. People ignore cardio and try to dream up reasons when typically the only reason is that they don't like doing it.
>>
>>37813485

Don't you meme me with your cardio. I'm super lanklet. I ran all throughout highschool. If i run all I do is shed pounds like its nobodies business.
>>
>>37813510

I climbed out of the depths of hell at 140lbs leaving high school. I'm now 195 and still lanklet. no way I'm doing cardio and going back.
>>
>>37813510
Yeah, fat pounds, you fucking dingus. Don't tell me you think cardio burns gains, because it's wrong. Do cardio to help your heart and blood flow. It benefits all lifting by giving you the needed blood flow during to help increase your endurance.
>>
>>37813430

he is roider and this routine is bro split and yet doesn't have that much volume?

Heck PPL I am on has more volume than this shit except these 3xF...
>>
>>37813430

Are you on Vanila PHAT? When I used to do that routine I would never recover between Chest&Arms and Upper Power.

Maybe I was too green for the routine, becouse I was no where 1/2/3/4
>>
>>37813535

You're a fucking idiot. You need excess calories to gain muscle, you must be eating above maintenance. Cardio will burn more calories thus making me have to eat more, which was my problem in the first place, I wasnt eating enough.

Shit nigga you dense. I'm under 16% bodyfat.
>>
>>37813589
>>37813535

I'm also on sterons. Just give me a decent high rep range size building routine.
>>
>>37813590
Then don't fucking run a 5k for cardio you dumb nigger. Just run for 10 fucking minutes before and after a lift. If 20 minutes a day kills your bulk, then you have a shit bulk plan.
>>
>>37813603

Damn bro I don't know, PHAT was a over kill for me, but since you are steron that was easy for you.

Have you tried German volume training?
>>
>>37813639

I'm looking at it, Looks nuts. Might be worth a shot.

Phat is way overkill, when I'm not cycling its still manageable but its hard.
>>
>>37813605
This. Doing cardio doesn't mean you have to run a god damn marathon. If you can't eat an extra 200-300 cal from cardio you'll never make it anyway .
>>
>>37813688

what is cardio going to bring to the table? it ain't gonna get me any bigger.
>>
>>37813430
The most important factor in Zyzz's body development was injecting synthetic testosterone.

Also, if you want mass, go low rep heavy weight. Heavy to where you can at most do 6 reps, then increase until at most you can do 4 reps.

At my current stage, I go straight to benching 70 lbs dumbbells and do 3 sets of 8, then 75 lbs for 3 sets of 6, then 80 lbs for 3 sets of 4.
>>
>>37813903

Low rep heavy weight is just increasing my strength. Im not gaining any size. Well I am but its marginal, my strength is better than I look
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.