[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't even lift up an empty bar how am i supposed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: jpg.jpg (13 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
13 KB, 216x233
>can't even lift up an empty bar

how am i supposed to lift then?
should i just kill myself?
>>
>>37813138
Its ok im just starting and cant lift the 10lb dumbells. A 45lb bar would literally crush me
>>
if you weren't athletic before lifting that's perfectly normal. just use machines for a few weeks.
>>
>>37813138
start with bodyweight or lighter dumbbells replicating the movements you're trying to do.

Alternatively go back to >>>/r9k/
>>
Are you a toddler?
>>
>>37813138
*sigh*

Listen, kid..

YOU CAN ONLY TRAIN AT THE LEVEL YOU CAN TRAIN AT. Anyone who tells you different is TROLLING and/or BULLYING you and you ignore them. If you can't manage to ignore them then that's your first order of business: TOUGHEN THE FUCK UP UNTIL YOU CAN IGNORE THEM. Then keep getting your skinny ass to the goddamned gym 3 days a week RELIGIOUSLY, and fucking EAT, since I don't even have to see you to know you're SKINNY and DON'T FUCKING EAT ENOUGH.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY. Several times, if necessary. READ AND UNDERSTAND IT. IMPLEMENT IT.

Now get out of here and don't post any more 'whine' threads. We'll see you in 6 months and expect current body pics.

/thread
>>
>>37813151
What how cant you lift a bar or 10 lb dbs lol
My dl started at 185 w good form for 5 and went to 285 for 5 after 2 months
Dyels these days
>>
>>37813138
A lot of people start from here. I was so embarrassed going to a gym full of jacked dudes and squatting with just the bar for a while, but that's what I had to do. I'm getting bigger and some of the guys at the gym have actually talked to me and can tell I'm progressing. It's awesome when you're making it, just keep going bro. It's a lot more embarrassing to be the guy who doesn't work out because it's hard and he's bad at it.
>>
>>37813138
>tfw finally hit 1 plate ohp for 3x5
feels good being on the other side of the table since I started as a skeleton too
>>
>>37813189
I did read the sticky actually. It told me about Starting Strength, and Starting Strength talks about barbells as if they are feathers.
I should do a different program then, I guess. Probably what >>37813157 said, with dumbbells or >>37813155

>>37813177
5'10, 110 lbs

>>37813232
I don't actually give a fuck about what others think, bullying made me kinda immune. I'm going my own way now
>>
I have a question I'm just starting out and i live in a rural area and with work I can't go to the gym very often I got the T25 work out videos and am trying to diet I don't wanna be big just lose some weight and gain a little definition and be in shape is that and running everyday enough to do anything
>>
>>37813199
I dont know. Im dumbell pressing 10lb for 5x5 and i literally feel like dying by the end of it
>>
>>37813274
>5'10, 110 lbs
You need to FUCKING EAT, KID. There are girls who are shorter than you that weigh more than you do.

FUCKING EAT MORE
FUCKING EAT MORE
FUCKING EAT MORE
FUCKING EAT MORE
FUCKING EAT MORE

Eat steak, and chicken, and butter, and ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING and put on some goddamned poundage YOU ARE TOO SKINNY TO MAKE ANY GAINS, THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.
>>
>>37813317
quit typing in caps you autist
>>
>>37813331
Shove it up your ASS. xD

SERIOUSLY, I can't EMPHASIZE enough in places without using caps, and by the way why does it even MATTER to you whether I do or NOT? You got a NEUROSIS or something? Or is it just your OWN autism showing? SERIOUSLY, just chill OUT already.
>>
>>37813317
Is gomad a meme or an actual option?
also, don't have much money for meat
>>
>>37813383
>don't have much money for meat
There is this money source called a 'job', where you do 'work' and they give you cash every so often, you should try it!

Not my problem, dude. You want to not be a 5'10" beanpole, you have to eat. How you manage that is your problem.
>>
>>37813138
Have you never played any sports when you were growing up? Even just outside with friends/other kids.
>>
>>37813383
Soybeans are just about the cheapest food you can get. Eat those until you turn yellow.
>>
File: 1452069310722.jpg (80 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
1452069310722.jpg
80 KB, 575x554
>>37813199
>285 ded
>calls others dyel
>>
>>37813138
are you a girl

pls post feet
>>
>>37813383
half-GOMAD is feasible. You can slowly drop it with an increased appetite.
>>
>>37813274

>5'10, 110 lbs

thank you skeleton
>>
Are you a girl? How is this even possible. The first time I went to the gym as a 5'8/120 skelly I benched the bar for 15 reps easily.
>>
>>37813441
A little bit in my early childhood, but parents mostly kept me at home. Did not have any friends in school later

>>37813480
will try this

>>37813487
>>37813629
i'm a nohomo guy.
i don't know how the fuck it's possible. i lifted it out of the holder, it then more or less fell on my ribs, i could barely control it, i then tried to lift it up again, took me all of my power and i put it back into the holder again. i almost let it fall, only the knowledge that it would kill me gave me a short adrenaline boost to put it back again. was fucking dead after this.

>>37813504
half means half a gallon?
>>
>>37813138
Dumblels and bodyweight stuff,start eating food if you don't already
>>
>>37813293
10lb or 10kg?
>>
>>37813717
>half means half a gallon?

Yes. Also, GOMAD was designed specifically for skellys like you. You just need to gain fucking weight man. Lifting won't do a damn thing unless you can consistently gain weight.
>>
>>37813274
>>5'10, 110 lbs

My wife is 5'5, has a history of anorexia before she met me, and remains a competitive (sub 3:30) marathoner; she only weighs 5 pounds less than you do. All memeing aside, seek medical help, that is incredibly, INCREDIBLY underweight.
>>
>>37815240
Yeah, I wasn't eating much in my teens, didn't care much.
Do you really think I need a doctor? Won't eating just fix it?
>>
>>37815397

I mean try just eating more I guess. But I'll put it this way. When my wife was just my girlfriend, she had one brief flare up of the anorexia when there was an illness with one of her parents. Her weight got down below 100 lbs because she was controlling her eating, and I told her flat out that I didn't support her and that if she didn't put some weight back on I'd leave her. I considered it a matter of not enabling an illness to put my foot down and stop her, because I feared for her, and painful though it may be I would rather lose her and have it be a wake up call than enable her and have her hurt herself. That was only ten pounds less than you, and as a woman no less, and at 5 inches shorter. You are treading in dangerous waters anon.
>>
>>37813733
10LB REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37815397
i usto weigh as much as you and now i weigh 160 everything will be fine, just eat alot of pasta and eggs
>>
>>37815644
yeah, I'm trying to fix myself
>>
We have machines.

Use them.
>>
>>37815883
The machine only goes down to 15lb. some of us arent that strong!!!
>>
>>37815940
Are you like 10 years old?

Even my 10 yo sister can fuck around in machines with the lightest weights.
>>
The best way to add milk to your diet is to eat lunch/dinner and then drink a couple of glasses of milk afterwards, that's four glasses in a day which is roughly 400 additional calories. It's always easier to push liquid down your throat even when you fell full.
>>
>5'10, 110 lbs

I'm a med student and that shit ain't normal, go to a doctor and get checked, perhaps you have hyperthyroidism.
>>
>>37816009
Thats great! It also:

1. Tastes like shit
2. Is full of estrogen
3. Comes out of a fucking cows tits
>>
>>37816102
t. retarded veganfag
>>
>>37816101
whatever that is. well, if you say so i'll probably have myself checked
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.