[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating clean & Powerlifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: shutterstock214341322.jpg (48 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock214341322.jpg
48 KB, 600x408
How much does it matter ?

I've heard some well known powerlifters mock eating clean.

And it really makes no sense. Lets say you need 5,000 calories a day.

How can anyone justify 5,000 calories of pizza, pasta, hamburgers and shit fast food verses lean steak, rice, chicken breast, fruits and vegetables

A premium rated car will run on regular, but it will typically knock and not be efficient.

Isnt the same with lifting? If a powerlifter has a 1500 total with a shit diet he is doing it in spite of that, its not that it doesnt matter.
>>
It's very difficult to eat 5k calories of clean food.
>>
>>37813092
Its also difficult to total 1500, whats your point ?
>>
People are lazy. It's easier to do a few thrity second reps than hours buying food, cooking food, cleaning up dishes and so on
>>
File: be responsible.png (557 KB, 413x568) Image search: [Google]
be responsible.png
557 KB, 413x568
Eating "dirty" is bad for wellbeing if you are at a deficit or "lean" bulking with a small surplus.

If your argument is micronutrients etc.. the vast majority of people eating 5k cals of "dirty" food will not be deficient in anything unless they are literally eating sweets and cake.
Even fast food has plenty of micros.

For someone very large who maintains on 5k+ calories and needs a lot of protein, eating a clean diet is impractical.

Of course there are other examples like olympains who eat 10k cals daily of mostly carbs but that is because they train 6+ hours a day.
>>
>>37813059
You need a lot of carbs once you start dipping into big boy weight so you don't literally piss your muscle away
>>
It's not like anyone will eat only clean food or only shit food. 5,000 kcal is a lot and losing a lot of weight is bad for training.
>>
>>37813059
In your car analogy, the dirty food is the premium fuel though.
>>
>>37813618
How? You can get the same in clean food without all the sodium,sugar and unhealthy artifical stuff
>>
>>37813059
>>Isnt the same with lifting? If a powerlifter has a 1500 total with a shit diet he is doing it in spite of that, its not that it doesnt matter.
lolno. Diet has to be incredibly bad for someone to lift heavy despite it.
>>
>>37813059

Read the sticky.
>>
>>37813754
Fuck you i'm not asking how i should eat. I'm wanting to discuss the importance on different options
>>
>>37813769

I told you to read the fucking sticky.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.