[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else tried doing this? How's it going? Is it just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 7305111.jpg (20 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
7305111.jpg
20 KB, 250x320
Anyone else tried doing this? How's it going?
Is it just a marketing meme?
>>
>>37811617
It's a meme.
>>
>>37811617
I did it for a while before I could have regular gym access.

It's ok if you have nothing else, grew my arms a bit, but mostly due to noob gains. I didn't have any real appreciable strength gains despite progression on the exercises.

Pullups gave me really strong lats I have a high weighted pullup and row now. Pullups are really the only good bw exercises.

Leg exercises are worthless, some of them are dangerous and could cause injury if you aren't flexible. Abs and back are likewise pretty worthless.

Also the book is riddled with terrible terrible broscience, especially on dieting, don't listen to the author's shit about starting with girl exercises either that's a waste of time.
>>
>>37811674
Pullups and chinups are the only valid bodyweight exercises?
>>
>>37811674
Also did it for a few months before I get regular gym access.

This guy sums it up quite well.

Not sure if i agree the leg exercises are dangerous though. But the rest is true.
>>
>>37811712
>Not sure if i agree the leg exercises are dangerous though
The one legged squats just felt fucked up to me like it was putting way to much pressure on my knee joint. It's probably harmless, but not something I'd risk personally.
>>
>>37811617
It's a very noob friendly program and it focuses on getting you to your goal as injury free as possible, I don't agree with what the other guy said.Though the problem is it's really slow and you'll gain strength faster doing regular weight lifting shit, but that really shouldn't stop you because if you enjoy it it'll be better than any other program.Also like people said it's filled with bro science like you would expect from an inmate.I should add bodyweight general is at >>>/asp/ you'll find better information there.
>>
>>37811617

Mostly marketing meme. Some alright info, lots of broscience.

>the lost secrets of supreme survival strength

kek
>>
File: bullshitconditioning.png (207 KB, 808x760) Image search: [Google]
bullshitconditioning.png
207 KB, 808x760
>>37813641
>>
>>37811617
The guy in the photos is Jim Bathurst of Beastskills.com

He doesn't do CC, he's a lifter who does gymnastics for fun. Deadlifted and squatted 500, benched 300.
Also, all the photos of one handed handstand pushups are staged - the progression is just there to give it 10 steps, they're impossible to do the way the book describes them.

You're better off lifting and using the tutorials he has to learn bodyweight shit.
>>
In comparison to other available bodyweight routines it's far inferior. Progression is slow due to the retarded rep schemes. You're better off doing some routine along the lines of startbodyweight.com
>>
Book is cornball as hell but it's progression advice seems pretty solid.
>>
>>37811798
I do pistol squats after I sprint. They're perfectly fine, you just have to work up to them. Start by just putting more weight on foot, then shifting your whole body, then moving one leg off to the side. You can also grab stuff like if your doing an assisted squat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.