[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression general Idk why I can't shake it Do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x463
Depression general
Idk why I can't shake it
Do you guys have any suggestions to help along side of lifting
Not including drugs
>>
Get a dog
>>
when i get depressed i have to stop and turn on depressing music
>>
File: 1464640199034.jpg (36 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1464640199034.jpg
36 KB, 670x503
No solution. Just get /fit/ and hang out with normies you'll have some fun sometimes and it will distract you. Personally I try and keep as busy as possible.
>>
>>37810930
Usually I try to stay busy but all I can do is focus on negative and it's making me have a hard time concentrating on important things
>>
It's okay
>>
File: hungryCaterpillar2.png (378 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
hungryCaterpillar2.png
378 KB, 1000x1500
>>37810860
read psycho-cybernetics
>>
>>37810860
Turmeric
Walnuts
Ginger powder
Reishi mushroom powder
blueberries
avocados
Salmon

These foods are shown to increase brain function.

Get an eye mask and make sure you sleep in a DARK room. Turn off your lights and see where light is coming in and put garbage bags with painters tape where the cracks are.

Do cardio 3x a week along with lifting. Mostly HIIT.

Following these tips will not cure depression but it will serve as an EXCELLENT base line to cure your depression. Fix whatever is going on in your life. Take it day by day. Do what needs to be done and realize that you are in charge of your life. Don't go through the motion and be in reaction to everything. Be the Action and mover in your life. it is hard at first but no one ever said life was easy.
>>
>>37810901
can you spoil a dog?

would he get used to being held the entire time i am sitting in front of my desk and i would probably let him sleep in my bed.

then you are no longer depressed at some point and you stop doing that stuff. maybe even get a gf and hes no longer allowed in bed.

i already feel bad and i dont even have a doggo
>>
>>37811086
why HIIT in stead of LISS?
>>
Go outside, get some Vitamin D.
And I don't mean Vitamin Dick.
>>
>>37810860

if you don't want to go to pay to go to a psych you could try st. john's wort or lithium orotate. both pretty cheap and over the counter.

honestly, what do you have to lose?
>>
Are you running at all?

I run for an hour three to four times a week, and about twenty minutes the remaining days, and it has improved my mood tremendously since I started.
>>
>>37811107
Not that anon you are replying to, but 90% of all depression is because people are fat, and unhealthy.

I assume that he is trying to make you increase your test, while avoiding cortisol. Which is the main reason why people do HIIT.

and as a formerly depressed anon (who now still is somewhat depressed, but part of the 10% of socially depressed people). I can safely say that if you fix your body, you will fix the majority of your depression.

Remove cortisol and increase testosterone.
>>
>>37811086
Working out consistently helps me out a lot. Like you said it's still there but it helps tremendously
>>
>>37811175
I will have to try and run again along with lifting
I took two weeks off of the gym when my job and school went to shit now it's all worse
>>
File: 1463669280845.png (126 KB, 665x1145) Image search: [Google]
1463669280845.png
126 KB, 665x1145
>>37810860
>went on meds a couple weeks ago
>don't feel like a piece of shit that is beneath everyone anymore
>don't think about killing myself all the time

Feels good senpai. Why not at least look into. I feel like a lot of people tend to automatically dismiss the idea of getting treatment without any good reason.
>>
>>37810860

See a therapist. This is not something answers on 4chan are gonna fix.
If you can't get yourself to search for one, ask a friend or familiy member to help you. The first step is the hardest to take alone.
>>
File: 1465350403019.jpg (77 KB, 405x540) Image search: [Google]
1465350403019.jpg
77 KB, 405x540
I just work out more when depression starts setting in again. Fuck rest days.. I'll get them in eventually.

Why must young American girls go through a whore phase? ;_;
>>
This is the single most helpful piece of advice i got, i heard it several years ago when i was going through a pretty shit time in my life, ive found it helpful so i'll share it. Its stupid as fuck but it helped me develop some coping mechanisms for when i feel depressed.

The idea is basically you have a "toolbox", you fill it with shit that makes you happy and that you enjoy, these are your tools. when you feel like shit, instead or just moping around, use these tools, you do these things, whatever they are. if one dosnt work, try one of your others, keep doing shit untill you start feeling less bad. Your toolbox might only start off with one or two things in it but you add to it, build on it over time.

Thats it. Theres other shit like spending time with friends and going for walks/runs that can hellp.

Some shit in my toolbox is: forcing myself to catch up with friends, saying yes when im invited out instead of blowing it off, cleaning or organising shit, playing with the dogs or just giving them a cuddle (no homo), sitting outside in the sun for an hour, meditating, listening to non depressing music, going for a walk, building something, drawing something even if i have to force myself to. Those are just some ideas man, your toolbox will be unique to you, lets figre out some strategies man, what are you into bro?
>>
I used lifting as a distraction from depression. It worked for 2-3 years, but now depression got me again. There are times where I have no energy / will to go to the gym.
>>
>>37811210
Try to get at least twenty minutes a day. Never take more than two days in a row off of running or the depression will set in again. Every once in a while I'd take both Saturday and Sunday off, and by Sunday night, I'd be almost ready to cry again.

What's going on with school? Struggling with the workload?

>>37811246
I second this, but still suggest running, too.

>>37811280
I think this has something to do with the pleasure ring in the brain. I'd say to be careful with this, because it's how some people develop what they call a "food addiction" because it triggers a reaction in that part of the brain. But yours seems healthy and not food oriented, so what do I know?
>>
>>37811316
Distractions dont usually work forever, thats the problem. depression is a symptom of an underlying issue, tackle that, figure out what makes you depressed and fix that, either with professional help or on your own, whatever works for you man. It aint easy but dealing with your shit really allows you to live a better life.

so, let me ask you. Why are you depressed?
>>
>>37811369
of course man, like anything if done improperly it can lead to your shit getting fucked up, >>37811280 is more about breaking the depressive cycle with shit that feels good, body chemistry is a hell of a drug man, but your totally right, if the thing your using to fight your depression is doing you more harm than the depression itself then its time for you to reexamine your coping mechanisms.
>>
>>37811280
Idk what I'm into desu outside of drinking and making money
>>
>>37811376
Why would I be depressed. You guys will be the ones crying omg I lost muh stuff and muh family. Let it all go. Fear, doubt,disbelief.

Free your mind. Who cares about these people? They are good little pawns in a game. I use to care but now I see its better to stay positive and look out for number 1. Period.
>>
>>37811447
While that sounds straight up baller...

Theres more to you than that, i know there is. Hage you got shit that you want to do, but you dont for some reason? What are those things?
>>
I used to be on depression pills. I hated that i never felt like "I" was accomplishing things and that it was always thanks to the pills. So i just got off of them cold turkey,

I got out of a 4 year relationship like 6 months ago. I dont miss her at all or anything becasue she was sorta shitty, But I miss sleeping next to someone.

I tried tinder, been on 3 dates with a QT taiwanese girl, but i just feel nothing.

I think thats the worst thing about depression, is feeling nothing all the time. or when you do feel its just this sadness that actually hurts your chest. and you tear up and its all for no reason. the pain just wells up.

I started lifting though and its giving me confidence. and Im more talkative. But i think one day ill actually end my life, I feel like i live inside a robot and i dont even know why i do the things i do.

sorry for the rant, it feels nice sometimes to just talk.

Stay happy /fit/ i hope you all make it
>>
>>37811475
Negro look at the post i responded to, literally

> but now depression got me again. There are times where I have no energy / will to go to the gym.

I care because im compassionate, i see people hurting and i help where i can. But you keep looking out for yourself, i wish you the best of luck with it, im sure your narcissism masquerading as enlightenment makes the world a better place.
>>
>>37811489
I am not sure I always would buy a lot of shot when I felt down for my self and other people
Every time I have free time all I want to do is have a few people over drink
Go up stairs and fuck my wife

My only real hobby is cooking and reading as gay as that sounds but it doesn't feel social enough
>>
>>37811555
Why do you feel sad though? If you feel sad you feel it for a reason, whats the reason?
>>
>>37811555
Nice get
Don't become an hero bro
Become selfless and help others
>>
File: +.jpg (342 KB, 900x1338) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
342 KB, 900x1338
>>37811555
>been on 3 dates with a QT taiwanese girl
This is literally your life.
>>
>>37811581
Sounds like your self medicating with the booze, surprisingly normal thing to do but you might want to look at your relationship with the hooch.

sounds like you want to have a few buddies over so why dont you try and organise that this week?

Cooking and reading are fine hobbies, great things to put in your toolbox if you enjoy them. Who said all of your tools have to be social things?
>>
>>37811590
I think its mostly chemical, im not sure theres really a reason for it.
>>37811592
i do that alot, i try and make other people happy, i dont want them to feel like i do.
>>37811597
IM A WHITE MALEEEEEEE!!!!

in all honesty hapas are fine if they have two loving parents and they weren't born out of some weird mail order bride thing. these stupid happa stories come from families where the parents were both shit and didnt love their children. the same shit happens with same race parents.
>>
>>37811555
I feel the same way. I got broken up with not too long ago and it still hurts and I feel omg even though I have a bunch of friends and am really social. Sometimes when I'm driving home from work I just want to start crying.
>>
>>37811692
>these stupid happa stories come from families where the parents were both shit and didnt love their children
So...all WMAF relationships ever?
>>
>>37811721
I feel alone *
>>
>>37811623
I'm not sure what else to do
Vidya makes me depressed
I tried it again last night
(Off work today) stayed up till 3am made a shit ton of progress and then felt like shit that it wasn't any real life accomplishments

Also thanks for the reply even though I'm bitching it's nice to talk about this kind of stuff with out looking like a self loathing pussy to people I see in person
>>
>>37811692
If its chemical, theres a reason for it, it might not be easy but if you can figure out the why then you can stop it.

Sounds like your lonely and a bit lost desu but dont let me put words in your mouth here. You say you feel like you live in a robot, then find a way to break out of that motherfucker, what is it that makes you feel like that? You say you dont know the reason you do the things you do, maybe you need to figure that shit out then, break down your thought process, what triggers the series of events that lead to you doing things. Introspection and self examination.
>>
>Not taking Vitamin D3 and fish oil to combat depression.
>>
>>37811721
yeah, randomly i get so choked up and tears start forming, I dont know why it happens but it hurts so much. at least we aint alone in that respect.
>>
>>37811738
im sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>37811746
Then just Read, and cook, and catch up with friends, you enjoy these things so do them, if vidya makes you depressed then dont play vidya, the key is to do things that make you feel better or not worse.

Your barely bitching, your venting, and its healthy, i wouldnt have replied if i didnt care. dont keep that shit bottled up. You mostly sound like you need someone to just talk with, legit id recommend professional help, whatever form that takes, i personally wasnt one for clinical psychologists but i found the more relaxed envirnoment of a councelor to be helpful, some of those sessions were me just venting or ranting for like 45 mins.
>>
>>37810860
DL-Phenylalanine. Available over-the-counter at healthfood and supplement stores.
>>
>>37810860
>be me
>get payed 2k a month for going to university
>chad face, ripped body, people call me sunnyboy
>rich dad
>hot GF

Fuck can my life become any better?
>>
>>37811907
Of course it can, if you think its as good as it gets youve got some low standards.
>>
>>37811555
>I miss sleeping next to someone.
>>37811692
>i try and make other people happy, i dont want them to feel like i do.

holy fuck, are you me? you are me arent you? if so, then please be happy, please, thats all i ask, i know helping others makes you feel somewhat better, but please just be happy ;_;
>>
>>37811917
Just made this post to get the conversation in a different direction. You guys should start to enjoy the things you have. Often sad people are blind for the good things in life. I mean you could be born in africa or the middle east and have a shitlife. Most people on this board are born in the west and they dont have to fight for their life.
>>
>>37811947
;-; I miss pulling a girl in close and falling asleep. it was so nice.

The only silver lining is that i dont miss my actual ex, i miss having a relationship though, I just wanna meet a cute honest girl whos kind hearted, she doesn't even need to be all that attractive
>>
>>37811960
Why would you want to conversation to go in a different direction? People are venting, realising theyre not alone, that the feelings they have are the same feelings others have which somehow makes them suck less.

I get your good intentions but you sound like one of those people who is just like "well dont be depressed then".

Your advice is solid but look at these posts man, you think any of these people (no offence guys) is ready to switch their outlook at the moment.

If you were born in africa or the middle east the constant need to survive would keep you busy which would stave off the depression.
>>
>>37812003
Then go find her.
>>
>>37811571
Funny you call me negro with Jewish and Asian blood in my veins but please display your stupidity some more. I am unfoetunatel. You are the copy. Sorry anon that's just the way it is.

40 years and I'll enjoy laughing at you but be blessed in jesus name.
>>
>>37812003
i knew you were me!
get the fuck out of this place and start to be happy! remember that qt chick from last week? get there now! please
>>
>>37811907
Shhh. He`s in for a big surprise shortly not to worry CHAD lol
>>
>>37812035
I have several friends who are in the same situation like the people posting here, I know what you mean. You cant help someone with good words, all the people I know who made it out of depression or down-stage made it because they changed there life very radical. But all of them needed a start, sometimes a specific experience or some one who forced them to see a psychologist or talk to supervisor about there problems and feelings.
Sorry for my englisch I hope you get the point.
>>
>>37812085
The original. Not whatever gibberish autocorrect just put in.
>>
>>37812110
Fuck psychologists and their pseudo science. Oh we know everything yet they look like cancer patients going through chemo. They're a joke here to make money because YOU can't deal with your own problems. If they're so good why are there so many soldiers walking around with ptsd who defended the land you're probably sitting on right now. They don't give a fuck about anyone else except themselves and their hourly fee. Tell them you won't pay and see how much they help you. They wont!
>>
>>37811555
Please make it
>>
>>37812154
thanks senpai, im glad everyone in here is pretty supportive, i hope you all make it and grow old with the love of your life.
>>
>>37812085
Eh, you started this shit man...

I use negro when talking to everyone, dosnt matter about race if it did thatd be racist.

Original...by parroting copied lines from great minds, you sure sound like it man everything youve said has been said better by greater men. Broham, Nothing is original its all been done before, the fact that you think you are, only serves to demonstrate your arrogance and egocentric worldview.

Im glad i can make you laugh. But seriously, youll remember me in 40 years? I left such an impression on you...i wont remember you tomorrow.

im not big into jesus but i appreciate the sentiment, right back at ya mordecai chong.
>>
File: 6da.jpg (17 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
6da.jpg
17 KB, 500x335
I thought I had met the one, we talked lots and did shit together, but she said she wasn't interested when I asked her out. I forced myself to not talk to her or look at any of her social media etc (felt like running away but it was the only thing I could think of) for months but she started talking to me again after my 21st birthday and the feels just came flooding back, and now they aren't good ones because I know she isn't interested anyways. Should I just stick with the friend act for as long as possible and try to become a better version of myself and see if she'll change her mind? I'm so confused what to do.
>>
>>37812150
Your all over the shop man i get it you dont like shrinks but they can help.
>>
>>37812150
sounds like your grievances are with private healthcare, comrade
>>
>>37812248
You see the sun everyday. You see me you satanic fuck. If anything happens I'll be seeing you no worries
>>
>>37812258
She's not going to change. You need to be better for yourself, not for her.
>>
>>37812285
Let the dead bury their dead. I'm awake. I'm alive :)
>>
>>37812317
I just don't know how to deal with interacting with her. I tried to be "just a friend" for months and I couldn't get rid of the feelings, and now that's happening all over again.
>>
>>37810860
i think you should consider sucking a few dicks every day to throw off depression.

are there people who actually thinking sucking dick is gay?

1. you're sharing protein

2. you're admiring masculine physique

3. being in the vacinity of other high testosterone males increases your own testosterone

eating pussy is gay because you're litterally slurping down estrogen. and long term relationships have been proven to lower testosterone.

spartans had gay orgies all the time and they were the height of masculinity. you bet they were at least fondling eachothers test producers.

all these summer DYEL's piss me off. their twink bodies don't understand, but in time i'm sure they'll get it.
>>
>>37812258
Love is weird man.

If you think its legit then go with it, but dont compromise your journey, do both, better yourself and start talking with her, hang out, talk, see what happens.

If shes not into you or shit dosnt work out, dont get hung up on it. Enjoy the friendship for what it is and dont try to make it into something more.

Its been said plenty in this thread and ill say it again, figure out why you feel the way you feel, where those emotions come from. Sounds to me like a fear of rejection and some self confidence and self validation issues maybe a moderate unhealthy fixation on this chick but i dont know, you need to figure your shit out.
>>
>>37812258
Nah man, just let it go. Be the best version of yourself for you, not for anyone else.
>>
>>37812385
Definitely unhealthy, it was one of the first times in my life where I was almost positive that someone felt the same way for me that I did them and I was wrong. I'll try and just be casual.

>>37812393
I'll try my best, today was my first day of HIIT so I can finally hit my new goal weight and start working on becoming the best I can be from there. Hopefully a few weeks down the line I'll start to feel better about myself and not worry about her as much.
>>
>>37812359
If you knew how damned those men were you wouldn't suggest another man to do that in their own life.
>>
>>37812305
Literally what? Oh i get it...your the sun...because i dished out a sick burn on you thats so bad its able to give enough heat and warmth to nearby planets to sustain life for billions of years.

Satanic, nah thats not my scene either but go on take another guess.

If anything happens? Things are happening all the time man, theyre happening right now...hang on...can you see me now?

Yeah no worries man, have a good one.
>>
>>37812476
Sorry unenlightened one. I'd rather not destroy time again like I did last time with what I know. I really do hope they get you right in the eye though for me. I actually like them far more than I like any of you awful humans. You make me sick the way you pollute the planet and care for nothing more than the accumulation of stuff. Not to worry. Your time grows short with each passing day

Hope you can swim though. Be blessed but I won't let you steal my joy. Call me when you get to Mars though ok bro lol
>>
File: RdcgKns.jpg (157 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
RdcgKns.jpg
157 KB, 900x1125
Weed. Excerise. Good diet. Meditation. Find hobbies

Try this. If that doesn't work consider see a professional.
>>
>>37812476
How's it feel a low level like myself learned all this with my soul intact. If I wanted to I could make that little toy you have stop working permanently. All with my words. You will never destroy what I am friend. I assure you of that.
>>
>>37811555
>I think thats the worst thing about depression, is feeling nothing all the time. or when you do feel its just this sadness that actually hurts your chest. and you tear up and its all for no reason. the pain just wells up.

This is me. I've became so cold, lethargic and apathetic I cant even remember the last time I cried though. I just cry internally. Like my head physically hurts with thought and I just wanna put shotgun lead through it so badly.

>But i think one day ill actually end my life, I feel like i live inside a robot and i dont even know why i do the things i do

Also me. Thing is I'm starting to look foward to it it. It's dawned on me that death IS the light at the end of the tunnel. Life was the tunnel all along.
>>
>>37812570
I just dont understand why we feel this way. and why so many people are stuck like us? It doesnt make sense
>>
>>37812003
Bad thing I miss my ex. Like actually. I feel like they will never ever be replaced. :(
>>
>>37812535
Pfffttthahaha...

Alright bro whatever, you started shit, couldnt handle the bantz and now have gone full i dont even know what the fuck...fedora new age wannabegod retard. Your shit was funny but now its just sad, super fucking sad, its the saddest thing in this thread and there are dudes here who have casually mentioned killing themselves and deep crushing loneliness.

Im on mars now bro, whats your number?
>>
>>37812627
they will trust me, I met this girl, and i straight up fell in love with her personality, she wasnt single so that really sucked, but i enjoyed my friendship with her far more than i enjoyed my 4 year relationship. you dont believe something can be better until you experience it.

The girl that i really like left the country for good tho, kinda sucks but shes a really good friend. and she gives me hope that one day ill meet a girl i jive with on another level and ill feel happy for once.

Keep your head up, one day youll meet the best girl of your life.
>>
File: 1467653881806.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467653881806.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
I got hit by a spell of depression and anxiety lately and it's made me want to withdraw. I don't feel much of anything for my partner of 2 years and it's like I'm observing and criticizing my life from a third person perspective. Everything is absurd and meaningless.

I don't know if I should separate with them to spare them going through this bullshit with a partner who is so insecure and aloof, who is so checked-out. It fucking sucks and is incredibly emasculating and I feel like less than a human being for it.
>>
>>37812618

I think my underlying cause is undiagnosed aspergers or something. I've never been able to fit in with people all my life so I live a life of intense loneliness.

Don't get me wrong, I've had acquaintances and still do, but Ive never had real deep friendships like normies do. I can't interact with people properly, and when I try at normie events, I'm always aware how false it all is, and feel more alone and depressed.

I've just concluded after 21 years I wasn't made for this world, and further trying just means further pain.
>>
>>37812658
1. No you're not
2. Say God's name and I'll never come on this board or 4chan again in life.

You won't because you're too pussy. Like I said before if I have any disease that they said I didn't have God help those who tried to hide it. You have no idea what or who you're dealing with. New age is a satanic joke so don't lump me in with them. How about you about actually try to help people and not be a shit human being
>>
>>37812565
You talk a big game but i dont see you doing anything other than that.

Ive already compromised what you are, i dont need to do anything else, your destroying yourself by responding to me ya dingus, im taking your time, and motherfucker thats all youve got in this life. Plus your salty as fuck and thats cute to watch.
>>
>>37811239

American?
>>
>>37812710
Hahaha all I have is time especially when death is an illusion. Please do go on simpleton you really are making me laugh right now.

You lose because you are destined to lose. You and the rest of your kind disobeyed and were cast out. Our battle will go on for eternity. You should know this by now friend.
>>
>>37812710
I noticed you didn't say God's name either.

Told you you're a pussy.

You're the guy that when they put a gun in your family's face will bend over and suck cock to save your own life. You're a joke
>>
>>37812700
1. Prove im not
2. Ok. God. Now fuck off and never talk to me or my son again.

I do help people, i help people every day of my life and im going to keep doing that, i dont need you to tell me to do something i already do...im not really a shit human being either as far as human beings go im probbably mediocre.

I know exactly who im dealing with, some random nobody on the internet.
>>
>>37811571
>>37812085
>>37812248
>>37812305
>>37812476
>>37812535
>>37812565
>>37812658
>>37812700
>>37812710
>>37812754

What the hell is going on here? here we got a bunch of bros coping with shit, and then theres these two in there own mini thread?
>>
>>37812710
I am no one. Depression needs something to build itself on. It can't build on no one :)

Have a great day sport.
>>
>>37812785
Oh let me guess you think they're somebody because they have money right. Bill gates, Ted Turner, Donald Trump.

You're more of a nobody then I am. You won't even utter his name you're so scared of him. A joke!
>>
>>37812786
My bad this dude started shit while i was trying to help and i got carried away and now its turned into full blown madnesss shitposting.
>>
>>37812819
Why do I care about the humans so much...
>>
>>37812785
If you are God then say Gods name and I will leave 4chan and the Internet forever
>>
>>37812815
What are you even on about? Money dosnt make the man. Your strawmanning straight up nonsence at this point. Youve got some shitposting skills though i'll give you that.

I said his name, god, thats what i call him when we talk anyway.
>>
>>37812865
When did i say i was god?

Also...god...now fuck off.
>>
>>37812867
Guess I'm here to stay then. Everyone go out into nature Stop listening to this schmuck telling you to give your money to drug addict psychologists who have to drink to deal with the shit show that is their own lives.

Be happy in this day that the lord hath made
>>
File: 1444709344885.jpg (142 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1444709344885.jpg
142 KB, 960x720
2 weeks ago:
>have business
>have money
>have gf
Now:
>no business
>no money
>no gf
At least I'm fit lol.
>>
File: sorcerer.png (484 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer.png
484 KB, 600x600
>>37811555
I've had depression for most of my life. Apparently I started being that way during my year long hospital stay due to late stage cancer, Survived the disease, but with a lot of typical casualties:
>lost an organ
>"chemobrain"
>loss of hearing
>chronic exhaustion
>unsatisfying sleep
>depression
Very textbook chemotherapy aftermath and I had a lot of chemos.

Life went on more or less normally until my modus operandi prevented me to finish college properly. During college I developed some sort of subtle social anxiety. It wasn't real social anxiety as, ironically, I overcame my shyness in university and started talking to girls or people in general; probably due to a "now i really don't give a fuck anymore, might as well talk to people". However I developed some sort of fear against failure. Not passing exams wore me down a bit as I had academic ambitions.

So I visited a psychologist. I visited a lot of psychologists before with sobering results. And this time, too, was not *that* helpful; however this time I was more pro-active. I actively tried to get to the ground of things. Made suggestions myself and tried, with him, to find a solution to my circular behaviours that prevent me from achieving anything.

One day it somehow "clicked".

I still have depression; I still feel alien among peers, but I felt to be in control of my mind and life.

Life feels not too bad once you are in control of it. Even depressed you live beyond sadness and happiness (or that particular emptiness that is depression). I've found my mission and I'll live for it.

people say a girlfriend won't fix your problems, but I had one once, and it was the happy time of my life. Lasted under 3 years, but it was there. So there might be a chance to fall in happy love again. And even if not: once one has a mission one can be content. It's a deep, subtle kind of happiness. Probably more valuable as superficial happiness because it lasts even through bad days. It doesn't go away at all.
>>
File: mtv.png (358 KB, 636x469) Image search: [Google]
mtv.png
358 KB, 636x469
1. Stay away from pills unless you're about to an hero
2. Find a healthy routine and stick to it > No comp>Outside> "yes" man ( corny I know, but it works and opens opportunities
3. As much as people on this board shit on it, having a therapist to talk to is helpful because rather than someone you're going to get wisdom from, theyre more of an objective third party who you can freely talk to and bounce ideas and thoughts off of> the free associating and not worrying about what the therapist thinks will let you better understand the mechanisms, patterns, and behaviors that got you to where you are.
4. We're gonna make it brehs
5. In the infinite dark, man lights a fire himself
>>
>>37812913
I never said anything of the sort, psychologists can help people, just cos you dont like them it dosnt mean theyre bad.

Alright then threads yours, you win. Cos im done here. People to see, places to be.

to everyone else, if theres still anyone here im legit sorry for shitting up the thread with this nonsense. I hope you can all figure out some strategies or setup networks to make your days suck less. I was there and i can say it gets better.
>>
>>37812965
Maybe to turn that post into something more valuable than self absorbed rambling:

deep happiness is depended on a certain degree of systemics, or so I feel. If you chase mere happiness you must despair. If you want to pretend to be a psychopath who uses everything as objects to advance your Übermensch ideas: you must despair.

What one needs is long, long, year-long contemplation and the realization that there is something that is higher than you. One has to live for this higher ideal. I don't talk about the divine specifically, I'm an atheist. But maybe God is part of your solution.
>>
>>37810860
Sunbath. Get your vitamin D up.

Wear a low SPF tanning oil, but restrict your exposure to no more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
>>
>>37813023
>salty bitch
>adds nothing but babble and pseudo philosophical bullshit.

Whats the higer ideal you live for?
>>
>>37812965
so.. what's your mission?
>>
File: post-16-1102454964.jpg (7 KB, 200x209) Image search: [Google]
post-16-1102454964.jpg
7 KB, 200x209
>>37813060
National Socialism.
>>
File: national radical camp.png (708 KB, 742x433) Image search: [Google]
national radical camp.png
708 KB, 742x433
>>37813060
Besides: what seems to be pseudo philosophy to those who are well adjusted to modern society, might be the think that helps others to keep going. If it doesn't work for you, discard it, but don't think you are everyone.
>>
>>37813223
I can dig that. What brand?
>>
>>37813254
Im horribly adjusted to modern society though.

If it helps others then fine i guess, i never said i was everyone and i dont think i ever would, im not that egocentric. Ive got to question it though.
>>
File: the alternative right.jpg (56 KB, 627x469) Image search: [Google]
the alternative right.jpg
56 KB, 627x469
>>37813260
I like Mosley especially, but the differences matter little to me. Of course I have my own blend of ideas, but the details sometimes just distract from the essential principles.

If you can stand the rambling:
For me population reduction, the dangers of technology and modern entertainment as well as environmentalism also play a role, so one could recommend Pentti Linkola and that short read that is Kaczynskis manifesto. It sure makes me sound edgy, I guess. Archeofuturism, the idea by Guillaume Faye seems to be a close amalgam to what i ahve in mind: no complete abandonment of technology, but instead a limited access to its understanding, research and distribution; while the majority of people live in a neoprimitivist national socialist society that might be of any (nonpluralistic) flavour. Family would be the highest good, as well as the development of character, mind and body.
>>
>>37813390
Eh, not my cup of tea, subscribing to any one ideology tends to limit the worldview, theres nothing there i havent already got elswhere and better. Thanks for taking the effort though.

I read Kaczynskis manifesto and i think ive got a copy of it floating around, bits of it were interesting but the dude was just unstable, i cant take his writing seriously considering the random and cowardly nature of his attacks.
>>
>>37810860
pic related, get a pet?
if you mistreat it ill come through your monitor and kill you tho.
>>
File: Tatsumaki_Bored.png (76 KB, 360x409) Image search: [Google]
Tatsumaki_Bored.png
76 KB, 360x409
>some trouble at work
>lift and try not to think about it
>if i lose my job i love my apartment, my car, gym and my way of life
>try to do better
>Day off all i think about is my boss chewing out my ass
>go to gym, lift, run a mile more than i normally do.
>still worried I'll lose my job.
>>
>>37811089
If your girlfriend won't let your dog sleep in your bed with you, straight up dump her
She's not worth it
Nobody is worth that
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 800x600
More of a mental health question. I hate attractive women.

Like in theory i have nothing against them, i acknowledge they're attractive and they tend to be nice-ish. But my immediate response is to ignore them like they're a monster i shouldn't make eye-contact with or start thinking up reasons that they must be bad people.

My chances of having tfw gf are low enough without unneccessary misogny, how do i fix myself?
>>
>>37811063
The world is sublimely ugly not sublimely beautiful
>>
>>37811063
Gotta link broski
>>
>>37811260

>tfw my azn ex wen't into whore phase after breakup.

Everything is corrupted anon, i just want zyzz back.
>>
>>37815952
There is nothing to fix.
Just get that perfect 7/10 gf.
>>
>>37810860
>Do you guys have any suggestions to help along side of liftingNot including drugs

Get your vitamin D level to between 60-80ng/ml.

Magnesium (not magnesium oxide). Take 600mg+ every day (not all at once you'll regret it).
>>
>>37816272
The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.