[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much weight should I be putting on if I'm on a moderate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1419370037526.jpg (33 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1419370037526.jpg
33 KB, 480x454
How much weight should I be putting on if I'm on a moderate cut but doing Starting Strength?

5lbs a session doesn't seem to work past a certain level, should I go with increasing it every 2-3 sessions instead?
>>
Keep lifts static during your cut. Just try to maintain.

Every few sessions, you should be able to add 5lbs.
>>
>>37810819
>Keep lifts static during your cut. Just try to maintain.

But I'm a beginner and don't beginners mostly train their CNS for their first year or so? I've been able to add 5lbs to most of my lifts every session and 10lbs a session to my deadlifts while cutting as I am but it's starting to a stall bit so I'm going to reduce to every 2-3 sessions and deadlifts to only 5lbs per session increase
>>
>>37810819
>Keep lifts static during your cut. Just try to maintain.

this

although if you're a beginner you can certainly add 5lbs a session to your squat and deadlift

probably need to microload on bench and press
>>
>>37810890
m80 just go by feel, if your form breaks down deload and start building up slower
I'm on a 16 month cut and I'm doing SL for the last 4 months.
There is not much info about noob gains in strength and hypertrophy on a cut, but they both happen. It works out for me, although the progress is not as I imagine it would be on a surplus.
Meanwhile, work on your mobility (streching/rolling) and form with lower weights (film yourself). Once your cut is done you'll be more ready to push it.
>>
>>37810835
>But I'm a beginner and don't beginners mostly train their CNS for their first year or so?
no, that's what clueless people think. beginners can and will grow faster than anyone else, except roiders, but this requires a fairly big surplus. obviously if you're on a cut your won't put on much muscle mass.

the answer to your question is to add weight as often as you can without form turning to shit. the most important thing by far at your stage is to learn the lifts properly, but this is best done by using weights that are moderately challenging. you can't really perfect your form with light weights.
>>
>>37811021
>no, that's what clueless people think

How is it wrong tho? You might not put on much muscle mass but you will definitely gain a lot of strength since your body is adapting to the movements and utilizing muscle fibers more efficiently to push/press/pull weight.
>>
>>37811021
If you cut from being a hamplanetoid you can gain muscle mass easily, if you lived a sedentary life. At least I could, I gained around 8-10kg of muscle in 1.5 years, while reducing my total weight by 55kg.
>>
>>37811031
it's not wrong that you make "CNS gains", but it's wrong that beginners primarily make "CNS gains" without much size. you'll grow both bigger and strongly quite quickly if your diet and routine are in check
>>
Not OP, but as another person doing SS would you recommend I cut, bulk, or maintenance? I'm 6'1, 202lbs, probably 18-20% bf. I don't wanna cut and kill my noob gains but I also don't want to bulk and end up fatter. Part of me feels like maintenance is the way to go.
>>
>>37811222
I'm at exactly those stats, up from 173lbs in february. My plan is very slow bulk til christmas, maybe get 1234 for reps at 210bw. I might cut for next summer. Even at 210 we won't be fat.
>>
>TFW 5'11 210lbs and I don't know if i should be cutting or not on SS

My stats are pretty weak desu
>>
>>37811222
If you're already at a BF% that's acceptable to you, do a clean bulk for a little and monitor how much fat you're gaining after a couple weeks. If it's still acceptable, keep going, otherwise cut the calories back a little.

Just because you're bulking doesn't mean you have to gain a ton of fat, if you regulate your calories properly, you won't gain much. Make sure you're getting the right amount of protein.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.