[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I not resting enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: bogs.jpg (76 KB, 524x474) Image search: [Google]
bogs.jpg
76 KB, 524x474
> Started doing Gooby's intermediate workout

> Eat very clean diet

> Get a shit load of strength / gains

> Endurance / Cardio is a lot better

> 45 days later, go to do my pull workout

> Drop like 5 reps in almost everything

I called one of my old lifting buddies from college and he says I'm exhausting my muscles by doing PPL because I'm only giving my upper body two days of rest with no rest between my push and pull. Does that sound accurate?

I'm thinking about doing my PPL but giving myself a day in between each workout - Push rest Pull Rest Legs rest.

I'm not sure what to do here. Does this sound reasonable?
>>
Does Scooby really not advocate squats?
>>
File: squat accessory.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
squat accessory.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
>>37809954
Only with the proper safety equipment
>>
>>37809954
He does advocated them and he has them in his workout routines on his website

The skateboard squat was just an exercise he advocated for newbies and he even made fun of the exercise himself after it became a meme
>>
>>37809970
>>37809954

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D7Hv4L1F60

Come on guys, answer my fucking question.
>>
>>37809931
How much do you sleep? Try to sleep 10 hours every night and see if it helps. If not, you eat too little. Ppl wont have that effect you described unless you do something wrong. Try sleeping more one week and eating more the next and see if it helps.
>>
>>37810078

> How much do you sleep? Try to sleep 10 hours every night and see if it helps

I get plenty of sleep.

> If not, you eat too little.

I don't know if that's the case. I'm getting around 19,000 calories a day and my body weight in grams of protein. Even if my diet was shit for like four days straight, you shouldn't expect a drop in like 5 reps for every exercise in a span of four days.

I was kind of afraid I would get cookie cutter nooblet answers like this. I've worked out off and on my whole life (was infantry in the US Army so fitness was literally my job). This is the first exercise regimen I've ever been a part of that doesn't give you days of rest in between.

> pl wont have that effect you described unless you do something wrong

That's what I'm skeptical of. I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong if I drop so many reps so quickly after seeing straight progress for 45 days.
>>
>>37810325

19, 000 = 1,900 (sorry, typo)
>>
>>37810325
why are you asking for advice then when your obv an expert
>>
>>37810325
PPLxPPLxPPLxPPLx continue till death
>>
File: 1467207359668.jpg (713 KB, 876x1624) Image search: [Google]
1467207359668.jpg
713 KB, 876x1624
>>37810376

Go fuck yourself. Knowing that you don't suddenly drop 4 - 5 reps per exercise in one day because "YOU SUDDENLY AREN'T EATING ENOUGH / GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP" whenever literally none of my habits have changed doesn't make me think I'm an expert. It just means you're giving bullshit answers.
>>
>>37810325
Days where you don't perform well happen
Also 1900 calories enough to keep adding weight after more than a month is enough for like a 5'2 grill desu senpai I eat more than that cutting over 2 lbs a week
>>
>>37810413
welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>37810413
You're obviously looking for some kind of awnser that's already made up in your mind, and wont accept any other advise.

"Stuff is going wrong, but im not the reason, right?? plzz hlp"
That's you
>>
>>37810493
this!
>>
>>37810493
>>37810501

Samefag.

>You're obviously looking for some kind of awnser that's already made up in your mind, and wont accept any other advise.

>"Stuff is going wrong, but im not the reason, right?? plzz hlp"

I've already addressed how this isn't true, but you aren't listening to me. I guess the standard for shitposting on this board has gotten worse and still doesn't surprise me.

Just for the record, "Are you getting enough sleep" and "area you eating enough" are the same answers you guys say to everybody about everything. I grant you that it's often the case for complete newb dyels, but there's absolutely no reason you're going to DROP 5 reps on every exercise in one day after consistent gains if your diet and sleeping patterns were consistent. You might plateau or stay the same, but you won't suddenly fail to reach your reps that badly.

> Days where you don't perform well happen

I think this might be it. If it isn't rest. We'll just give it a shot today and see what happens.
>>
>>37810623
Pretty obviously just stating the point >>37810493
is making yo, hope you grow up some day, and stop acting like a spoiled child. GL
>>
>>37810623
yh u got it now fuck off
>>
>>37810337
That is literally nothing,
>>
>>37810413
Do a medium week. Then a light week then a heavy week then take a couple days off. Doing this my lifts always go up on heavy week.
>>
>>37810325
1900 calories seems really little man. How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
>>
Kf you just started doing PPL give it a few weeks to grt used to it.

I lifted for maintance few months on PPL once a week, and now Started bulking and first weak of PPLxPPL(not first time did ppl throughout the year)has been brutal yi had to take more rest days during week.
>>
>>37810695
>>37810501
>>37810493

I mean OP had a pretty good point. You give beta-quality advice and OP called it out as bullshit. Sounds reasonable to me.

Like anon said, there's no reason you'll drop so many reps for any of those reasons.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.