[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a man to fight a bear and win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Mike-P.png (558 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Mike-P.png
558 KB, 800x500
Is it possible for a man to fight a bear and win?
>>
>>37809376
Highly unlikely.
>>
Maybe if the guy fights with his teeth too
I don't know if it is even knockable by punching it in the face
>>
Nikolai Valuev and Alexandr Emelianenko both (claim to) have done it.
>>
>>37809482
Also, Khabib Nurmagomedov used to wrestle bears as a child just for fun.

Russians are some crazy motherfuckers.
>>
>>37809376
depends on the bear

small bears like north american black bears or the brown bears across europe and the mid-east, yes.

I doubt a man has ever fought a grizzly bare-handed and won
>>
>>37809376
the K-bar story ?
>>
My petrography professor had a lot of run-ins with bears in the field

Apparently you need to carry rifles when dealing with the larger species (grizzlies & polar bears) because one of his expedition buddies shot a grizzly between the eyes with a 9mil and the bullet bounced right off its skull. Guy still has the bullet.
>>
>>37809376
>>37809378
if you are lucky enough to get the jump on him and jam your entire arm into its throat up to your shoulder and he doesnt hit you with a fatal slap until it loses consciousness, yes.

else you need at least a shield and spear.
>>
>>37809376
Didn't Mike Patton fight a bear and win in 2002 whilst naked?
>>
>>37809506
H-he actually did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZvCgSmV9JA
>>
>>37809871
...the absolute madman
>>
>>37809840
wouldn't it just bite your arm off? lel
>>
I remember hearing about a bear wrestling contest once. Dude after dude went up against this bear and every single one got roflpowned. Then this girl went in there, and played nice with the bear, talking softly to it, petting it, and so on. She got the bear to lay down on its own, and won the contest.
>>
>>37809376
Of course, plenty of people have done it.

James Hickok killed a bear with a knife, I remember reading about a guy who stuck his arm into a bear's mouth and bit its jugular too.

I mean, in all likelihood you'll probably die, but some people can pull through, and some people could probably do it consistently.
>>
File: 1296404430124.png (20 KB, 1024x958) Image search: [Google]
1296404430124.png
20 KB, 1024x958
>>37811424
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.