[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>THAT FEEL WHEN FIBROMYALGIA I'm not going to make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: fibromyalgia.png (264 KB, 553x480) Image search: [Google]
fibromyalgia.png
264 KB, 553x480
>THAT FEEL WHEN FIBROMYALGIA

I'm not going to make it without roids, am I /fit/?
>>
>>37808611

>without roids

You're not gonna make it either way, senpai.

Also, does fibromyalgia still have a huge comorbidity with mental illness? I remember my doctor friends laughing about fibro patients and their depressions.
>>
Try roids before anti-depressants.

That or smoke opium and become a poet.
>>
>>37808623
>You're not gonna make it either way, senpai.
Why not? Shouldn't roiding in theory help alleviate the problem?

>I remember my doctor friends laughing about fibro patients and their depressions.
Yeah ha-ha really funny to laugh at your patients
>>
That's a pretty weird diagnose. Lyme's disease is a lot like it, but in most cases docs don't want to get people tested for it because it's expensive af.

>source: my ex gf had "fibromyalgia" for four years and had herself tested for lyme's. Test came back positive.

>>37808623
Also this is unfortunately true. Docs don't believe in it but it's a horrible disease. I understand why they don't believe in it but the symptoms are very much real.

>>37808630
>yeah ha-ha
Sorry bro, it's true. Docs are assholes when diseases cannot be proven in bloodtests.

I know how bad fibro is, how are you holding up? Also what are your symptoms?
>>
>>37808644
>I know how bad fibro is, how are you holding up? Also what are your symptoms?

Memory problems, constantly tired, feet/hands so painfully numb sometimes - especially feet when I slightly elevate it onto my opposite knee(for example) or sit on the toilet for too long, pretty much always feel slightly dizzy, eyes hurt
>>
>>37808665
Mane that fucking sucks. Do you start feeling like you've got a fever during and after showering? My ex girl had that. Just wondering if that's something more people get
>>
>>37808690
Not really, just pretty much constantly feels like I got the flu or some shit even though I'm not coughing or sneezing or anything and haven't been sick in years

fucking sucks dude idk what it is
>>
>>37808665

I had nearly ALL the fibro symptoms listed in the picture other than urinary.

Have had TMJ since I was 13 from possible poor orthadontic work, things just sort of got worse from there, almost like the constant jaw pain fucked with my CNS or something giving me fibro symptoms. Doctors honestly have no idea about autoimmune problems and Lyme disease, I'm gonna probably pay to get checked for Lyme (and that test to show you may have had it in the past) just incase.

Lifting and natural antidepressants like St. Johns Wort have got rid of all my Cental problems though desu, I've been waking up at 7am naturally. I get dizzy when I stand up but that's about it.
>>
>>37808701

And I take a fuck load of Vit D supplements now 5k ui a day.

Jaw pain and muscle twitching still fucking sucks though, doctor said the twitches were likely benign after doing an EMG & various MS/ALS tests' but that's not really good enough an explanation for why I've got them..
>>
>>37808701
>Lifting and natural antidepressants like St. Johns Wort have got rid of all my Cental problems though desu, I've been waking up at 7am naturally. I get dizzy when I stand up but that's about it.

Man I just feel like my memory/thinking has gotten absolutely fucked lately. I'm noticeably spelling much worse, making grammatical errors everywhere, missing words when writing and then not even noticing I just completely omitted words from a sentence, can't think for shit.

fucking hell man
>>
>>37808697
>>37808701
Exactly. Please get yourself tested for lyme's and related diseases. Fibro really isn't confirmed yet and often used as a "we don't know what it is so it can only be fibro". Once you know what it is you can get it treated. If it's lyme's and youve had it for a while you could have permanent damage (such as infertility). If youre on time you can get treated much easier (ex girl is stage 4, aka up to 8 years of treatment).

>>37808724
Honestly this is probably the worst of it all. Your body isnt functioning properly but your mind is probably the most valuable to a person.
>>
>>37808747
Should I just go to my doctor and explain it and ask if it might be lyme's? I've been but they ran some tests and basically told me that they're not sure and I should come back if it's persisting
>>
>>37808772
Yes and if he says "it's unnecessary" go find another doc who's willing to help. This is probably the hardest part, because the health care system punishes doctors when they ask for such an expensive test and it comes back negative. My ex girl went to a hospital in Maastricht (far southern Netherlands) where they had a doctor that was experienced at lyme's disease and how to deal with the health care system.

Make sure to get one of those tests that are the most accurate, they're more expensive but much more reliable (docs can't deny the diagnose either that way, cause they will if they don't believe in lyme's).

Where do you live? In Belgium there is a pretty good clinic solely for lyme's. They havent got personal care but they treat a lot of people. The chief basicly chose to treat as many people as posible over treating people with all of his personal attention.

Really dude, getting a conclusive diagnose will make a shit ton of weight drop off of your shoulders.
>>
>>37808724

I get really bad flu like 2 years ago and I cognitively declined definitely.

I miss words in sentences all the time, sometimes I'll write homophones by accident like 'know' enough of 'no', shit like that but otherwise I'm fine.

Its likely the stress is making you abit retarded, rather than you've actually just become retarded.
>>
can't all these symtpoms be attributed to muscle tension? Most people who claim to have fibro usually stress and have anxiety which can cause the muscle tension
>>
>>37809029

Yep, it gets to a point where it can't just be explained away with anxiety. Or you take propananol/valium and the spasms still say.

Many autoimmune disorders, Lyme and stuff cause anxiety just making the problem worse. You don't know what's wrong with you, or the doctors, making the anxiety and symptoms worse.

--

OP if you've not gotten a deep tissue massage yet, I'd get one.
>>
>>37808857
>Its likely the stress is making you abit retarded, rather than you've actually just become retarded.

No way man... I have DEFINITELY become retarded. My vocabulary is shit, I constantly spell words wrong, lose my train of thought, sometimes I can't write out what I'm thinking - like i have an idea but I can't find words to write it out with even sititng and thinking for 10 minutes so I give up and do something else.

fuck man i feel like I dropped 20 IQ

>>37808838
I'll try man. I'm in Canada. This stuff is really getting me worried, I just feel plain awful in every way.
>>
>>37809046
I had a high stress lifestyle and pretty much experienced all these symptoms. My jaw would lock up in the morning, couldn't fall asleep because of the tension which therefore attributed to the poor memory and functioning, my skin formed welts, and I would frequently have headaches along with the auras

Had an MRI and the doc kept throwing pills and tests with no results. Contemplated killing myself and was already willing to throw my life away anyway so I tried smoking marijuana.

After my first high I suddenly could feel all the muscle tension built up in my body and started crying because that was the first time since childhood I was truly relaxed in my life.

I get massages and warm baths with the epsom salt frequently and it has helped a lot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.