[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glucosamine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1024x1024
I'm not one to buy supplements, but does glucosamine actually help joints?

Glucose-amine
So it's a sugar and amine compound?
>>
>>37807607
bump
>>
>>37807607
It's a sugar with an amino-group on it instead of an alcohol-group.

And some say yes, some say no. I think it's about how you respond to it.
>>
>>37807607
its all shit bro. you get glucosamine and chondroitin from meat already, along with collagen and everything that makes up the ECM.
>>
>>37808461
What if you don't eat meat?
>>
>>37807607
go to examine.com and fuck off
>>
>>37808473
>What if you don't eat meat?

Your body will produce it anyway.
>>
>>37808461
This seems reasonable.
>>
>>37807607
For joint problems just take 10-15g or jelatine daily, you can use it to make jello with fruit juice, or just disolve in water and drink.
>>
>>37807607
i know a physiotherapist who had a part in shady horse races and he told me glucosamine works (at least temporarily) to reduce pain in the joint but only the kind with the sulphate or something.the other kinds dont do shit
>>
>>37808511
Enough for optimal joint health?
>>
>>37808603
>Enough for optimal joint health?

I wouldn't be sure, but as long as you have a good diet and proper hydration your joints will get as much water and nutrients as they need. I get that most of these products like jello and ECM supps are based on animal conective tissue, but I can assure you your body doesn't just take these molecules and paste them directly into your joints. If it makes you feel better then you should take them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.