[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any /fit/bit fags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: fitbit.jpg (17 KB, 292x320) Image search: [Google]
fitbit.jpg
17 KB, 292x320
Just got a fitbit charge hr, anybody know how accurate these are for calories burned? Also general fitbit thread
>>
>>37805993
nice old lady accessory, faggot
>>
>>37806061
thanks, it matches my laundry day granny panties
>>
>>37805993
They're crap, get a refund and JUST FUCKING LIFT.
>>
>>37805993
moderately accurate, have it far up your wrist for decent accuracy. I've gotten more use out of it competing with friends than actually using it for its main purpose, although it is much better tracking cardio than weights.
>>
>>37805993

I like the hr monitor, and its neat how you can log workouts with it (hold the button to start/stop)

syncs with app, pretty cool
>>
>>37806251
'twas a gift
>>
>>37806329
cool, I keep it pretty high up there, I just wanted to see if I could reasonably trust it for a calorie deficit

>>37806345
Yeah the hr monitor is pretty sweet, it's gotten me to stop being a vape bro
>>
File: 1467653881806.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467653881806.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
>>37805993

Using it to make sure I'm eating enough for bulking on active days with cycling, as well as reminding me to meet a good TDEE on days where I'm more lazy

Probably won't use it when cutting though
>>
>>37806386
I'm currently in a cut, so I try to take its stated calories out with a grain of whey protein. I've seen some people say it's super accurate and others say it's super inaccurate, so I figured I'd ask /fit/
>>
calories burned is based off your TDEE from the weight you enter

it adds calories based on your heartrate and activity, which is nice. even if not 100% accurate you can still gauge activity/cals pretty well, and compare workouts etc.
>>
>>37806456
stop counting 'calories burned through'. shit is a crock. you're just looking for an excuse to eat more, and with that attitude you will stay fucking fat.
>>
>>37806494
actually I've lost quite a bit and I make sure to have at least 1000 calorie deficit from what it's claiming, but wewlad anyway
>>
>>37806494
This is why I won't wear it when I get on a cut, or if I start to put on weight faster than I want to. Having never bulked before, for initial cutting my calorie limit was always just a bit above my BMR and I only included dedicated cardio sessions to my caloric expenditure regardless of the load of walking I would do across my campus for classes.

Funny thing is I'm actually doing more cardio now than I was before because I'm starting to enjoy cycling. It's pretty jarring moving up that drastically in calorie intake though to compensate for what will be longer and longer rides and more intense training sessions. Within the next week or so I'll know if the Fitbit is gauging my personal activity accurately
>>
>>37806478
Yeah, I knew that it was TDEE, wasn't really sure how it calculated it though, that explains the spikes on days when I smoke a bowl
>>
>>37805993
Inaccurate trash, only good thing about it is the app for counting calories. Youd be better off spending 40 bucks more getting a watch with gps and an actual dedicated HR monitor like a polar watch.
>>
>>37806590
Didn't they just show how inaccurate they are with cnn?
>>
>>37806606
Interestingly the fitbit is consistently inaccurate so you an just multiply by .75 and it's about right.
>>
>>37806640
why .75? arbitrary percentage?
>>
>>37806606

even if it wasnt 100% accurate, you can still gauge activity week to week

look at bodyfat scales. they arent accurate, but it's still a measuring point you can compare to past data.
>>
>>37805993

ive got a question for all these bracelet tracker things.

whats the best/cheapest one that will let me know which heart rate im in? meaning, if i set a target heart rate it will let me know if im out of it? i really want to give mattefone training a try

someone recommended a garmin 360 but that shit is like $400
>>
>>37806698
Or you can just hold four fingers to the side of your wrist near the thumb and time it yourself.
>>
>>37806714
maybe he's too fat for that
>>
>>37806700
new pebble will have heartrate. shits not ready for like 2 months though
>>
I've literally gone through 6 of these (got the first one as a gift, Best Buy insured it for a year and I kept on getting new ones as they broke) They're built like absolute shit. and don't wear it on the hand you jerk off with unless you want it auto logging Outdoor Biking as an exercise.
>>
got one, really like it so far.

also im glad it has a watch with seconds, and a timer so I can rest between sets at equal intervals

the workout logging is cool, and its nice to see your heartrate range when lifting or doing cardio.
>>
>>37806678
Best guess really. This study says they can be up to 36% off for distance. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1440244013004726
>>
>>37806714
I can't sense my own heart rate and I'm not fat. It's just difficult for me.
>>
strongly recommend against wrist based HRM. they are fucking trash. inaccurate as fuck and half of them require you to stand perfectly still for 30 seconds or some weird shit (i.e. are pretty much useless for getting constant measurement or measurement mid activity). if you care about getting accurate HRM then get a chest strap
>>
File: resting heart rate.jpg (23 KB, 325x260) Image search: [Google]
resting heart rate.jpg
23 KB, 325x260
>>37806848
How do the wrist ones even work?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-04-22-04-00.png (99 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-04-22-04-00.png
99 KB, 720x1280
>>37806882
Like this.
>>
>>37806960
you're daft. he was asking about the tech.

>>37806882
basically by bullshit. two leds on the back of the watch flash at a fixed interval illuminating and exposing blood vessels immediately beneath the skin. the sensor is able to "measure" the rate of flow of blood in this way. of course the "measurement" is a crock and should not be taken as anywhere near precise or accurate
>>
>>37806996
WEWLAD, calm the fuck down. I was showing that it does work, not how it works because he implied it doesn't even work when it does. By the way, the resting heart rate was exact compared to a medical grade heart rate monitor used in a hospital. I already said that it won't provide readings all the time but it gets past that by averaging readings over tine as shown in my graphs.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 227x152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 227x152
>>37806828
Do this with your hands.
>>
>>37807101
>not how it works because he implied it doesn't even work when it does.

learn to basic reading comprehension sperglord
>>
>>37807107
no hands, what do
>>
>>37807101
In other words you have to sit perfectly still for fixed periods of time for them to get a reading which when averaged out after several samples can resemble something close to an accurate reading. then again sitting perfectly still kind of makes it pretty fucking useless as a tool for measuring active heart rates (i.e. during actual exercise). DERP
>>
>>37805993
I have one, and i find it motivational.
Besides loggin weight and suchs is nice too.
>>
>>37807107
Holy fuck this works so easily
>>
I use my moms Garmin watch when doing cardio, it also has a heartbeat monitor which you strap around your chest.

How accurate would this be for measuring the amount of kcals burned?

It has gps to accuratly check my distance and speed, and you can also fill in your stats like height, weight and age.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.