[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing after workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Boxers-Workout.jpg (63 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
Boxers-Workout.jpg
63 KB, 1109x614
I just joined a new gym and they have a room devoted for boxing, with gloves and bags and everything. I've never boxed before, but read that its a really good workout. Has anyone incorporated boxing into their routine?

I'm not sure if I would consider it HIIT or what, but it seems like it would be a great way to incorporate a cardio element into an upper body workout, but I don't know where to begin.

Thoughts/comments/feedback?
>>
Yes
Just dont get knocked out
>>
Its rigorous enough to be a good endurance workout yet complex enough to not get boring if you train footwork, headmovement , etc. if you have a decent sparring partner even better
>>
Depends on what training regime you did at box.
I used to do around 1hr and a half of combined rope, bags, etc. I was left completely exhausted no way to lift a weight after that
>>
>>37805898
Will you have a trainer and regular sparring? If the answer is no its a waste of time.
>>
>>37805898
Martial arts is best cardio.

It is almost entirely aerobic, so dont call it HIIT
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 2048x1365
>>37805898
I train Muay Thai (kickboxing with elbows and knees) and it's awesome cardio. Although you need a trainer, somebody to teach you how to do things right and to hold pads for you and even spar with you. If you do it alone or try and learn from Youtube or some shit you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>37807902
Muay Thai is for chinks and faggots
>>
>>37807964
>quit liking what I don't like.
>>
>>37807902
this.

also boxing is all you need if done right. go ask the head trainer about it. Tell him exactly what you told us. then reap the 100 million dollar fights.
>>
>>37805898
so do people fight until one of them is knocked out? how often do they just give up instead? doesn't seem that fun imo.
>>
>>37808337
i wanna find something to get into like op except I am not merciless enough for beating someone into submission
>if I could
>>
>>37807902
fucking this

done several martial arts and none leave me as exhausted as muya thai if yoy have a good trainer
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.