[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/, I used to browse here a lot back when I was 17-18.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1439350385889.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1439350385889.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
Hello /fit/,

I used to browse here a lot back when I was 17-18. I was very fit and gained a lot of useful knowledge from this board. My heaviest lifts were 335lb deads, 275lb squats, and 175lb bench. After going to college, I slowly stopped lifting and starting partying a lot more. I am 21 now, and just broke up with my grill of 6 months, and realized how out of shape I have become. I wanna become fit again.

I am 6'l", about 195lbs, and would probably consider myself chubbyfat, with most of my fat concentrated in my stomach area. I still have retained some muscle mass from lifting before but it is mostly hidden under fat.

My question is how should I start my process? Should I start cutting or bulking? What is a good routine for limited gym access? My friend has a bench and barbells at his place, and he said I can work out with him. I imagine he will not be available everyday I need to workout, and on the off days I have a single dumbell with adjustable weights that go up 37.5lbs that I could use. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am motivated to make a change but I am a little rusty on how to achieve my goals.

pic semi-related
>>
>>37801225
sticky motherfucker
>>
>>37801239
I remember telling other anons that. I think my particular circumstance could use a more personalized opinion.
>>
bump

I tried starting lifting again before but my problem was I wasn't seeing gains because I could never decided to bulk or cut, I would change paths constantly. I want to avoid that for sure.
>>
Nice blogpost, loser.
>>
>>37801408
Wow this board got pretty shitty in 4 years.
>>
>>37801445
lmao it's always been shitty

Elaborate. How many days a week can you get in? Post self
>>
Maybe, depending on how much muscle you still have, you could just cut and achieve low-tier ottermode already.
>>
OP your story is exactly like mine. I stopped lifting for like a year after college started. About a year ago (end of my freshman year), I hopped back on the old routine which I used to do when I was a 17-18 year old beast. The routine was Layne Norton's PHAT. I don't know if it's just me being more mature or more strict on diet/lifting but I've been gaining exponentially more than I was when I was 17-18. Still not as good as I was before but I'm getting there.

What I would suggest is to get on an old routine you're familiar with and stay strict with it.

Why do you have limited gym access? Doesn't your college have a gym? Usually its free for students, is it not?
>>
File: FIT BEFORE.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
FIT BEFORE.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>37801484
My work schedule is pretty flexible so I can work out at my friends house with the heavy weights probably 3 days a week while doing bodyweight exercises and light workouts at my home on the off days.

>>37801533
pic related is my current body

>>37801601
I'm taking a semester off next semester so I am not sure if I can still use the gyms there. My school is also a 25 minute drive so I do not know if I would be willing to travel that far to work out.
>>
>>37801601
Also I used to do a slight variant of 5x5 with squats/deads/bench with some days doing isolation excercises on back/legs and others chest/tris/bis/shoulders.
>>
>>37801777
you could do a UxLxFBxx routine
>>
>>37801938
I will look into it.

>>37801777
You can see by this photo why I am conflicting between cutting and bulking.
>>
bamp
>>
Bulk if you want to get bigger. Cut if you don't. Why is this shit so hard?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.