[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: fitbit.png (34 KB, 439x374) Image search: [Google]
fitbit.png
34 KB, 439x374
Are they a meme?
>>
>>37796295
Are you a meme?
>>
>>37796307

I don't think so
>>
>>37796295
It's not a magic device but it does what it says.
>>
>>37796295
its a pedomiter with a clock

if u want real fitness tracking get a gps watch like the Garmin forerunner or just use your phone with run-keeper on it
>>
>>37796295
The only thing that interested me about them was the HR models
Then the articles came out saying the HR data was inconsistent and inaccurate by some absurd margin like 20bpm.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>37797080
How the fuck does a gps track how much energy you're burning lifting weights?
>>
>>37797309
>>37797080

These two anons are right. I got one as a gift and the active heartrate monitor is crap. Resting is breddy gud tho.

I used to have a Garmin GPS and although the fitbug is not as accurate for distance, it seems reliably 10% too short, which is accurate enough for me
>>
>>37799072
Pretty sure wearables are for runners, dipshit
>>
>>37796295
It's good for measuring how many miles you've masterbated, and then comparing with your friends
>>
>>37796295
I got one for a gift. I don't hate it at all, it's actually pretty cool. I really like the alarm system it has too. The heart rate monitor us wonkey, and the calories burned tracker is probably off a little bit.

I wouldn't buy one for the price they're going for. If they were 50 bucks or something, sure. But anything higher and it's just a waste for what you get.
>>
>>37796295
>Are they a meme?
More like a troll or a Trojan Horse. They take the data from them that you're constantly transmitting to them over the Internet, and can deduce all sorts of things about what you're doing, where you are, who you are, etc, and they sell that data to marketers so they can try to sell you shit. The government probably also gets that data so they can track you and your habits, decide if you're a threat of some sort.

They're also not very accurate and therefore a waste of money. Get a real heartrate monitor (like Polar makes) if you want to track your heartrate, or just skip all the above and JUST FUCKING LIFT. Nobody needed this shit until a few years ago, you don't need it now.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.