[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 6ip5EEE5T.jpg (941 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
6ip5EEE5T.jpg
941 KB, 2560x1536
How much cardio do guys do?

I tend to do like 5-15 mins of HIIT on the stairclimber after lifting. Bretty good I guess
>>
Stationary bike for 15-20 minutes every time I hit the gym, which is six times a week
>>
>power walking for at least half an hour in the morning and afternoon (it's great for calves, especially when you work your calves right after finishing your walk)
>walk or ride to wherever when it's possible
>hike and ride at least twice a day
>Muay Thai three nights a week
>go swimming whenever I'm staying within an hour's walking distance of a beach or pool
>>
>>37795604
*hike and ride twice at least week

You need to keep your heart in top shape too, and you get good vascularity from frequent, quality cardio too. Your gains won't evaporate. Just eat a bit more if you're worried.
>>
>>37795616
I know. I want heart gains

Is 15 mins hiit on stairclinber decent?

My cardio is weak as fuck
>>
>>37795623
That would be ruthless as fuck for someone whos cardio sucks.
Just do treadmill hiit.
>>
>>37795623
Nah that's pretty pathetic quite honestly. Go for an intense walk or a bike ride daily on top of stair climbing. Aim for an hour of quality cardio a day. Don't sit around for more than two hours at a time if it can be helped, and walk or ride to your destination if it's possible.

Stretching is also vital to your circulation and cardiovascular health, reduces DOMS and increases the longevity of tendons and joints.
>>
>>37795632
I know, I usually die afterwards

I don't do real "hiit" though. I just do 40 secs of level 10 then 20 secs of lvl 20.

Hate running desu, just not built for it I guess, it physically hurts me. Ill just stick with the stairmemay, I guess ill adapt eventually
>>
Havent done any running the last few weeks because of an injury. I can notice my erections are getting weaker. I cant wait to start running and have diamond erections again.
>>
I ldo moderate cardio 20 minutes every day and some days I do HIIT mostly as legs training. Btw a really efficient HIIT should not be more than 9 minutes.
>>
>>37795642
>Hour of quality cardIo

Yeah nah. I suffer from literally 10-15 mins of it and not that high intensity
>>
>>37795667
Quality =/= going to exhaustion. Exercise at a good pace for an hour or so will benefit you massively. There's something wrong with you if you can't handle a good power walk.

Another good technique is varying your intensity. Doing a power walk, to sprint, to jog, to power walk and repeating can be as fun and challenging as you like.
>>
>>37795685

Mom I told you to stop posting on 4chan.
>>
>>37795685
I don't have time for that nor desire

Hiit seems to feel pretty good to me so far even tho I'm still shit at it so ill stick with it after lifting sessions and see how it fares
>>
20-30 miles of running a week
>>
Go for 5 kilometer walks every day, I've been incorporating some light jogging now. For breakfast I have half a cup of oats, with a teaspoon of honey drizzled into it with either a banana or half half a tin of shredded pineapple.
For lunch I don't have anything specific, normally go get a calamari wrap with no cheese or sauce, dinner I'll have some barbecued chicken and 2 cups of steamed veges. Drink water with each meal and I'm also taking magnesium otherwise I get terrible cramps

Been doing this for a month, lost about 6 kgs
>>
>>37795887
what are your stats?
>>
>>37795887
you don't need the honey. also i hope u be making them oats with water.
>>
>>37795902
>teaspoon of honey
kek take it easy autist, that's like 30 kcals
>>
>>37795588

I play squash twice a week.
>>
>>37795941
id squash your balls
>>
A 40 min to an hour relaxed walk everyday, no exceptions.

20 min of eclipse after every lifting work-out, which is 3/times a week.

Light jogging for around 20-30 min on rest days. 5k at least once a week.

Starting up with some basic HIIT but since I just started all this fitness bullshit I'm very much out of shape and can't do HIIT for long. Working up to it though.

Enough? Where do I take it from now?
>>
>>37795896
6'4 134kgs, I used to jog full 5ks every weekend I was 130, I've been in a vicious cycle of weght gain then loss for many years, I know it's bad for my joints to run at this weight though.
>>
>Tuesday
30 minutes running
5-10 hill sprints

>Friday
6 miles

>Saturday
6 to 12 miles

Sometimes I'll subout Saturday for a bike ride if I'm not in the mood for a long run.
>>
>>37795965
yh keep up the diet and walking the weight should continue to fly at that weight i started at 115 been >80 for a year now
>>
>>37795588
Preparing for a 100k run race. I have become the gains goblin.
>>
>>37795588
20-30 mins HIIT jump rope (not including breaks, breaks included 30-45mins)
Saturday night I went out for a 30min jogging, my calves are sore now, don't know how my calves don't get sore from rope anymore and they get sore from jogging.
>>
>>37795623
Work your way up just go a little more at a time. Running would help most but that was just me.
>>
>>37795995
Good luck on that. I plan on doing one next year. I can do one now since I have finished a marathon, but I'm trying to get my bro to complete one, so I'm going to be running with him.
>>
>>37795588
7-8 miles 4-6 times per week plus the lifting and sometimes swimming.
>>
>>37795999
GOTTA CONFUSE THE MUSCLE RIGHT BABE?
nice get
>>
>>37796062
oh shit I got a nice get indeed! yesterday I was off by one to get quads.
>>
>>37796036
Nice, I did not feel ready to go straight for a 100k after my marathon; but I will see with a bigger base.
>>
40 mins stationary bike after lifting (3x/week) high intensity.

Cycle commute 5x/week, low intensity, low effort cruising, 2.5 miles each way. (don't want to be sweaty)
>>
>>37795588
Doing couch to 5k on a treadmill at gym after lifting, skipped to week 3 now on week 4 it's ok
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.