[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I doing wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRP FTxZP_38
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
What am I doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRPFTxZP_38
>>
>>37794879
You are squatting the weight up.

Your hips are wayyyy too low. They should be above parallel. Notice how your hips rise before you begin the pull? Stop that
>>
File: Deadlift.jpg (26 KB, 482x709) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift.jpg
26 KB, 482x709
Your legs are too close to the bar and your hips are too low, causing you to do more of a weird squat than a deadlift
>>
You're listening to the track from Elwynn Forest when you should be listening to Cataclysm-era Orgrimmar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSjf5ChDDqQ

How are you supposed to get pumped without horns and war drums?
>>
Not OP but have a DL question. Once the bar clears your knees you thrust your hips like you're trying to fuck tge bar right? That's the impression I got from alan tgrall's video
>>
File: 38295892352385.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
38295892352385.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>37794879
>elwynnforest.mp3
>>
>>37794897
>>37794902

I thought you were meant to go low as possible?

Doesn't it put more strain on the lower back if u begin the pull from higher?
>>
>>37794930
Sort of, not really. You're not thrusting because then you're overextending your lower back which is how you snap your shit up. You do want to be bringing your hips back to their more neutral position, but you don't want to be pushing forward that much.

>>37794944
No, you don't. By going deeper, you're using your quads more than your hamstrings in the pull, which turns the movement into a squat with a fucked up bar position.

It doesn't put more strain on the lower back if you're lifting correctly because the main pulling of the lift is only done after the bar has passed over the knees. Getting it to the knees is the work of the hamstrings and glutes.

You should start thinking about the first part of the movement being more of a push through the legs than it is a pull of the back
>>
>>37794944
>I thought you were meant to go low as possible?

Literally the oposite.

Your hips should be as high as possible so you are still able to grab the bar with a neutral spine.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 512x288
>
>>
>>37794907
>Cataclysm-era Orgrimmar
>not Mists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQAHBx4frCA
>>
>>37794966
I more meant that you bring your hips through quickly, not hyperextend
>>
looks pretty good to me mang, doesnt have to get much better than this imo unless your form really gets fucked when you go heavy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.