[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXT iiz99p9o What does /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: America.webm (322 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
America.webm
322 KB, 720x404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXTiiz99p9o
What does /fit/ think? Personally I think its stupid and the tinfoil hat wearer in me says its just to keep people consuming
>>
>diets don't work!
>exercise doesn't work!

just keep everyone confused and you can keep selling weight loss products to them
>>
>consume a calorific deficit and do some kind of activity to keep your metabolism up

for nearly 40 years the health and fitness industry has done everything in its power to complicate this.
>>
Watching it again I see they are trying to say over eating is what causes weight gain so I guess its true. It is just presented poorly
>>
File: 1467157145310.jpg (96 KB, 543x799) Image search: [Google]
1467157145310.jpg
96 KB, 543x799
>What does /fit/ think? Personally I think its stupid and the tinfoil hat wearer in me says its just to keep people consuming
I think you're an idiot. Everything they stated is common sense and shown in countless studies.

The reason so many people lose weight with exercise is because they tend to stop eating so much shit at the same time.
I remember a documentary showing that the best way to burn calories is to do housework or other low exertion activities over a long period of time, which makes absolute sense and there's no reason not to believe it.

More food = more calories = more weight. Fucking simple. Like he said, it's not impossible to lose weight purely using exercise, it's just a lot more fucking difficult.
>>
Why do people think they need to exercise to burn calories? Thats fucking stupid. You exercise to change your body composition.
>>
>>37790328
This just business.
Clicks = money
SJWs bullshit and feminism generates the most clicks because not only idiots share this crap all over social media but also people who rage about this shit like MRAs, you guys or /pol/. They know it is bullshit, but they make money with it.
>>
All these EXERCISE AND DIETS DON'T WORK meme videos fucking enrage me. What they're ACTUALLY saying is that you can't expect to exercise away a dietary habit that involves eating TDEE+1000, or that binge dieting on like TDEE-1000 for a couple weeks is sustainable.

OBVIOUSLY these things are true. Most of these stupid fucking videos are just published to cash in on feminist body standard memes and give people confirmation bias for their obnoxious lifestyle choices.

The best way for someone to lose weight is to engage in some light exercise every other day, eat at a minor deficit (TDEE-200, give or take) and wait. That's literally all it takes but people refuse to listen to the final step and expect to see results in weeks.

The human body doesn't react instantly to anything that is short of life threatening. Why the fuck would you expect to be able to drastically change the way your body is shaped in weeks? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>37790328
Exercise doesn't burn many calories. Easier to eat satisfying low kcal foods like lean protein and raw vegetables while you cut kcals. Cold showers and swimming in cold water, do burn quite a few kcals, though.
>>
>>37791261

Tbh I feel the treadmills always lie about what you burn. It's all theoretical too (you may have a different posture etc).
I mean I have gone through bulking phases just adding in cardio and not changing the diet and there was no impact (healthier cardiovascular state though)

I have cycled gear and I can tell you I juts don't get fat unless I eat a shit ton, even if it's a high fat diet. It's not nutrient partitioning (I go insulin resistant on testosterone only!) It's literately is just raised BMR. T3 is another example.

The key to fat loss is and always is through diet because exercise will not cut it (does increase appetite) and desu the accuracy of how many kcals you burn from exercise...
>>
File: iwanttobebeautiful.jpg (133 KB, 852x589) Image search: [Google]
iwanttobebeautiful.jpg
133 KB, 852x589
>>37790328
this woman has the personality of a fetus
>>
>>37790328
Vox is a liberal shit rag but this video isnt bad. They pretty much conclude the way to lose weight is to eat less. Which is true.
>>
>>37791236
I'm right there with you man. People are too fucking impatient. I ate myself to 300+ lbs over the course of 23 years. This past year I'm down about 100lbs, literally 8 months of tracking what I ate and making sure I stayed under my allotted calories undid 23 years of fat (well almost but you get the point). It's faster than you'd think.
>>
File: Ariel-Winter-Ass.jpg (409 KB, 1638x2048) Image search: [Google]
Ariel-Winter-Ass.jpg
409 KB, 1638x2048
>>37790328
I don't exercise to lose weight. I exercise to change my body shape.

When I started to /fit/ I stopped drinking beer and soda, stopped eating so much bread, stopped pasta, no more candy bars and chocolate, etc.

This presentation didn't surprise me in the slightest.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.