[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I originally thought my biceps tendon was hurting, but it actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: pec.png (119 KB, 355x416) Image search: [Google]
pec.png
119 KB, 355x416
I originally thought my biceps tendon was hurting, but it actually is this I believe. The area that I circles, what is it? I can dig my finger in and feel the tendon or whatever the hell it is and it definitely is a dull soreness. Was thinking of massaging it. MRI showed no real problem. What the hell do i do here? What even is it?
>>
A no-risk thing to try is simple cross-fiber friction. Dig your fingers in there and vigorously rub back and forth across the tendon. If it starts to get kinda numb, it's working- if the pain increases, back off and ice it.

Can't promise that'll help, but it costs you nothing to try and may provide some relief.
>>
>>37787584
Lmao that's your delt, dumbass.
>>
>>37788066
No, it isnt.
>>
>>37788760
this
>>
Try stretching, or go check a doctor / chiropractor.
>>
processus coracoideus
it's a pointy bone of your scapula
it can be pretty tender for most people, its where your pec minor attaches
>>
Go to a chiropractor. My teres minor had been sore for years. Though I thought it was in my shoulder since the pain was there.

But after about a month of really painful massages to get the knot out, it doesn't hurt as much now
>>
>>37789061
>Go to a chiropractor.

A legit chiropractor you mean. In states and countries where you need a license to be one, pick a guy who's not only a chiropractor.

If he lifts AND is part of a clinic with doctors, physical therapists and chiropractors it would be ideal.
But you can ask the biggest, oldest dude you know if he knows a good chiropractor and he'll point you to the dude who knows how to work on lifters.
>>
>>37789107
They are so fucking expensive though fml. Is there anything I can do on my own to fix it?
>>
>>37787584
Give it rest. Takes a month or 2 for an inflamed tendon to heal. Skip all exercises that aggregate it.
>>
>>37788066
>delt
>attached to your fucking rib cage

Sometimes I forget where I am.
>>
>>37789280
I think he is trolling but i doubt it
>>
you're fucking up your shoulder

take 2 weeks off, ice, rest.

learn to warm up properly, use proper form and start doing prehab exercises for the rotator cuff
>>
>>37789164
Do you know what tendon it is?
>>
>>37787584
Does it hurt a lot during bench press? It could be because you're not positioning your scapula properly. Pec minor is a stabilizer muscle for the scapula, it also has some function during aspiration.

Your best bet is to take a week or two off from upper body movements that involve shoulder rotation and any movement that would cause your scapula from protracting anteriorly.

After that don't jump back into your old program, but focus on very light resistance band work with a lot of exercise variety to help strengthen your upper body.

Also consider learning more about lifting form.
>>
>>37789351
It does hurt while benching yeah, but I dont even bench anymore. Ive had this nagging pain since December and I just not today realized it isnt my biceps tendon, but my pec minor or whatever the hell tendon i circled
>>
>>37789311
you dont know what youre talking about. shocker.
>>
>>37789847
bump
>>
>>37789312
guess not
>>
>>37792280
this
>>
>>37787584
I am doctor. You probably have AIDS. It sounds like aids.
>>
>>37793458
ty
>>
Does it hurt only on the side of your dominant hand?
>>
>>37793765
Nope, my dominant hand is the other arm
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hope this helps

I had the same problem once
>>
>>37793835
>>37793835
>>37793851
>>37793851
Holy shit this might help, im reading through it now. Did you actually fix it? How long did you have it? Ive thought it was biceps tendinitis for so long but its a bit medial to the tendon, like where the pec minor attaches
>>
>>37793851
what book is this?
>>
>>37793891
I had it for 6 months after I got knocked my shoulder back at a ride in a theme park. I kept massaging the spot where it hurt and it wasn't doing any good, plus working at a computer made the pain a lot worse.

I recovered in a month because of frequent massages from the help of my friends, family and girlfriend. They could see how much pain I was in so they were thankfully very eager to help.
>>
>>37793968
The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies.
>>
>>37793985
Can you give any more detail on what massages, is it just the infraspinatus? I have a lacrosse ball and was finding trigger points on the wall for it to release. Is that basically what you did but with someone else to help? Also in the pictures you posted, they talk about your shoulder being outward rotation while using a mouse. If you keep your elbow close to you like a close grip bench press, can that potentially stop damage to the shoulder? What do you think of this?
>>
>>37794014
Does trigger points actually work?
>>
>>37794017
I can't give you advice on the bench press, but having someone do the massage is better because they can adjust the amount of pressure needed to feel relief while maintaining precision. The ball can produce more pressure but has a lack of precision, while the cane has precision but lacks pressure.

You'll know you're hitting the spot when you feel a lot of uncomfortable pain that makes you want to tense up or pull away, and that's pretty much what's happening to your shoulder - it's chronically tense because of that knot. When you feel the pain you want to consciously relax those muscles as much as possible.
>>
>>37794139
I was doing it and sort of felt it through my neck up to my skull, reasoning behind this?
>>
>>37794158
Hmm I might have been wrong. Your problem might not be the same as mine. Let me see if I can find your situation in the book.
>>
>>37794219
Well I feel that most of the nice anytime I stretch anything in the upper body because most of it is connected and im sure im tight. What is the exact ailment you had called again?
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>37794240
The neck and head pain makes me think postural issues. Does this seem more like your problem?
>>
File: pec.png (158 KB, 298x342) Image search: [Google]
pec.png
158 KB, 298x342
>>37794262
The only trigger point on here that makes sense is the top most one. But I feel most of the pain even a little bit above that. Almost by where it connect. That is where most of my pain is, if you understand where im pointing
>>
File: pec2.png (158 KB, 1182x632) Image search: [Google]
pec2.png
158 KB, 1182x632
>>37794284
>>37794262
This
>>
>>37794262
Reading through this,

>Attempts at therapeutic stretching of the pectoralis minor are not advisable because of the stress placed on its vulnerable attachments.

What does this mean?
>>
>>37794296
Yeah maybe this is it for you. The shaded area indicates areas of pain and the black dots are the spots where you should focus on massaging.

I got to leave now but good luck!!!
>>
>>37794319
Damn i really enjoyed this, thanks for your help. I wish we could continue
>>
We have narrowed down to the pain of the pec minor tendon that connects right into the corocoid process
>>
fuggin bro mance here
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.