[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is counting calories all I have to do to lose weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (906 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
906 KB, 320x240
>>
It makes the process 1000x easier because you goto bed every night knowing you're 100% in a calorie deficit.

It basically takes the "guess" work out of it. You no longer ever think "did I eat too much today?" etc.

Of course people have done it without counting, but in my opinion, counting is 100% better. I'm a numbers-fag though. I like tracking all these things.
>>
>>37787254
As long as you eat at a caloric deficit you will lose weight. Counting calories can help make the process easier by keeping track of how much you're eating, but it is not necessary.
>>
>>37787298
Thanks famm
>>
>>37787254
Yes
>>
>>37787254
As long as you're in a defecit
>>
>>37787254
Diet (calorie deficit) is all it takes to lose weight.
A more nutritional diet helps you do this more efficiently, exercise helps a little or in the case of building muscle makes your flabby spots not look as bad.
Yes though, counting calories will help you make sure you're at a deficit.

How much weight are we talking?
>>
>>37787559
I'm 210lbs at 5'10
26% body fat
29 years old
>>
>>37787586
>26%
>210
If this is true you're honestly not bad off.
Usually at 210s for your height you're talking like 30%+
Recommendation 500 calorie deficit off your TDEE, 1 cheat day weekly, get some cardio in (use a machine if you have to).
You can cut calories as much as you want, but I do not recommend dropping at any point below 1200 calories if you're not sure you could handle the cravings. You'll just end up binging.
>>
>>37787631
>cheat day weekly
Dont ever give advice to anyone on anything ever again
>>
>>37787559
I'm 158 at 5'8
Don't know my body fat % but my arms, legs, feet super veiny like (3 inch veins), I think my weight is in my thigs will post body pic in a sec
>>
>>37787254
Even some small dietary supplements that raise your metabolism by 200 calories can help you lose weight.

Imagine if you actually did sports each day, even something silly like fast walking. Even that would help you to lose weight faster still. Much faster still.

Now imagine if you actually did sports that were heavy in intensity. Something like 600 calories for 1 hour. Those couple of months of eating well could be cut by half.

Only complete lazy faggots dont do sports alongside a caloric deficit.
>>
>>37787631
Nigga, there should be no cheat days, untill you have bad days at the gym for two weeks streight.

And even then it's not a fucking cheat day, it's a cheat meal. At the end of a normal day.
>>
>>37787746
What abount just eating to maintenance once a week? Just as good as a cheat meal?
>>
>>37787254
Counting calories is all you have to do to lose mass
Eating a proper diet and exercising regularly is all you have to do to get in shape

If you're overweight/obese, chances are you don't need to "add" something to your lifestyle to "lose" weight
>>
>>37787785
Nothing should ever be a Cheat. IIFYM.
i can eat PIZZA like CHAD aslong as i dont go over my LIMITS.
Throw in nutritious as fuck foods too so you dont lose out on vits/mins too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.