[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Medic Alert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
How does /fit/ feel about medic alert tattoos. I have a congenital heart condition and my wife gets nervous when I do cardio. There are drug interactions that a paramedic would need to know about. I looked at bracelets but the seem to only come in 3 flavours: old person, douchebag, and fedora.
>>
it seems like one of the few legitimate reason for getting a tattoo
also, why on earth would you mind the opinion of /fit/ ?
>>
Post boipussy
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 750x1334
>>37785592
Paramedic here, what interactions do you speak of?

And what defect? Valve issue?
>>
I've been told wearing a necklace or chest tattoo is the best option. So if you pass out they will see it before they start giving you cpr or use a defibrillator(In the case of diabetes as in pic related).
Even though im a type 1 diebetic i won't get one since if im sucha pussy that i passout i deserve to die.
>>
I don't know if I'd want one that big but I'd hugely prefer a tattoo over a bracelet. I don't even like wearing watches, I hate stuff jangling around on y wrists.

>>37785669
Would you guys know to look for a tattoo? Or is there a chance it'd be missed if you're only conditioned to glance for a bracelet?
>>
File: l8Pg8pP.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
l8Pg8pP.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
I've got a blood group tattoo like my grandfather Frédéric.
>>
>>37785669
Long qt. Any drug that affects qt is a no go.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 747x1328
>>37785701
Glad you asked, tattoos are so common we don't look for them for medical information really. Most people in my town don't even use necklaces or anything for that matter. Most of the time we can get information from the patient or family member if you are unresponsive. And if you are truly unresponsive at that point your history (however is important) we don't focus on that too much. We make sure airway is open, heart is beating, the major stuff.

The only real time we even expose or cut clothes is trauma patients so we don't look for chest tattoos. Old war vets and stuff will have "DNR" or do not resuscitate on their chest but it's not valid.
>>
>>37785754

Yeah that's no fun. Do you take any anti arrhythmic? Plus worst case if they do give you something in the hospital that prolongs your QT interval You probably will go into a lethal rhythm but they can fix it (hopefully if they catch it quick) and either give you some magnesium or shock you out of it
>>
>>37785767
here we just have a card in our wallet for medical condition ,the medic will have to check the wallet for name and stuff anyway
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 500x421
>>37785850

Yeah that's true, a well experienced medic will tend to find out information based on the situation. It's sometimes easy and sometimes a pain in the ass.

Also, if you have a medical condition involving your heart. Make sure your gym has an AED.
>>
I had a friend in elementary school who had a weak heart. He had a bracelet that was just a little chain with a thin metal oval part that said whatever on it. From what I remember, I don't think it would look old, douche or fedora on a normal dude.
>>
What about a card hanging from the neck, tucked inside the shirt?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.