[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw depression is making me not want to do anything, including
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: HLX3eC3.jpg (20 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
HLX3eC3.jpg
20 KB, 500x224
>tfw depression is making me not want to do anything, including lifting, except want to die

How do I deal with this gains gobin /fit/
>>
>>37784694
Become a nihilist, and then the depression wont matter. Only arbitrary numbers, crunches, sets and techniques will.
>>
>>37784700
I can't into it though, I'm too emotional
>>
>>37784912
Yeah you gotta die inside
>>
>>37784919
>just be dead inside
>>
depends why you're depressed. there are a shit ton of different causes and they require different solutions. see a psychologist, but don't expect miracles. the main thing I got out of going to a psychologist was the realization that he couldn't do shit for me.
>>
>>37784912
There is perhaps a point in each nihilist where he asks himself "should I take my life?". Well I at least had one, and the answer to that was clearly no. I had no reason to take my life, nor do I have a reason to really live as society demands of me. Because at that point I managed to find my mental, physical roots and started listening to my body. My body felt no need to be killed or to stop. My body wanted to eat, it wanted to fuck women. So I thought "well, how can I help my body with these things". And so I started to train, so I started to try to get more wealth. So too I wanted to remove the jew, nigger and mudslime.

Without any ties to society, without any need to be validated by others. I just trained. I surpassed the peers of my similar age and without any feeling of their thoughts, of their own lives I just continued on.

If a routine demands a certain amount of sets, reps, protein, rest of you to gain muscle mass. You will do it. Because why not. You body needs it. Your body will get even better with it, your testosterone will rise and it will give you even better hints at what to do in life as it performs better.
>>
>>37784955
I'd have to practice a lot to get into this kind of mindset and perception of everything. Excuse the buzzword but seeing everything as nothing but rational seems a bit autistic. However I'd deem it better than dealing with the lows and highs of emotion.
>>
>>37785058
Its not autism, its actually extremely refined way of socially/intelligently seeing into things.

Chances are that you are connected to normies, and normies are depressive as well. Disconnecting from them socially and emotionally does not mean that you will become autistic.

Because they arent the only ones in society that are doing stuff.

There are sports clubs out there that have normal people on regimes doing sports. They dont have autism, yet they do have strict things that they follow. Advice that coaches give on how to train, how to rest, how to eat. Even imbued in laws.

its considered normal there

To even think like you do, thats not autism (I am not as dumb as you to call everything that), but its rather just stupidity. You are extremely dumb to think like that. Or your standards are so warped that when you see someone who is as virtuous as me (and the other sporters) you think that its unnatural? That we must be flawed? Pffft.

Society really is shit.

Disconnect from it, find other crowds to hang out with and loser your loser mindset.

Nihilism is merely the process that enables it. It destroys everything that is not needed, so that you may replace it with something that works.

The other choice is being a normie fat loser who will get alzheimers at age 40.
>>
>>37784955
>>37785116

Lol this guy is a complete fucking austist. You would have to be 17 to believe this guy has had any kind of success in life.

This guy is lonely, anti-social, and probably in terrible shape. Good luck loser.
>>
>>37784955
How do you live your life (education, job, philosophy, hobbies, stress, etc)? My life is at a shitty stress point atm and I'm not sure what the future holds for me.
>>
>>37785153
I got depressed a while back as well for failing to uphold societal points of which they usually define themselves as a failure. Like a car, going into bars every weekend with friends, buying expensive clothes.

But you can just let go of these things and choose what matters for you most. It will haunt you a lot less like that.

>>37785150
Kek, you wish. I am actually quite social, my bodyfat is at 9% and below, I run below 19 minutes on 5km, sometimes in competitions as well. I even have a kid. On the physical, biological track in life I am probably a much bigger success than you. I have a strict dieting regime, strict exercises, count my macro's properly. I even started spouting chest hair recently (something that the younger generation doesnt have because of shitty biological disposition). I am extremely healthy and I even aced an army fit test recently. I doubt you can say the same.
>>
My depression is what keeps me going, hoping that changing myself physically and disciplinary will somehow give me a happier life
>>
>>37784694
I don't let anyone or anything become my source of motivation.

I don't look at women in the gym. Tight spandexed asses are not my motivation. I don't care what others think of how weak or strong I look in the gym. I don't dress for others to the gym or even for myself. How I dress doesn't matter. Gym is not a social event. It's an hour where I work.

My motivation is not for getting bigger. It's not for getting a pump.

My motivation is - to go through the motion, the motion of pushing hard 1 workout at a time. I put my body through this, with no specific result because you don't really know what the effect of any particular exercise will have on your biology.

I just do it. I've decided I will change my lifestyle, it will lead to better health and physical improvements, but at the end of it all. I just take away the option of not doing it.

I just go. Do it. I just lift the fucking weight.
>>
>>37785153
>How do you live your life (education, job, philosophy, hobbies, stress, etc)? My life is at a shitty stress point atm and I'm not sure what the future holds for me.

also to add to that:

Most of my hobbies are sports, weight lifting, did some swimming a while back, also run in a club. I had a job as welder a while back but no longer have it, currently in a gov employment program again (loving all the free time though that I use for sports). Love nature walks. Sometimes go into bars and just do normalish stuff as well, like movie theaters, carnivals. Though my random sloot fucking thing is fairly low. Have good ties with family members, enough social stuff from the sport club. Sometimes even just outside of it.

I think that I am mostly fairly normal (also on some things far above average, like on sports), with the only bad thing being the lack of gf.

Recently I also found out about examine.com so I have been autistically using all kinds of things based from that. Like the Spirulina for nose leakage. And a bunch of other stuff for cortisol management, performance and whatever.

Honestly, I dont feel bad or depressed, my body looks good enough, I get good enough performance in the run club (often in the top 10 now in competitions) and I am still improving. Though the governmental assistance is good enough to keep doing these things...I imagine if you had financial difficulties that would be a whole different matter.
>>
>>37784694
Cmon, don't get down like that. You can do it. But a pre workout, put gym clothes on, take that pre workout, and see then if you don't drive to the gym. I use Pump Fuel Insanity caffeine free with a banana. Not shilling. I don't like caffeine. And it has everything I need.

I've struggled with depression, it's a slow process, but every day you get up and get to the gym is another day that helps it get better. It's all about brain chemicals.

Buy Nutrigold Vitamin D3 and take 4000 IU in the morning every morning. Take a multivitamin. I like Rainbow Light Men's one.

Get out there, and do this thing.
>>
>>37785232
>I imagine if you had financial difficulties that would be a whole different matter.
Well I'm being kicked my parents' house because I quit college, so I'll have difficulties at the start. The only job I'll be able to get is probably something shitty like gas station clerk or frycook. I hope I don't end up homeless though, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the winters.

How much do you work btw?
>>
>>37785240
I'm OP and I think one of the reasons why I'm depressed is because of ephedrine, shit it probably started my downfall from normiedom years ago
>>
>>
>>37785286
Well that is a valid excuse, stress to exist cant be mitigated. You best sort your financial shit out first, and you are excused from lifting. But just dont stay idle at home being depressed.
>>
>>37785512
Actually getting fit is one of the first things I want to do, since it will probably help me feel less like shit. It's the constant stress that's making me unable to think logically.
>>
I've been having some issies with my self esteem, anxiety, and now depression agian. I'm working 2 jobs (clocking in 42-50 hrs a week) before leaving for school and outside of work, i don't have a social life. Idk is it normal in your early 20s to feel so alone or I'm i just being an insecure beta faggot? I've also noticed alot of increased feelings of aggression that even lifting doesn't help. I just lied in bed yesterday doing nothing. Idk even know what to do anymore.
>>
>>37785726
How long before you leave for school? Look at it this way - if you're unhappy with how things are going right now, use your time to change things to how you want them for when you start school. You can be the person you want to be, or don't, it's up to you.
>>
>>37785554
Sounds like you are looking more into cortisol management. Which is the main stress hormone. Lifting alone wont entirely get rid of it you know. Cortisol is one of the hardest hormones to control and manage. In the short term it may even benefit you into helping you to at least secure your living.
>>
File: mickeydonald.png (203 KB, 500x694) Image search: [Google]
mickeydonald.png
203 KB, 500x694
>>37784694
>>
>>37785803
In mid August. I love both jobs but I've noticed it just drains me to the point where i just don't want to do anything on weekends. I want to change and go back to therapy but my insurance is shit and won't cover anything so i pay alot out of pocket. I tried those self help books but i feel like its a placebo. I also help take care of my grandfather whose suffering from dementia and its also stressful. But you're right all the change in my life needs to come from me.
>>
>>37785726
Aggression comes from the way your life is at this point. You go to school then to some dead end job just to pay the bills. As you said you have no social life.

Aggression is your mind trying to rebel, its your frustration towards your life.

Try to change the setting, dont spend all your day at home. Keep your mind focused on your goals, if you dont have any then make them.

Meditation.

Focus on your goals and persevere.
>>
OP have you tried 5-htp? A friend of mine is doing a lot better now once he started taking it. It's natural, from a bean if I recall right and way better than any antidepressants because it doesn't cut out your good feelings. Do some research and give it a try, you can get it on amazon
>>
>>37785871
I would say to maybe quit the jobs a month before you're due to start. You may love the jobs, but they're not allowing you to have a very good balance in other areas of your life, and that's what's bringing you down.

My grandfather passed away a few months ago, and I'm also looking after my grandmother who has early signs of dementia, so I appreciate where you're coming from.

I'm taking some time at the moment to reevaluate what makes me happy and what doesn't. I've found that when I have no goals, short or long term, I suffer. So maybe that's something to consider too.
>>
>>37785993
They're both seasonal jobs since I'm dorming which is nice. Thanks btw sorry for loss. Its especially worse when you can't afford good care for them. I just let him talk and talk till he tires himself out. That's all he needs imo. Someone to talk too. I really didn't have any goals and i thinks that why i am feeling shitty. theres always something for me to do before the month ends that doesn't involve being a couch potato. Thanks for the help btw.
>>
>>37786080
It really sounds like you want to overcome things and change for the better, so all the power to you. I hope things work out.
>>
Listen the people before you fought and died so you could be here right now. Listen to the advice people are giving and research for yourself but our lives are our own. People want you to feel like shit because other people are doing better. If you knew what they had to do to keep all of that you would say no fucking way. Keep your head up. Pray everyday. Press forward at all times. Have an objective every day and fight to meet it at all costs.

You're not being shot at or bombed everyday and you were not put on this earth to remain dormant. Listen to the warrior inside and fight with everything you have.
>>
>>37784694
>tfw that's my old supervisor
>>
File: stand alone internally.jpg (65 KB, 587x508) Image search: [Google]
stand alone internally.jpg
65 KB, 587x508
>>37784694
Realize one thing and remember it well.

Your pain doesn't matter. Your sadness doesn't matter. Your depression doesn't matter.
Nobody cares, nobody is coming to save you.
You are a child, alone on the floor crying, hoping somebody will come and pick you up and carry you away from the pain, the burden, the whole you find yourself in that you call your life.
No help is coming, no greater force is looking over you. It's just you. You Have to realize it's just you that cares for you.
If you don't care for yourself, then nobody cares for you.
If you don't get up and get things done, nobody will come and do them for you.
All of your pain, comes from hope, your hope somebody else will carry you through the pain and it's painful because nobody does or can.
Accept it anon, get up and do the things you need to have a happier life.
I can't tell you when you will be fully happy, but I can promise you that struggling while standing up will feel a lot better than lying down and waiting.
>>
>>37785182
Blah blah blah

Post time stamped body
>>
>>37787215
You said this so well, I'm about to make a background with it. Name?
>>
>>37787422
Hope you fix obvious typos I made while writing that stuff in haste.
>the whole you find yourself in

>Name?
I am guessing you want just a name for credit purposes and not my actual name, right?
>>
File: 1464353919768.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1464353919768.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>37784694

iktf
>>
>>37787480
>I am guessing you want just a name for credit purposes and not my actual name, right?
ye
>>
>>37785853

I like this.
>>
>>37787498
Ashur Ruhsan
Feel free to use both, or either one.
>>
is it me or has it become "trendy" to have "depression"?

there's a bunch of you on here and even on normiebook/twitter that share " I want to die" memes and other retarded shit

im sure there are some of you going through some stuff but the majority of you need to get over yourselves
>>
>>37787521
I'll post it here in a few
>>
>>37787580
it's not just you, I see that shit all the time

I've actually been diagnosed with major depressive disorder so it irks me when people who are just 'sad' pretend they know what it's like

they're all self-diagnosing faggots too
>>
>>37787580
Its only "trendy" because people are realizing that its the norm.

With obesity/overweightness rising. The hormone levels of men are dropping down the shitter and pic related happens.

A trend, or a change from the status quo is what happens when something goes like

>well here is the status quo, but it hasnt been updated for a while yet (being a healthy, non faggot male enjoying life)
>I cannot really feel it applying to me
>"someone posts something applying to the new average"
>others on this new average feel semblance in that
>reply to that average
>suddenly it is considered to be "popular"

Image getting slowly stabbed, little by little, until the hole in your body becomes big enough to notice. One person notices it and then tells other about this whole, they notice it too and then etc.

You can see it back in the suicide rates, in the anti depressant usage etc.

it is just natural I guess. Natural considering on how the physiology is changing for the worst with young, white males. Even women and their feminism self hatred.
>>
File: blank.png (264 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
264 KB, 1920x1080
>>37787521
I made a blank one, not sure what background to use, couldn't find any good ones on google. Shame.
>>
>>37784694
Depression is not real, who keeps making these threads
>>37787580
Its a new way of looking for pitty and being "in",
> How are my depression bros holding up
> so hard to keep going, listen to my life story
> what are you prescribed boys ? I'm on this this and that, lmao only 2 pills
like fuck off with your fake illnesses
>>
>>37787809
The only thing I don't quite like is
>will feel alot better than struggling lying on the ground
First off it's "a lot" not "alot"
Second people aren't exactly struggling while dying on the floor, they are waiting. I mean they could be struggling to get up.
But I like to emphasize the difference between standing up, facing your problems and struggling to overcome them and lying down and waiting.
Though the way you put it make also makes sense.
>>
>>37787809
pretty good
>>
>>37787809
motivation youtube link related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EwzisBEHc

>struggle long and struggle hard
>>
Wtf why don't girls straight up reject you if they don't like you? Don't fucking play games with me about being busy and shit, just tell me straight up. Rejection doesn't hurt but being lied to and manipulated does.
>>
File: blank.png (268 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
268 KB, 1920x1080
>>37787914
better?
>>
>>37787514
>Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

Gets me erry time
>>
File: example.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>37788003
Yes.
You may or may not want to move the name to the right and a bit more down. Here is an example.
Also I guess I will take a look if I can find a background for this as well.
>>
File: examples4.jpg (945 KB, 1920x1720) Image search: [Google]
examples4.jpg
945 KB, 1920x1720
>>37788003
Here is an example thats decent while keeping the text readable.
>>
>>37784694
You can either commit suicide , adopt a religion, or take the Camus approach, completely accept that you have no purpose and live on anyways, creating a minor purpose anyways.

Read some stoicism for good measure, just for a code to live by. But remember that there is no meaning.
>>
>>37785150
Good luck with your life hopefully you dont get a terminal illnes and have to realize you wasted your whole life like in "The Death of Ivan Ilyich".
>>
>>37787641
True. I feel like shit 24/7 to the point that I've started thinking out the pros and cons of becoming an hero. But whenever I talk about this on 4chan, I never use the word "depression" because I know full well that this could just be a shitty phase in life. I fucking despise it when normies wear this shit as a badge of honor or use it as an excuse to post dumb quotes on facebook.
>>
>>37784694
I wouldn't recommend becoming a nihilist but I'd suggest you educate yourself on it as well as other points of view. Try to explore and adapt virtues and values you find good and willing to achieve, try to live by it. Most people get stuck in the routine that their personality is the defining facet of their life, those personalities develop around the end of middle school and through out high school and what's a shittier way to handle depression (or life in general) by keeping a mindset developed by your angsty hormone ridden younger self. Accept your flaws but don't let them define you, stuffing them into a dark corner of your mind is futile as it will only make your ego pretend that problems aren't there until it becomes too overwhelming, know that you're capable of changing your mindset/personality to suit the kind of person YOU want to be, lift and eat healthier because it'll do wonders for you brain chemistry and overall mood/outlook on life and so much more, learn to be sociable, you'll get better at it the more you try. Be reasonable and know that anything great isn't going to come overnight, it requires effort and work. That's fucking 99% of everything you can ever do in your life. Don't focus on the end goal too much either, feel good about the progress you make as you get closer to your goals. Strengthen yourself physically, mentally, and if you have any belief systems then also spiritually. You don't have to adopt a religion to do that, it can be a set of ethical and moral principles to ground you. You can learn to truly control yourself and know you can't control the world around you, adapt to change and change yourself to adapt to challenges that will make you grow as a person. The universe works mentally, don't let the scale of how big and complex it is dominate you. You're a sentient living being with a consciousness able to feel and think abstractly and that's more than enough to make us one of the most significant things to ever exist.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.