[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't do all the exercises I want to do and keep my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
>can't do all the exercises I want to do and keep my routine under an hour

how do you deal with time constraint
I've cut abs from my routine entirely
>>
I allot myself more time to do my exercises.
>>
>>37782788
but aren't you hurting your results if you go over an hour? unless you're on roids or something
>>
>>37782781
Walk faster in the gym.
>>
>>37782804
dude what
>>
>>37782804
Not if you're targeting different parts of your body and doing different movements.

Alternatively, go to a 4 or 5 day a week schedule.
>>
>>37782812
>>37782804
What kind of hilarious meme is this?
>>
>>37782806
I have a home gym and I work on an interval timer. If I rest 2.5 minutes between sets I can only do 24 sets in an hour. If I'm doing 4 sets per exercise I can only do 6 exercises.
>>
File: autism-speaks.jpg (135 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
autism-speaks.jpg
135 KB, 1500x844
>>37782841
>>
>>37782860
so you're saying just work out for more than an hour even though most research shows you're negatively impacting your results by doing so?
>>
I cut abs from my routine when I finally got lean and realised just lifting in of itself and staying lean was enough to make me abs.

Me push-pressing 100kg for reps at 75kg bodyweight....yeah I am pretty sure that takes more abdominal development than doing any kind of ab-exercise lol.
>>
>>37782880
[citation needed]
>>
>>37782880
What the fuck are you even talking about

Am I getting memed on or are you just autistic as fuck, once you get past your first year you quickly start spending like an hour just doing squats dude.
>>37782895
You do abs for posture though, it's a corrective exercise. If you have any athletic ambitions whatsoever w/r/t lifting I highly recommend you keep training your abs.
>>
>>37782920
>The Cortisol Connection
>Training for too long each workout could hamper your progress. When you begin a workout, your levels of testosterone -- an important muscle-building hormone -- start to rise. After around 45 minutes of hard training, they start to return to baseline, and at the 60-minute mark, they drop even further, which coincides with an increase in your levels of the stress hormone cortisol, according to strength coach Jason Ferruggia. This essentially means the first hour of your workout is conducive to building muscle, but after this performance drops and you may start doing more harm then good. Therefore, you may be best served being in and out of the gym within an hour.
>>
>>37782936
You'll never hit the volume you'll eventually need doing that so you best just start juicing right now if you're that worried.
>>
>>37782781
Yea dude also dont forget to get your post workout shake in that 30-min anabolic window, otherwise the whole workout was for nothing.
Holy fuck how autistic are you
>>
>>37782781
How are you so inefficient that you can't keep your workout under ab hour?
>>
>>37782936
And you take this to mean it's detrimental to training despite decades of training systems doing the opposite for greater results.

>m-muh testosterone
>m-m-muh dangerous sounding cortisol
>I can't hold all these gains
Instead of looking at individual hormones you should learn how the process functions. It's not just "testosterone = free muscles". What you cited completely ignores muscle growth stimulation or even any mention of how these hormones supposedly affects your hypertrophy.
>>
>>37782936
>according to strength coach Jason Ferruggia
>says "more harm than good" without explaining shit
Kek
>>
>>37782972
>>37782973
>>37782950
>>37782936
Honestly probably best to just not lift at all, just to stay on the safe side
>>
Cut down silly isolation or rest shorter

Jesus just because a bunch of obese milk gargling "men" told you to rest for 5/8 minutes doesn't mean you should

I rest maximum 3 minutes and I squat 3.5 pl for reps/ dl 4.5 and bench 2.25
>>
>>37782981
Haha, yeah. Also reduced risk of training related injuries by about 100%
>>
File: jasonferruggia-400x284.jpg (24 KB, 400x284) Image search: [Google]
jasonferruggia-400x284.jpg
24 KB, 400x284
>>37782936
>Jason Ferrugia

Holy shit, taking advice from this tool?
>>
>>37782936
>roid lifter telling natty lifters not to train

2gud2b2tru
>>
>>37782822
>>37782804
mfw my dumb roommate genuinely believes this.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.