[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spirtuality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: kaz.jpg (268 KB, 1268x1897) Image search: [Google]
kaz.jpg
268 KB, 1268x1897
I know that spirituality and god gets a lot of hate around here, but lately I've been feeling empty. I was raised baptist and renounced my faith when I was younger. However, I've been feeling lost and meaningless and can admit that for me personally I do believe in god... in some form.

I don't like this indecision or general vagueness. Not understanding my own faith (whatever it may be) makes me hungry, and the answers to my questions have left me unsatisfied. At this point in my life I've become self-destructive and frustrated.

What do you guys do spiritually, and any advice for someone trying to find fulfillment or understanding? To me faith is strength in itself.

Thank you.
>>
>>37782186
Take hallucinogens
Have a religious experience
Become a new age faggot for a couple year
Come to your senses
Join the nihilism mater race
>>
>>37782186
To be honest I don't feel anything spiritual and I think it's all a waste of time to speculate on. I'm just going to enjoy as much of my life as possible and try to make those around me happy and then die and become worm food.

Making your own meaning is better than having it handed to you imo.
>>
I feel the unity of all living things especially humans. Not religious though
>>
File: mm.jpg (319 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
319 KB, 640x427
>>
>>37782186
For spiritual gains take drugs - high doses of psychedelics 1-2 times a year will suffice.
>>
>>37782201
I appreciate the reply, but I was an atheist from age 10 (now 26), then stuck with nihilism and then said fuck it to all beliefs. None of it did any good for me, other than make me feel superior to religious people. Doing psychedelics didn't turn me into a new age fag, but it did unearth in me the fact that I never truly stopped believing. Also, it helped make me less of an edgy maniac when people brought up their beliefs that were different than my own.

Even with all the studies I've done for school and for myself, nothing has helped me as much as faith (in a broad sense) when it comes to my personal issues. Nothing against atheists, nihilism, or agnosticism at all. I just wanted to see if there were other people who were in similar situations or have advice.
>>
>>37782186
>god gets alot of hate here
Fit is a Christian board
>>
>>37782324
WAAAAAAT? since when Anon? no seriously
>>
>>37782186
I go to a Baptist church and I'm considering going to seminary, so to me it makes sense that you're having spiritual hunger. I'm assuming you renounced your faith because you felt disengaged, doubtful, etc., which is unfortunately a huge problem with American churches. Of course, I could be wrong in assuming that's the reason (or that you're an American).
>>
>>37782186

It's okay to believe in things. It doesn't mean you HAVE to subscribe to a particular religion.

I think all human religion is bullshit, but at the same time I don't believe we are truly "alone in the universe". I believe that humanity as a whole was put here for a reason (that we don't know, not yet anyway) but I don't believe that we are being watched over and judged as individuals.
>>
>>37782324
Every christian /pol/poster is SUPERdyel
>>
>>37782226
Of course it's most important to live life as much as possible. Just like anyone else, our own meaning is always a work-in-progress because experience never stops happening. IMO there's nothing wrong with looking at other beliefs and finding inspiration from it, without becoming a follower of it.

>>37782241
Admittedly, I don't sit and meditate. I'll have to give myself the time for that for sure.

>>37782242
I've done shrooms, acid, and DMT plenty and around various circumstances. For me, I've taken enough to know I have to grow more as a person to get more out of psychedelics. Though it's also my environment. Not to be obnoxious or anything like that.

>>37782324
Really? It seems like any other board on 4chan that shoots down spiritual, religious, or self-seeking discussion in a wash of fedora tipping and nihilism.
>>
>>37782381
He's baptist. It's safe to say he's probably from the southern US and if not, the US in general
>>
>>37782381
Yeah, I am American. There's a lot of doubt and distance in general between people. I renounced my faith because of the aftermath of the El Salvador civil war. My parents are from there and we kept going back starting the year after it ended. Seeing the war's impact started making me question everything.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? What's the difference with your churches? To me, I'm put off mostly by how insincere church around here feels.
>>
>>37782523
I'm from Massachusetts, and I've only been going to church for about 3 years now. I grew up in a Christian home but we never went to church or talked too much about religion. I didn't realize how lucky I was to be in such an active and genuine church until I started checking out other churches in this time. A lot of them are either really uncommitted to what they claim to believe or just want to be political instead of scriptural, and I think that's why so many people are leaving churches. If they want politics they can turn on the news.

It's funny you mention El Salvador because I used to work with two illegals from there and they would often tell me how fucked up their country was. They were brothers and one of them had a kid; he kept telling me he wanted to get his son into America because El Salvador is so unsafe nowadays with all the barrios and whatnot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.