[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness Trackers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fitbit.png (93 KB, 435x187) Image search: [Google]
fitbit.png
93 KB, 435x187
Waste of money? yes no? thinking about getting one, they seem pretty useful and will probably motivate me a little more. to the people who already have one, what can you tell us about them and what do you recommend?
>>
>>37781807
There's nothing you can do with them that you can't do without them. I know plenty of people who have them and don't use them/wear them and don't use the info at all so I'd say kind of a gimmick desu anon
>>
>>37781841
i know they are not necessary by all means but sleep cycle and heart rate plus total calories is pretty useful.
>>
>>37781807
like everything else, it won't make you do anything more or less then you normally would. if you are genuinely curious or just want a log, go for it. I would say set whatever goal you have and record it manually and stick to it for a month, if you are still going and consistent, reward yourself with it.
>>
I picked up one for $25 with a HRM. Didn't end up using the HRM but did use the sleep monitoring. Found that somewhat useful.

Learned that I averaged 8:30 hours sleep normally. Helped me set a regular sleep time to avoid feeling sleepy during the day. The 'silent alarm' of the band also helped me wake up more gently (it just taps me on the wrist) than using my phone. Also learned I needed even more when cutting.
>>
>>37782085
25 buckaroos? what model? i was planning to get a fitbit that was 130$ CAD, i want something thats compatible with myfitnesspal and strava though.
>>
>>37782108
It's a Garmin. Not sure the model. I bought it off a friend second hand, but they never even used it so it was basically brand new.

I mentioned the price because I think $25 was worth it for what I got. Don't think I'd pay $130 for it since it's basically just an alarm clock for me, albeit a good one.

I don't know how those app works but if you have an iPhone you might be able to get one app to write relevant data to Apple Health and have the other apps read that data from it. Might not work though.
>>
>>37782178
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFPOVCG/ref=twister_B00P2QCJP6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That one?
>>
>>37782218
That's it. With HRM.
>>
>>37781807
I have a fit bit charge and I guess its cool seeing around how many steps a day I take but I've been standing completely still just moving my arm and the steps go up so its not completely accurate. It has a sleep monitor on it too but I've been wide awake and checked the time on it before then looked at the sleep monitor the next morning and it says I was still sleeping so its still not very accurate. I got it half off though but I wouldn't buy it again if I had the choice.
>>
>>37782383
really? dam, i was planning to get the charge HR for 130CAD, its usually 200$
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.