[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ newbie question here. Just got back into working out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fitttttt.jpg (136 KB, 1500x995) Image search: [Google]
fitttttt.jpg
136 KB, 1500x995
Hey /fit/ newbie question here.

Just got back into working out after taking a "few" years off mostly due to smoking cigs and drinking heavily and some other drugs and feeling like shit all the time after partying to work out.

Anyway I'm getting back into lifting again and thank God I have that muscle memory so I'm not a complete dyel as I have some muscle.

Anyway, I'm finding that after around 30 minutes of lifting I am exhausted and need to either go swim for 30 min or do 30 min of treadmill and shower then leave.

Is this pathetic and just lol 30 min lol lifting meme?

I mean, during my 30 min I'm going from one weight set to another, lifting, traps, delts, legs, squats, deadlift, etc circling around 5 reps of 5 each time varying intensity and level of weights.

Advice? Is this autistic or do you have to do 1 full hour to really "work out" ?? I mean I'm lifting in those 30 min really hard not one of those flabby fucks sitting on a machine jerking off for 20 minutes checking his facebook after doing 1 rep.
>>
oh look a well thought out post!

>inb4 404
>>
>>37780869
>>37780875
>Blatantly samefagging
Not gonna answer your question either :^)
>>
>>37780906

>literally posting just to say you're not going to answer my question

Wow. How do you sleep at night?
>>
>>37780906
this
>>
>>37780869
it's because your body is in the gutter, you may have some muscles, but smoking takes a toll on physical capabilities, not to talk about all the other shit you filled yourself with. I am coming up on my third month fully clean from shit ranging from smoking til party drugs and psychadelics and it was after that that I started to go to the gym 4-5 times a week. My underperformance was greatest in the first couple of weeks, up to maybe half of the second month. I'm starting to leave auschwitz mode and i've effectively gained 8-9 kg in this time. (While I was in my full-time junkie phase I didn't do any sport/gym anything, just sat or walked around ruining my spine bit-by-bit)
>>
>>37780949
>don't post in my or my wifes sons threads ever again
>>
>>37780869
>>37780961
cont. (didn't answer much either I noticed)
give yourself proper rest times between sets, while not letting your body cool down basically, start slow, work yourself back to (former) greatness and don't get down on mediocre results for now, just work as hard as you can and keep building on yourself
>>
>>37780987

Thanks for probably the only good answer ITT>.

How long do most people see results? 6 months? 2 years?
>>
>>37781016
it depends on the routine(s) you employ and where you set your goals. Your greatest gains/results are to be expected in the first couple of months, maybe up to a year, always decreasing gradually up to a point where it plateaus out (maybe after 2-3 years) where it becomes a matter of looking at yourself and seeing if you're happy or if you want to become a hulking ape that can lift the machines other people lift metals in.
Personally, I have a sort of blessed body, in the sense that i've got such a fast metabolism that I am incapable of producing fat on my body (I went from 10% bodyfat to 5% while eating 3.5k+ calories while at 55kg for 1,85m; I counted as skeleton), so atm I only got to worry about building muscle, gaining mass itself; i'll have to see how long I want that to happen, after that it's maintenance.
>>
>>37781089

Cool. How do I go about determining my bodyfat so I can cut it and measure my results later?

Also is it possible to bulk while also trying to lose bellyfat/love handles ?
>>
>>37781145
there are body weight scales that have metal pads for your feet and something you hold in your hands, those will give you "an idea" of where your values lie at, nowhere near true values though, they have like a 15-25% fail rate.

another method is something like a scale on the bottom of a bathtub, you lie in it (fillied with water ofc) and it measures your weight; because fat floats, it counters your sinking effect (muscles don't float). Simple math, normal scale weight - weight in water = weight of fat

Some gyms have things like these, for at home, you can buy cheap body fat measuring devices in the form of calipers with a scale on the side. With which you pinch your skin in several places (google: body fat measuring guide caliper, or something like that) for a tutorial

when it comes to muscle gain and fat loss; yes, working on muscles is universal, cardio is good, muscle building burns fat like hell as well though, but you have to watch your nutrition/calorie intake, so you don't just gain both fat and muscles.
That said, on a normal scale, where you just measure your body weight, you have no idea in what it is distributed between the instances where you weight yourself, you can weight the same overall, but what was fat may be muscle, or water, or fecal matter (yes, shit and piss makes a huge difference on the scale, from 0.5-1kg :P). It's important, especially to yourself, to know where your exercise is doing something, if you are losing fat/gaining muscles, so also measuring with a tape is handy (easy google search again).
>>
>>37781145
>>37781219
cont.
A LOT GETS DECIDED IN THE KITCHEN, remember that.
Also, general /fit/ knowledge, sleep more, lift more.
The healthier your mind, the healthier your body will be, believe me, and vice versa. It's a mutualy beneficial thing. Helping your body helps the mind, or just shut off while in the gym, works great for me because i've got a mind that races everywhere, but slows down while just doing my routines.
Psst another tip: after you really get going with the weights, stop counting your reps, just add more weight and achieve exhaustion every time, you'll find out the muscle feeling i'm reffering to soon enough. Stop counting, more weight, more gains. Wreck it every day you're there and feel good about it, doesn't matter how much you achieved on a day as long as the quality was adequate. And don't define your scale of how good or bad something is on other ppl, you're in your own body, everybody does what they want to do in a gym, be that sufficient or exagerating, everybody is working for themselves at the end of the day and reaps what they sow
>>
>>37781219
>>37781270

thx m8
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.