[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ive been thinking of getting a kettlebell lately, i wanna get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: balls.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
ive been thinking of getting a kettlebell lately, i wanna get something sinple i can use at home when im not at the gym so to bring it with me so i at least get some exercise if im away. are they fun to use?
>>
>>37776664
yeah they are fun, but are more so for cardio than strength. Pavel has good resources for kettlebells
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 217x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 217x233
>>37776695
Pavel sounds like a big guy
>>
>>37776664
i have a 16 and 24kg and love them dearly.

swings
turkish getups
push press
ribbons
swing catches

all great. especially when you are really used to them and combo all those exercises. they also give good shoulder stability. you would also be suprised how fucking much they make you sweat.

i do every morning a 10-20 minutes session to get the body a bit heated up for the cold shower.

i really wouldnt want to miss them.
>>
Bottoms Kettle bell OHP is a beautiful challenge
>>
>>37776664
my roommate used to work a single 16kg cattle bell.
he used it for swings, presses, and even squat.
A grown, 80+kg man, squatting 16 kg. He said his legs were hella strong.
Don't be like my roommate. Work the bells if you like but know that it's more hard cardio than strength.
>>
>>37776803
he's actually not that big...
>>
>>37776803
4U
>>
Give me some good kettle ball exercises for MASS
>>
>>37777476
kettlebells are rather cardio-strength tools. if you want raw mass you need to dumbell/barbell too.
>>
>>37776664
KETTLE BELLS ARE FOR PUSSIES FUCK OFF SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE
>>
>>37776664
Invaluable if you're training hard for other sports. I do bjj, muay thai and ice hockey and trying to fit 3 days of heavy lifting into that schedule without getting incredibly drained is extremely hard. So I do 3 kettlebell sessions per week usually a few hours before sports practice and 1 day of heavy deadlift, squat and bench at the weekend.
I have 2 16s 2 24s and a 32 I love them dearly
>>
>>37777476
Get a 40 kg one.
OHP
Cleans
Turkish get up
Pistol squats
Swings

Should get you some starting strength.
>>
>>37777327
Try front squatting 2 32kg bells. Only 64kg in total but I can tell you that it feels like a hell of a lot more
>>
>>37777671
Eh i think they can be good for snatches cleans and shoulder press doing that with a 20kg + bell isn't easy
>>
Underrated when used correctly imo. They're a tool just like anything else.
>>
>>37778414
This. Turkish get ups will make a little boy out of a strong man who trains solely with barbells. Very difficult exercise
>>
They're awesome to use.

And here, have a link to my routine:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WtTtbBR0hlenAGIX_O3Dsoc9qwQjun4GcZOwOEtOQrQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: kb_-_28b-promo1sm-997x1024.jpg (99 KB, 997x1024) Image search: [Google]
kb_-_28b-promo1sm-997x1024.jpg
99 KB, 997x1024
Have a true kettlebell anecdote:

>Get new kettlebells yesterday by mail.
>Mother-in-law tries to pick one of the boxes up but decides against it.
>Mother-in-law asks me to be careful because she doesn't want to go to jail for murder when, in an attempt to save my life, pulls a kettlebell off of my crushed-in head, inadvertantly putting her fingerprints on the kettlebell.
>>
File: ivan-denisov1.jpg (327 KB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
ivan-denisov1.jpg
327 KB, 1000x1504
>>37778926
I just don't understand how Pavel looks like such shit despite being an avid kettlbell practitioner. Look at the likes of Ivan Denisov (girevoy champion) compared to him.
>>
>>37779052
I can think of a number of reasons desu. The main one being that getting huge was never his main goal. Still, his corny ass books are pretty decent and I've become a fan of his.
>>
>>37779103
No doubt that his advice is solid, I just never understood why he never looked particularly good but I suppose that could just be genetics
>>
A buck per pound, shit they're expensive, even used.
>>
>>37779243
Overpriced name brand kettlebells aside, how much cheaper per pound, are new dumbbell and barbell weights delivered?
>>
>>37779130
No, he never trained for size as far as I know. He doesn't really need it for what he does. Denisov however pushes heavier and heavier kettlebells for fun and the size helps.
>>
>>37776664
Kettlebells are for lunks.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.