[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, I want your help to settle an autistic debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Alright /fit/, I want your help to settle an autistic debate I'm having with a bro, as well as guide my progress.

>TLDR: What's the best body type for surviving a moshpit, and how do you go about obtaining it?

I've been going to heavy metal shows, as well as the occasional punk, psychobilly, and ska show since HS. In HS, I did bodyweight exercises and jogged to keep fit. I took up weightlifting about 2 years ago in an effort to better dominate (24 now.)

Some things I've noticed:
>Manlets generally have an advantage, due to their low center of gravity and ability to get up quickly should they fall over.
>Skellies get BTFO'ed pretty quickly. Ottermodes fair better as they have enough muscle to power out of most situations, but also have the cardio to last
>Powerlifting/sumo types generally dominate for a short bit, but their mass/ general lack of cardio forces them to retire quickly
>Straight up muscular/football (americunt here) types are sort of "glass cannon"ish, in that they are easily moved, but generate a lot of force.

Thoughts?
>>
I'm not gonna lie. It think it may actually be Jason Blaha/contractor mode.

>Enough weight to be reasonably hard to move
>Enough cardio to last
>Enough power to throw your weight around
>>
SSGOMAD tier body

Have you ever even been in a mosh pit, OP?
>>
strongfat, 5'11
>>
According to what you just said, fat manlet powerlifter.
>>
>>37774552
>fat manlet powerlifter

Basically the average /fit/izen then?
>>
I always junp into the pit and I go to a lot of thrash/punk gigs. It was quite better for me when I did bw stuff plus cardio because I had the strength to push others and could last the whole time. I don't feel much stronger now in terms of moshing but since I started SS I tire much more easily.

BW or weights doesn't matter so much as long as you do enough cardio. Run a lot.
>>
>>37774639
Basically, Ottermode beats strongfat in longevity, but strongfat beats ottermode in a head to head clash.

Btw, started taking preworkout before shows and holy shit. I have guys coming up to me afterwards and asking how I kept it up for like 2hrs.
>>
>>37774135
Bear/viking mod obv. Pretty sure they invented melee for fun.
>>
File: plebs.gif (2 MB, 330x166) Image search: [Google]
plebs.gif
2 MB, 330x166
>>37774135
>Having to push each and swing arms like a retard in order to enjoy a metal show
>>
>>37774912
Yeah I really don't see how most pits would be fun.
>>
>>37774912
This. You're a grown ass man.
>>
>>37774945
*Mosh
>>
>>37774912
>>37774945
>>37774962

A. Its tradition
B. The appeal is a fun way to release aggression. Also its a prty good workout
C. You don't have to participate if you don't want
D. What's the point of muscles if you don't use them for anything?
E. Don't be a pussy
>>
>>37775091
This. Its a pretty big endorphin rush too. Also the fact that you might (but probably won't) get hurt adds some excitement to it.

That being said, to each their own. If you don't wanna participate, you don't have to. Calling out pits as a practice at metal shows is fucking retarded though. Its necessary to a metal show. Most frontmen will get pissed off if everyone is just standing around.
>>
>>37774561
This
But you would have to add homosexual to the formula
>>
>he still listens to metal
>>
>>37774333
Blaha gets winded from talking though. His channel is 90% gasping for air on between autistic rants about how he's a black ops with 300 confirmed kills.
>>
Be 350 lbs and stand in the middle.
>>
>>37774912
>metal
Didn't know the Wiggles switched it up. This won't sit well with Disney.
>>
Pretty much just be big, tall and strong, it always worked for me, I'd always have a 2m radius of people avoiding me in the middle of a pit due to my size desu
>>
File: blackmetalpumpin.jpg (81 KB, 478x347) Image search: [Google]
blackmetalpumpin.jpg
81 KB, 478x347
Nomatter how big you are, your stance is pretty important if you don't want to get hurt. I've seen big ass dudes with their noses running all over the front of their shirts while tiny turbo manlets were wrecking shit up

Mantaining some sort of protective bubble over your chest and face area using your bent arms ( think of when you you're doing barbell curls) is a pretty effective method; protects you and allows you to push people away easily.

I'm not a big guy by any means and never got hurt at pits using this method. I did get a boot to the face once from a crowdsurfer but that was a different ordeal

t. metalfag of many years
>>
>>37774135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oup1XQ6vNZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0VkXJjH-uA

just get in the pit faggot
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.