[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help I'm looking up a lot about bench press here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (133 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133 KB, 640x1136
I need help I'm looking up a lot about bench press here lately and I tried asking my friend but I'm not sure if he's right I'm currently 360 pounds and I can only do 145 for a few reps but he seems to think I should be able to handle more weight because I'm bigger
>>
File: image.png (141 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141 KB, 640x1136
>>37774056
>>
File: image.png (115 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
115 KB, 640x1136
>>37774060
Does he have a valid argument at all?
>>
Are you really 400 fucking pounds you fucking piece of shit ?
>>
how fat are you dude
>>
>being this condescending when they are hamplanets as well
>fat=muscle
>everybody has the same starting point

youre friends are dumb and sound real fun to be around.
>>
>>37774056
From a pure scientific point of view a fat guy has more musclemass than a skinny guy, I would expect a 360 pounder to be able to handle bit more weight however you need to get technique down first.
>>
I'm trying to get fit I've had a thyroid problem my entire life with really low metabolites I'm hoping I can get down to 220 and be fit
>>
He's wrong about the fat being muscle, of course. That was a stupid comment he made.

He's generally correct though, but not entirely. People who are excessively fat sometimes have a decent amount of muscle on them, so they're able to lift heavier objects. This doesn't mean a regular fat slob who hasn't worked out in 20+ years is going to have defined muscle underneath all that, though. There are morbidly obese people who have no muscle at all and must build it. Fat people can be incredibly weak. It's not good to assume that bigger implies stronger; it isn't the case all the time. Sometimes, it can be though.

I'm getting back into lifting/working out, but I used to do football and hockey, so I can bench/deadlift more than usual. That's due to my background, though; it isn't because I'm fat.

Classic case: American football linebackers. Notoriously obese as fuck, even morbidly so, but they have insane muscles.
>>
>>37774114
>all those fancy excuses
No you are a fat pig. First step is admission of that.
>>
>>37774074
he is wrong saying that fat=muscle, but yeah, it's true that heavier people lift heavier stuff.

It's about how much you can lift compared to your bodyweight. 70kg guy squatting 105kg (1.5xBW) is way more impressive than 100kg fat fuck squatting 110 kg (1.1xBW).
>>
>>37774157
oops, meant to reply to that guy >>37774070
instead of >>37774074
>>
>>37774142
You must not know what a thyroid is.
>>
>>37774186
No, we know. It doesn't cause you to balloon up to 400 lbs, pig.
>>
>>37774132
I think you meant linemen but point well taken regardless. Also sumo wrestlers. Also both those class of athletes train insanely hard and eat like Michael Phelps with round the clock munchies. Truly some of the best athletes in the world. Weigh 315 run a 40 in 5 sec flat and bench press 225 for 30 reps Jesus they are human freight trains
>>
>>37774142
Not that guy but hormonal problems are a pain in the ass m8. Stop being edgy.
This being said, it's not excuse to be 400 lb you fat fuck
>>
>>37774070

> the fat is muscle as well

Did he even have a sceince class?
>>
>>37774222
Most fatasses exaggerate their hormonal issues and a lot are caused because they are fucking pigs, faggot
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.