[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some advice /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 492x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 492x334
So next monday is a month since I had my appendix removed. I was in the hospital for 3½ days and had antibiotics for about 2 weeks. The 6th of june was the surgery day and the 16th of june was the day I had the metal clamps along the 12 centimeter scar (holding the incision together)

It's only been like a good week that I've really been able to use my abs as normally would, because they were very sore beforehand. Am I good to go to the gym tomorrow or should I wait longer?

I plan on just going a bit lightly so I can get back into it. Don't want to go anywhere above 50% of my max.

Anybody have experience with this kind of surgery?
>>
Bump, I'm itching to get back to training
>>
ask your doctor, not /fit/
>>
>>37772976

You had a laperotomy instead of a laperoscopic procedure? RIP abdominals. You really need to get a hernia belt or similar. I would leave it six weeks in any event.
>>
>>37773453
Yes. The surgeon said that they were going to do a laperoscopic and just leave 3 smaller incisions, but for some reason he said there was too much scar tissue for this to work so he had to open up and check inside. So he ended up doing a full check up on everything.

What is the hernia belt good for? I googled it and it looks quite strange, not like a normal lifting belt.
>>
>>37773498
hernia belt is to prevent your intestines from the muscle wall

either way ask your doctor, not /fit/
>>
>>37773509
from popping out of the muscle wall*
>>
>>37773509
I did while in the hospital, but nothing like this was suggested.

It was just the usual vague explanation of you probably wanna stay on the couch for a couple of weeks before going back to your normal routine and not to do any heavy lifts.
>>
>>37773534
>not to do any heavy lifts

as in never?
>>
>>37773551
That wasn't specified, but I understood it as a four week period or until the sore in my abs were gone.
>>
>>37772976
I had mine removed last August and the consultant ordered that i didnt go back to the Gym for two months. A squat belt is a must for the next few months when doing even light squats and deadlifts. Its been a year since my operation now and i now only use a belt when attempting to beat PR's
>>
>>37773775
Thanks for the tip anon. I was recommended to walk and bike a lot, because it would help with the healing.

And I read a lot on the internet that it has also help for other people having a laparotomy done.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.