[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when I see a ''powerlifter'' squatting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: wert.jpg.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wert.jpg.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
>when I see a ''powerlifter'' squatting low bar with a belt, knee sleeves, wrist wraps and sometimes even a full blown suit not even going ATG
>when I work in with powershitters they almost always have a shitty attitude until I bang out a high bar 170kg single with none of that equipment bullshit (ALPHA)
>when people holler and yell before lifting babbyweight
>when people wear $30 t shirts with stupid ass slogans like ''train angry''
>the guy who wears a shirt saying ''vegains'' and I've never heard him talk about anything but plant protein
>women

Things/people that you hate in the gym thread?
>>
File: IMG-20160627-WA0013.jpg (68 KB, 451x425) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160627-WA0013.jpg
68 KB, 451x425
>>37772372
>that one guy sitting in the corner of the gym waiting to get his 135lbs one rep max done on the bench press, but can't because somebody is actually doing a working set with a good form and he's too much of a pussy to ask how many sets he has left, so he goes home and types shit on /fit/
>that one guy in the gym wearing his smelly ragged t-shirt leaving shitty marks on the bench from the dirt on the shirt
>that one misogynistic guy at the gym when girls take the alpha bodybuilder instead of him even though he tells how good his 5x5 results are
>>
>That one guy who lies on /fit/ and makes shitty threads poullting the board until all the good posters leave
>>
File: cropped 185x2.webm (3 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
cropped 185x2.webm
3 MB, 720x720
>>37772372
Im a PL, but i only squat highbar. Dont generalize ;_;

185kg x2 beltless
>>
File: mfw emma.jpg (132 KB, 566x553) Image search: [Google]
mfw emma.jpg
132 KB, 566x553
>>37772372
>unironically bragging about a sub-4plate squat
>>
>>37772602
Nice bodyweight squat.
>>
>>37772630
Fucking kek
>>
>>37772630
S A V A G E
>>
>>37772630
thanks
>>
>>37772630
DELETE THIS
>>
why do people always hate on lowbar? I recently switched from highbar to lowbar and it's comfy as fuck
can squat more weight too
>>
>>37772669

People (especially on /fit/) are always looking for a way to disqualify other peoples achievements, regardless of how minor.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (24 KB, 449x480) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
24 KB, 449x480
>>37772630
>>
>>37772675
i always read shit about how high bar is more suitable for athletes
i don't think they understand how important the posterior chain is for rugby players/sprinters etc
>>
File: 1456174577678.gif (2 MB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1456174577678.gif
2 MB, 500x259
>>37772630
>>
>>37772684
thats what deadlifts are for
>>
>>37772732

In-season athletes generally aren't going to be doing conventional deadlifts.
>>
>>37772372
I lost at the "$30 shirt with stupid quote".
I have an arsenal of fancy work out clothes from when I used to box, but when I lift weights, I literally go wearing whatever I am while I'm slouching around at home. People always give me weird looks because I show up wearing hi top vans, an oversize t shirt and joggers, then I outlift the fuck out of everyone there. Feels good.
>>
>>37772669
Because they're faggots who think they don't need to change.

I think most people who don't do their homework start out doing high bar because it's the one that feels more intuitive. When they then start to make shitty progress after the 100kg mark and see people who low bar speeding past them, they get buttmad. Instead of just looking at a youtube clip of how to do low bar and joining us here in Gains Central.
>>
>>37772669
>>37772762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>37772790
I dont squat lowbar like that you dont squat highbar like that
>>
File: 1437709941981.jpg (110 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1437709941981.jpg
110 KB, 497x640
>>37772630
Rekd
>>
>that faggot nu male with orange died hair and a pedo mustache that uses women's weights

>that roider who is shredded and huge in summer and half my size in winter that lifts babyweights

>women doing everything wrong yet still looking good cause they only have not to be fat

>people that use the cardio equipment at very low intensities

>people that use belts for anything other than squatting 180kg+ or deadlifting 220kg+

>people that use straps for anything other than deadlifting 180kg+

>people that squat in running shoes

>people that use the smith machine

>people that say "they'll push out 6 reps for sure" when you spot them at bench, then push out 2 and you half to curl with them the rest

>that loud "boxer" that never shuts the fuck up with his "tough guy" act to his shitty acquaintances

>the fat manlet crossfitter that does shadow kung-fu between sets and argues biochemistry with you while not knowing shit about shit

list goes on, i literally hate everything at my gym apart from 4-5 people
>>
>>37772854
I think you got the belt and straps thing mixed up. I not lifting above 180 without a belt. I dont use straps and have a 1rm at 220. I do use chalk however
>>
>>37772790
Don't trigger the porkerlifters m8, just let them live in their little low bar bubble.
>>
>>37772790
>Comparing powerlifting squats to correctly performed lowbar squats.

I could explain why the lax judging standards of powerlifting federations leads to shit like this, or why just because world-class olympic lifters can squat a lot with high bar doesn't make them 'better' because olympic lifters can squat a lot with fucking anything. But I won't. Because you either know that already, or you're a complete mong.
>>
>>37772893

More the lax judging standards of one powerlifting federation in particular.
>>
>>37772790
aahahha PL btfo
>>
>>37772790
Kek everytime
Seriously though, I do lowbar and frontsquats
That geared shit is aweful
>>
>>37772893
>>37772903
Explain this pls
>>
>>37773070

Almost all of those powerlifting examples are from the SPF, which is notoriously loose on its judging (not just on squatting, but those are the most common/obvious). Loose enough that the sites that track overall powerlifting records periodically disavow their numbers. Technically its rules are the same (more or less) as other feds - must break parallel, no foot movement, etc - but they were and are terrible at actually enforcing them.

Bad lifts happen but most feds aren't like that. If anything the IPF tends too hard in the other direction and shuts out legit lifts on a fairly regular basis.

The weird-arse wide stance is a separate thing. That's an artefact of them squatting in suits, which change the movement a hell of a lot.
>>
File: 1372486858904.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1372486858904.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>>37772372
>that guy who after I've been warming up for 10+ minutes just comes in and goes straight to the good squat rack right before I was just gonna start using it
>>
>>37773119
I once read that a top level powerlifter remarked that, in a bench shirt, you basically "can't even get less than 300lbs to your chest at a certain point, because less weight than that and you'd have to row it down"

Any truth to that?
>>
>>37772854
>the fat manlet crossfitter that does shadow kung-fu between sets and argues biochemistry with you while not knowing shit about shit
Sounds pretty specific.

You have a story?
>>
>>37773167
>10 minute warm-up

No
>>
I wouldn't mind women if they stuck to the cardio machines. But when they take up space and evertone else's time by doing shit like bench presses and dead lifts I start to have an aneurysm.
>>
>>37773188

Yes.

It depends on the shirt, how you're wearing it and how tight it is but there's definitely a point at which the weight just isn't going to come down. And yes, getting the bar to touch in the right place at the right time is definitely a skill in a bench shirt.

The result of which is an awful lot of new gear lifters buying a top of the line shirt, cranking it as much as possible and then bombing at the meet because nothing they can actually handle is going to get within six inches of their chest.
>>
>>37772669
Because if someone is better than you it's really not because they're better than you but because of cheating. That way weak shits spare their fragile ego.
>>
>>37772872
belt is completely unnecessary. you will just lift extra weight due to the back support

but i'm talking about faggots that curl 20kg with a belt, or faggots that wear straps during their whole workout because at some point they have to row 60kg or some shit

>>37773190
there's this fat manlet neckbeard, you know the type that tries to be the center of attention and sound cool but his whole body screams insecurities? he tried to argue with me about crossfit, but in the end he agreed it's dangerous and wrong, then he tried to argue with me about human physiology which i study in uni.

he also does "matrial arts", like that isn't the red flag for "i have low self-esteem". and out of all of them, he does the most neckbeard thing of all, fucking kung-fu

generally my gym is a cesspit of idiots. i can number 2-3 people that are either i) ottermode whole year round, and their work-out is aimed at that while staying natty and ii) one powerlifter that occasionally comes because the only powerlifting gym here is on the other side of the city

everyone else is either dyel, roiding with babyweights, or a woman. funny thing is its 3 times better than my old gym
>>
>>37772602

I'm a random dyel looking gymrat.

210kg x2 without anything.

>@75kg bw
>184-185cm tall
>>
>>37772372
>when i see a highbar shitter proud of his sub 4pl8 squat
>load up 5pl8s next to him and rep it out
>"b-b-but i dont use a belt"
>>
>>37773224
Jeez that's nuts. Any videos of these failures?
>>
>>37772372

>women blocking the squat rack doing the bar only
>they think they will get a big booty

can they just fuck off to the legpress, smith machine or do BW squats?
>>
>>37773325
Vid big boy.
>>
>>37773370

Not that I can be bothered digging up. But its possible to fail to touch with an absolute fuckton on the bar. Here's Ryan Kennelly - who's a bench monster regardless of gear - having a fight with three 1000+ attempts in full gear and demonstrating the wide range of ways to fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRqi9QGggo
>>
>>37772854

>people that say "they'll push out 6 reps for sure" when you spot them at bench, then push out 2 and you half to curl with them the rest

kek

>tfw you help them at the 3rd rep and then lift the bar into the rack
>>
>>37773167

thats why i warm up in the squat rack between doing my warm up sets
>>
>>37772854
Fuck you and every other person that touches the bar or hovers around the fucking bar when I'm benching. Stop curling the weight for them stroking their egos and teaching them how to spot incorrectly.
>>
>>37772372
>women
>old people
90% of all problems would disappear
>>
>>37773325
you change your stats every day
how's your 55kg pullup session going?
>>
>>37773436
>tfw you help them at the 3rd rep and then lift the bar into the rack

that's what i do. i even tell them "there's no point if i lift them for you, just lower the weight"

they never do that of course, they just call someone else. best part is when the guy helps them from the 1st rep, then after the 6th assisted one he goes "woah man you had 2 more easily"
>>
>Ask a guy for a spot on bench.
>Literally 5x5 weight 95 kgs easy as fuck.
>This guy shouts and makes noises like fucking Macho Man Randy Savage
I understand that he was trying to hype me up but it just threw me off so much, still finished my sets I suppose.
>>
>>37772630
Lmfaoooooo
>>
>>37773460
you misunderstand me friend, they WANT me to touch the bar and curl the weights. they want to be able to say "i bench this much for 8 reps" while they can do 3 by themselves

i never touch the bar if i'm not told. i do hover in the last reps, and that's because one time it actually saved my bro from snapping his neck since his arms failed suddenly and i had to catch the barbell in the air, but i never touch it
>>
>>37773495
Oh sorry dude, thought you meant they do 2 reps and then you curl the last 4 with them.

Yeah had people like in my old gym that and guy told me off for not having my hand on the bar when he was benching.
>>
Every Friday night this guy comes in with his girlfriend. The woman at least dresses in gym gear and does some proper exercise, but this fucking guy turns up in skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt, leg presses 3 plate and does some kind of odd squatting motion in the smith machine where he presses himself as hard as he can against the bar at an angle

I seriously do not get this fucking guy.
>>
>>37773507
>Yeah had people like in my old gym that and guy told me off for not having my hand on the bar when he was benching

one time in my old gym a guy started shouting at me because i "didn't help him", meaning i didn't curl the weight. when i told him that it's wrong to do that and that he should lower the weight, he told me he's gonna do whatever the fuck he wants and i can either help him do it his way or not. at this point i stopped responding and told him whatever u feel like m8, after which he approached me 3 times saying something like "do you understand why you fucked me?". 3rd time i told him to get the fuck out of my face, then my friend told him in the lockers he should apologize which he did

never saw him around after that. that gym was full of fucking hicks, the stories i have from there i could fill a whole thread with
>>
>>37772473
170kg isn't really special either mate
>>
>>37773278
>Belt is unnecessary
>You will just lift extra weight

Are you fucking retarded? What if you need strong legs for weightlifting or a sport, why would you not use the belt to get more weight on the bar?

Sure, a belt shouldn't be a crutch but you're fucking dumb and probably dyel if you think they're useless.
>>
File: squat 240kg WI Open.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
squat 240kg WI Open.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
in for lowbar being comfy as fuckkkkkk

in for knee sleeves feeling like you're squatting with marshmallows around your knees

in for belts making your bracing better

in for wrist wraps allowing you to squat over 4pl8 without wanting to chop your arms off

in for OP hating on a bunch of fun stuff he's never tried
>>
>>37773611
why would you want strong legs but a weak core? you're an idiot
>>
>>37773714

A belt isn't going to weaken your core.
>>
>>37773723
no, but it will create an imbalance between your core and your legs, your core is gonna be weaker than your legs
>>
File: banter hand.png (749 KB, 1004x838) Image search: [Google]
banter hand.png
749 KB, 1004x838
>>37773789
>>
>>37773789

Nope.

A belt increases abdominal activation during the lift. You'll have a stronger core from squatting/deadlifting belted than without (although this comes at the cost of slightly decreased oblique usage).
>>
>>37773819
you have no idea how a belt works, but it's ok

try lifting the same weight you lift belted without a belt, see what happens
>>
>>37773832
It's you who don't know how belts work, he's right.
Please educate yourself: http://strengtheory.com/the-belt-bible/
>>
>>37772669
How long did it take you to get used to the switch?

I just hit 330 high bar earlier this week, but my form is kind of shitty and I want to try switching to low bar.
>>
>>37773867
suh twinklex
>>
>>37773832
You clearly have no clue how a belt works. It literally optimizes your ab activation, go sell your bro science somewhere else moron.
>>
> those 2 gymbros that occupy the squat rack for an hour and do 1pl8 half rep squats
>>
>>37773884
Hey, not much. Just ate breakfast. Gonna shower and go play some ping pong soon. Probably drank too much beer last night..
>>
>>37773832
>>37773714
You are a fucking imbecile holy shit
>>
>>37773906
>>37773886
>>37773860

have some (you)s you dyel fuck. like i said, there is no difference between a belt and knee wraps and all that shit. you either lift raw, or you don't. with this line of logic, why not wear deadlift suits?

have fun with your training wheels for lifting
>>
>>37774039
Post vid of your squat big boy let us see your strength.
>>
>>37774039
This is bait.
>>
>>37774052
i squat 180kg x2, with a knee injury kiddo

i'm not elite powerlifter, but i prolly outlift you
>>
>>37774094
I curl more than that you fucking DYEL.
>>
>>37773351
Good job on your sub-2x bodyweight assisted """"squat"""" fatass.
>>
>>37774094
I just wear the belt so my guts don't come out where my balls should be. Is that wrong?
>>
>>37774094
No you didn't.
>>
>>37774094

>180kgx2
>Impressive

Lmao
>>
>>37773539
moar
>>
>>37772854
>people that squat in running shoes
that's me senpai

I'm getting new shoes soon bruh...
>>
Reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
>>
>>37775037
how much do you squat atg?
>>
>>37773594
At a weight of 70kg-75kg? Atg?
>inb4 roided lifters
>>
>>37775121
>old dude on steroids that comes in every day
>he does 1/5th rom on every lift with ridiculously heavy weights for his age
>has wraps on every joint on his body
>most likely roiding cause he's fucking 65 pushing 70
>one day disappears, turns out he got kicked
>turns out he has been hospitalized from injuries ranging from tendon tears to dislocations 4-5 times
>daughter in law came in begging the gym to kick him before he broke a hip or some shit

i don't know what went on in his fucking head, but the way he was lifting looked like he was suicidal

>one time squatted 3plate, left the plates on the fucking barbell and left
>gym had only 2 barbells
>that's it, enough of this old cunt
>go to the press where he was pressing a zillion kgs for 1/8th rom
>tell him to come help me unload (not that i needed it the help) because he left 6 plates on the barbell
>reluctantly and clearly angrily, he comes to help

i hated that fucking guy

have a lot more stories from that gym, including how i got kicked when it slowly started disfranchising the lifters and turning into a chick gym

might greentext it after i eat
>>
>>37775232

why don't you go buy some counterfeit all-stars in the farmer's market? they cost like 5 euros tops
>>
>>37775445
Moar plz.
I go to a old school bodybuilding gym that never has problems. For 15$ a month
>>
>>37775393

170kg at 70kg is above intermediate m8, don't let /fit/ tell you otherwise

most fucks in this thread can't even do that much, or are permafat "powerlifters"
>>
>>37773325
You cant possibly be 75kg, im 80 and you are waaaay gatter than me, same height btw
>>
>>37772372
Why would powerlifters go ATG
and no one is impressed by your squat
>>
>>37772790
>non-IPF
They're a joke to us too
>>
>>37775372

215kg
>>
>>37775471
>40-45 year old guy
>family dude, pleasant to be around
>has an okish body, 18% fat with a bit of mass
>his routine is garbage, he does some some 6day brosplit or some shit
>his workouts are literally 30mins of biceps A, 30 mins of back exercises B, etc
>never thought much of it, because his musclemass wasn't that impressive and he never was lean

now in hindsight, compared to his ridiculous workout routines, was big

>fast forward 6 months
>ask a dude that i've been hanging out with recently where the 45yr old guy was
>hadn't seen him around lately
>turns out he was roiding his ass off
>he hid the roids in said friend's house so his family didn't find out
>he eventually stopped roiding, and stopped lifting all-together
>he literally thought everyone was roiding, everyone was lying about it
>he thought there was no point in lifting without roiding and he couldnt make any gains natty

funniest thing is he looked like a skinnyfat would after 8-10months of bulking on huge dosages of tren/test/dian. all that roiding while lifitng 30mins a day and eating his wife's homecooking 40g of protein a day meals
>>
>>37775599
and how much do you weight?
>>
>>37775611

Right now, 93kg.
>>
>>37772669
bc its just an autistic deadlift
>>
File: Vezzini.jpg (40 KB, 440x296) Image search: [Google]
Vezzini.jpg
40 KB, 440x296
>that fat wannabe powerlifting teenager drinking some blue substance from a gallon water jug labeled "hater tears" in black marker
>mfw he belts up to bench less than 2 plates for struggling singles
>>
>>37773678
I know dude once you put on that gear you can never stop using it
>>
File: VXNrmBV.jpg (104 KB, 756x960) Image search: [Google]
VXNrmBV.jpg
104 KB, 756x960
> People who throw down 3 plate deadlifts like it's a big deal.
> The guy who I don't have the heart to tell that his shadowboxing and powerplate routine isn't doing shit but making him look like a cringey douche
> Anyone who does more than 5 sets on the same piece of equipment. wtf are you even doing besides wasting time?
> The dude who stopped me while doing weighted chins to tell me I'm killing my elbow tendons, wtf?!?!?!
> This girl with the most ridic booty I've ever seen but doesn't do a single exercise, i just see walking around (actually, I don't mind her, just confused as to what she's doing)
> The 3 pairs of bros at my gym who are powerfatters and spend more energy grunting than actually lifting weight to let everyone know they are currently lifting
> The many people I've seen who think the assisted dip/chin up machine is some kind of resistance exercise for their legs
> The old fat guy who keeps eye fucking me, stop it.
> People who do curls right in front of the rack that has all the smaller pre-weighted barbells so no one else can grab them and then get pissed off when you ask them to move
> People who purposefully walk into your way even though you've been walking in a straight line for 10 meters.
> The one dude who works in with me but tries to make it a competition about who can lift more weight
> This one guy who I spotted once who talks to me for 5 minutes everytime I see him now because apparently we're best friends, I don't even know this guy's name

Powerhouse is where I lift btw.
>>
File: 1432223438494.png (346 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1432223438494.png
346 KB, 858x725
>>37772372
>that guy doing his routine with his obviously not nearly as interested as him girlfriend
>theyre going really slow and hogging up the 1 squat rack
>>
>>37772630
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>37772372
Why would you go ATG when you compete ?
>>
>>37775460
>thinking converse are better than running shoes in any situation
I hate you
>>
>>37775647
thought so
>>
>>37776320
are you retarded? flat bottom shoes are optimal for low-bar squatting. squatting with running shoes is like squatting on a mattress

fucking newfags i swear
>>
>>37773484
I don't get why people complain about that, what does it matter if a certain weight is small to you? If their max is 5x5 95kg why would they scream any less then someone doing his max at 5x5 140kg?
>>
>>37776852
Ah, misunderstood your post, nevermind.
>>
>>37775960

Ayy powerhouse bro. Everyone in my gym is pretty good desu, save for maybe on or two people

>old guy in his 60s who is clearly roiding and spends every morning throwing around weights too heavy for his age, swearing loudly, and giving everyone the stinkeye
>retarded mexican girls in their 20s who took one of the clips off of one of my bars when i went to get a drink of water so they could use it for 65 lb squats
>>
>>37776741

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>37772372
I have a tiny gym I lift in

>people doing circuits on 6 machines trying to monopolize the entire place
>1-3 reps with weight they cant control all while screaming and acting like fools.. not to say a 1rm isnt needed from time to time but seriously 10 sets of 1? why are you trying to snap tendons?
>skinny guy that wont stop asking everyone what they squat
>angry people who cant seem to understand how peaceful this sport can be
>that old guy who just wants to talk
>>
>>37777093
prolly that 215kg at 93 vs 190kg at 75-80 is more or less the same
>>
>that manlet that has to work hard on babyweight

i hate myself 2bh
>>
>>37775960
Supinated grip on a straight bar IS bad for elbow health, anon
>>
>>37776320
DYEL?
>>
>>37772372
>Women
Ayyyyy girls just wanna have guns
>>
>>37778011
Why? Not that guy, but it vastly improved my elbow issues that I got from a bad low-bar grip (that I've since fixed).
>>
>>37773484
>ask for spot
>they start holding the bar after your first rep before you show any signs of failing
maybe i just looked super dyel and he expected me to kill myself benching 80kgs
I can roll of shame now
>>
why is fit so obsessed with atg squats? The benefit of atg is very small overall unless you're training for oly lifting and the risk for the average person to totally fuck their spine with atg is much higher.

Remind me of the guys who squat barely 2pl8 atg and turn their spines into pretzels at my gym.
>>
>>37778141
i just stick to db bench so i dont need a spot
>>
>>37778201
feels weird to stop at an arbitrary depth, might as well go full ROM
>>
>>37778282
Quite a lot of people are inflexible as fuck. Some can't even squat to parallel when they start out without collapsing their core. Maximum depth takes quite a lot of flexibility, and trying to reach it before you're ready may fuck you up.
>>
File: a4snjo4.jpg (227 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
a4snjo4.jpg
227 KB, 720x1280
>the older woman who used the cable row once, walked to the other side of the gym, and then rushed back to kick me off when she saw me using it
>the nu-male in flip-flops that comes to the gym to do ~4 shitty pull-ups and then leaves
>the old asian man that took the pin out of the cable machine when I was resting... other than that, i have to admire this guy's work ethic
>people that do circuits
>that one younger woman who always looks really annoyed when people lift within a 10 foot radius of her
>people that wear lifting gloves on the ellipticals
>that chubby girl who gives you bedroom thoughts even though you swore you'd never make that mistake twice
>>
>>37778372
>that one younger woman who always looks really annoyed when people lift within a 10 foot radius of her
that's me, desu. mental health issues and resting bitch face does that.
>>
>the trainer who sets up a mat on the ground right next to my squat rack and loudly asks me to put clips on the bar so that their superobese client can safely do knee pushups.
>>
>>37772372
>low bar
>atg

u wot m8
>>
>the guy who films himself for 99% ass shots for his instagram following for business

that person is me and I have 10k followers and got roughly 20 clients from simply posting my ass in not tight shorts
>>
>>37778201
High bar = lower weight with an upright spine
Low bar = more weight with a horizontal spine

You don't know what the fuck you're on about.
>>
>>37778503
Pics Sempach
>>
>>37772669
Beginners get excited about whetever type of training they started on since, as a noob, the training is very rigid and deterministic. From intermediate level onward, you branch out and begin to learn that everything works but nothing works forever.
>>
>>37778660

>Upright spine for highbar
>Horizontal spine for lowbar

You don't know what you're talking about. The angle of your torso/spine depends entirely on your proportions and highbar or lowbar it will never ever be completely horizontal or vertical.
>>
>>37779040
This is bait.
>>
>>37775232
You're 100x better off squatting in socks.
>>
>>37772706
so hot
>>
File: 1438429005704.gif (676 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1438429005704.gif
676 KB, 320x180
>that new gay couple that had just started going out yesterday who stare and laugh awkwardly at each other while moving babby weights near the free weights area
I-I'm not jealous at all
>>
>>37779040
This is correct.
>>37779375
This is bait.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.